Hey guys! I'll be getting a Priv sometime tomorrow! Just asking some things in what are the first things I should do!

Really excited!

Join "Mustard seed faith" at C003C216D!
    01-05-16 06:29 AM
    Congratulations! First things: 1) Check for OS updates (settings/about phone)
    2) Update all pre-installed apps in Google Play

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv.
    01-05-16 06:58 AM
    3) Find a BB10 diehard and do this:

paulbbp likes this.
    01-05-16 08:15 AM
    1. Blackberry apps needs to be updated manually so open Google play and search for BlackBerry and update all apps.

2. Updated Android

3. If you plan to add Gmail account in to the HUB. You have to disable Gmail notifications on the app. Google it online.

4. Make sure you charge your phone! Maybe you need a quick charger 2.0 for faster charging.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-05-16 10:49 AM
    Don't use content transfer app for your mail accounts but install them manually.
    01-05-16 01:21 PM
    Slide up the screen on a webpage or app and start scrolling with the keyboard and be amazed :-D

01-05-16 02:10 PM
    Lucky you, getting mine sometime next month.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-16 02:40 PM
    Thanks for all the tips guys! I'm updating it right now!

tufcustomer, you'll get it soon! By then, most bugs (hopefully) should be gone!
    tufcustomer likes this.
    01-05-16 06:12 PM
    Thanks for all the tips guys! I'm updating it right now!

tufcustomer, you'll get it soon! By then, most bugs (hopefully) should be gone!
    Stay away from content transfer and remember to restart your phone after all the updates are complete. Let us know how things shake out. For me I've never had a problem with my battery life since day one (mid-November) after my initial setup/updates had been completed.
    01-05-16 06:26 PM
    You're gonna love it. It's seriously awesome. I was originally against the idea of a BlackBerry Android device, but I'm completely convinced they did a good thing with the PRIV.

I'm way more impressed with BlackBerry's version of Android than I thought I would be. It's a difficult device to put down. I'm completely addicted.

Don't get me wrong here though, BlackBerry 10 is AWESOME through and through. But if BlackBerry is going to build Android devices from now on, they did an excellent job with the PRIV and I'm totally on board.

I was previously a 100% BlackBerry 10 fan, with no compromise. So, if I can love the PRIV, so can anybody.

As a Passport user, I thought I'd used the best BlackBerry hardware ever. That is until the PRIV became permanently attached to my hands. I absolutely love this hardware and I believe it's the best design BlackBerry has ever created, Passport is now second place.

fanisk, Jonneh and paulbbp like this.
    01-05-16 07:25 PM
    Another quick question.

After downloading Facebook messenger, there are two Facebook notifications appearing in the Hub. Anyone got this issue? and how did you fix it?

Thanks in advance!

01-05-16 07:56 PM
    Another quick question.

After downloading Facebook messenger, there are two Facebook notifications appearing in the Hub. Anyone got this issue? and how did you fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Try removing the notification option from the messenger app. I don't use Facebook or their messenger app, but I do know that individual apps have individual notification options.

Try that, should help.

01-05-16 07:59 PM
    What is wrong with content transfer? I used it and didn't notice any problems (that I know of).
    01-05-16 08:15 PM
    Stay away from content transfer and remember to restart your phone after all the updates are complete. Let us know how things shake out. For me I've never had a problem with my battery life since day one (mid-November) after my initial setup/updates had been completed.
    How long does your battery last and what is your screen on time between charges?

Thx

01-05-16 09:41 PM
    What is wrong with content transfer? I used it and didn't notice any problems (that I know of).
    Perhaps the OS updates have fixed things. But early on, content transfer was suspected to have caused many a battery drain. But perhaps the volume of the transfer itself is to blame?

Regardless, as I had all my contacts synced with Gmail (and my work contacts through exchange), it didn't take too long to get my device up and running. All my media went to my sd card through my PC.

01-05-16 10:55 PM
    How long does your battery last and what is your screen on time between charges?

Thx

On a heavy use day, I'll get 5-6 hours of screen time and a minimum of 24 hours total on my battery. On light usage, I'll get 3-4 hours of screen on time and a minimum of 36 hours. My device spends 60% of the time on wifi. The rest is HSPA/HSPA+. I've disabled LTE by selecting only 3G/4G networks. I use the CoolerMaster app on occasion to detect rogue Apps and shut them down.

I get about 60 emails a day pushed from Gmail or exchange coming in via the hub.

Jonneh likes this.
    01-05-16 11:02 PM
    Me too! I used it and it worked like a charm. Maybe there were bugs at first but they've since been fixed?

01-06-16 08:06 PM
    I used content transfer too. All smooth I didn't transfer my emails though. I thought it'd be better to just connect the account afresh

01-07-16 01:12 AM
    I'm thinking about getting one since it will be available with tmobile at the end of the month and I might be able to upgrade in February. Currently have the passport and note 3.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 09:33 AM
    Get it! You won't regret it!

01-07-16 03:01 PM
    Once you go BlackBerry, you never go back.

01-07-16 06:23 PM