When posting on CB or when writing an email following happens.

A word is miss spelled and therefor underlined. So I touch it to correct. Too bad though some pop up appears that blocks me manually correcting. It also blocks hitting the suggestion at the bottom.

Question 1) How to disable the pop-up?
    Question 2) Are the pop-up and the suggestions on the bottom from competing spellcheckers ?
    02-04-17 03:11 AM
    I did not really get what the problem is, and I could not reproduce something similar. Maybe you do have 2 spellcheckers competing, but I really wouldn't know how something like that could happen. Dis you install an alternative keyboard app, or you're using the physical keyboard?
    02-04-17 02:53 PM
    Pretty sure you can't turn off the pop-up. If you don't like it I believe the only option is to turn off spell check altogether.
    02-05-17 12:20 AM
    You can tap somewhere outside of the pop-up and it will disappear.
    There seem to be to things:
    1. the spell-check in the pop-up, that checks the words against some dictionary
    2. the word prediction of the keyboard, that learns all sorts of things you type in automatically, and thus might also want predict words that are not in the dictionary.
    02-05-17 01:05 AM
    I did not really get what the problem is, and I could not reproduce something similar. Maybe you do have 2 spellcheckers competing, but I really wouldn't know how something like that could happen. Dis you install an alternative keyboard app, or you're using the physical keyboard?
    always physical keyboard. no other apps installed
    02-05-17 09:02 AM
    You can tap somewhere outside of the pop-up and it will disappear.
    There seem to be to things:
    1. the spell-check in the pop-up, that checks the words against some dictionary
    2. the word prediction of the keyboard, that learns all sorts of things you type in automatically, and thus might also want predict words that are not in the dictionary.
    @2 prediction? Ok makes kind of sense. The bottom thing is the only one that can handle Dutch/German/English at the same time it seems (like os10 correction could by the way).
    02-05-17 09:06 AM
    Pretty sure you can't turn off the pop-up. If you don't like it I believe the only option is to turn off spell check altogether.
    That is a bummer. Thanks anyway, will give it a try switching of spellcheck and see whether the bottom tool remains.

Somehow I would have expected
    - short press the word: just edit it
    - long press the word: pop-up with suggestions

As the spellcheck only runs one language at a time quite often I want to correct a Dutch word manually as the English suggestions it give me are useless. The Classic just dealt with different languages without changing spelcheck setting. Did I oversee something and could Priv deal with this as well?
    02-05-17 09:13 AM
    @2 prediction? Ok makes kind of sense. The bottom thing is the only one that can handle Dutch/German/English at the same time it seems (like os10 correction could by the way).
    Yes, the predictions usually handle more than language at once.
    02-08-17 08:11 AM