I wanted to stay with BB10 no matter what but this is it, I give up!

Should I hold on to get a Mercury or get a Priv now?
    Here's the debate in my head

Mercury
    Pro: Might have a better PKB than the Priv
    Con: Might have lower specs than the Priv

Priv
    Pro: The specs might be better than the Mercury
    Con: People say the PKB feels cramped
    07-22-16 09:57 AM
    I've heard more info about new devices (probably the Hamburg/Mercury/DTEK 50/whatever the hell it is now) is supposed to come next week, so you might want to put off the decision for a bit.
    07-22-16 10:05 AM
    Had the same dilemma. Bought the Priv 3 weeks ago. Dove in. And I now love it. Go ahead. I'm not convinced that a new device with a physical keyboard will ever actually come out.

BTW I use the pkb only for my emails where it actually matters about typos etc. The vkb is very good and frankly good enough for non-business texts, posts like this one and quick stuff. The beauty is that the pkb is there for business and professional communication. It's a new sort of model of having the option. Think differently!!

via Priv
    FF22, jegs2, TheGraduate and 1 others like this.
    07-22-16 10:10 AM
    I started with a Storm1 from Verizon and never had a BlackBerry pk phone till this Priv. I can't get used to the physical keyboard but only use it once and blue moon. Should I keep using it ? Will it will get better and easy if I keep using it?

I just can't see the value. I would rather have bigger battery. Am I wrong?

Had the same dilemma. Bought the Priv 3 weeks ago. Dove in. And I now love it. Go ahead. I'm not convinced that a new device with a physical keyboard will ever actually come out.

BTW I use the pkb only for my emails where it actually matters about typos etc. The vkb is very good and frankly good enough for non-business texts, posts like this one and quick stuff. The beauty is that the pkb is there for business and professional communication. It's a new sort of model of having the option. Think differently!!

via Priv
    Posted via CrackBerry App for Android on America's 🌎 largest network.
    07-22-16 10:23 AM
    I was having the same dilemma (waiting for the Argon), but decided to pick up the Priv during the Amazon Prime day. I figure I have a 30 day return policy, so if if it looks interesting after the announcement I may return the Priv and wait.
    07-22-16 10:43 AM
    I've heard more info about new devices (probably the Hamburg/Mercury/DTEK 50/whatever the hell it is now) is supposed to come next week, so you might want to put off the decision for a bit.
    And on the other end I heard the Samsung Note 7 is coming out in early August. They're skipping the 6 I guess to match the S7 and compete with upcoming iPhones.
    07-22-16 10:21 PM
    If you can buy PRIV cheap, then get it. The physical keyboard isn't that bad. It doesn't take that long to get used to it.

Posted via handy dandy PRIV
    Vee1Vee2 likes this.
    07-22-16 10:25 PM
    I started with a Storm1 from Verizon and never had a BlackBerry pk phone till this Priv. I can't get used to the physical keyboard but only use it once and blue moon. Should I keep using it ? Will it will get better and easy if I keep using it?

I just can't see the value. I would rather have bigger battery. Am I wrong?

Posted via CrackBerry App for Android on America's 🌎 largest network.
    Ive never had a pkb before this either and I'm finding that I like it. The more you use it the better it is. I don't use it for everything but it's hard telling what I might just decide to do with it. When I'm Web browsing I almost exclusively use it due to the fact that I'm already scrolling with it. Is it more cramped than a laptop? Yeah but it's not any more cramped than a vkb. It has very similar flick ability and is maybe a bit better vs having the suggestions pop up over a letter like the vkb. I sucked at using it at first and I know I'm still not as good as many but it's almost as fast for me on stuff like this post as the vkb and I can see all of the screen. I only have the pkb because the only BlackBerry I could get that was going to solve my bb10 browser issue is the priv. I won't be afraid to use a pkb anymore as long as it's a BlackBerry. Pretty nice in my opinion

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    FF22 likes this.
    07-22-16 10:59 PM
    Thanks for your input guys

Bought an unlocked Priv for 360US and I am now waiting on delivery. These are my last days with my BlackBerry Z30

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Villard Defender; 07-23-16 at 01:43 AM.
    07-23-16 01:18 AM
    Does the at&t priv get security updates after updating to marshmellow through autoloaders?

Posted via CB10
    07-23-16 08:21 AM
    Ive never had a pkb before this either and I'm finding that I like it. The more you use it the better it is. I don't use it for everything but it's hard telling what I might just decide to do with it. When I'm Web browsing I almost exclusively use it due to the fact that I'm already scrolling with it. Is it more cramped than a laptop? Yeah but it's not any more cramped than a vkb. It has very similar flick ability and is maybe a bit better vs having the suggestions pop up over a letter like the vkb. I sucked at using it at first and I know I'm still not as good as many but it's almost as fast for me on stuff like this post as the vkb and I can see all of the screen. I only have the pkb because the only BlackBerry I could get that was going to solve my bb10 browser issue is the priv. I won't be afraid to use a pkb anymore as long as it's a BlackBerry. Pretty nice in my opinion

I'm in a similar situation. I'm only on day 3 of using the Priv so I know I need more time. But I can pound out text with the vkb but not so well with the pkb.
    How do you type on the pkb? Thumbs flat? Tips? I find I have to be more precise in my typing and sometimes hit two keys at the same time.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-23-16 09:01 AM
    Similarly use my own physical keyboard, and look at the Priv as a way to slowly wean myself off of physical keyboards, looking forward (though not happily) to the days when they've gone the way of the Dodo.
    07-23-16 09:28 AM
    Priv
    Con: People say the PKB feels cramped
    The Priv keyboard is about the same width as the Classic's but only about 70% its height.
    07-23-16 03:38 PM
    I personally don't like the PKB of the PRIV, which is a cramped/squished-together version of the Passport PKB...

I would say to definitely just wait until next week and see what device is revealed.
    07-23-16 04:07 PM
    PRIV!!

Posted via CB10
    07-23-16 07:03 PM
    I'm in a similar situation. I'm only on day 3 of using the Priv so I know I need more time. But I can pound out text with the vkb but not so well with the pkb.
    How do you type on the pkb? Thumbs flat? Tips? I find I have to be more precise in my typing and sometimes hit two keys at the same time.

I use the tips of my thumbs to type. I was really slow with it at first but I've gotten used to it. I'm still a little faster with the vkb but I make more mistakes with it too. It's just a matter of using the pkb and you will get better

07-23-16 08:14 PM
    I haven't said it yet but I say priv lol

07-23-16 08:15 PM
    I was having the same dilemma (waiting for the Argon), but decided to pick up the Priv during the Amazon Prime day. I figure I have a 30 day return policy, so if if it looks interesting after the announcement I may return the Priv and wait.
    It is this attitude that is killing BlackBerry. Try it and send it back. Try that with a car!

Passport SQW 100-1 OS 10.3.2.2813 Winnipeg,MB
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    07-23-16 10:00 PM
    Android, slider, size, it was all new to me. But it wasn't long before I loved it. The Priv is great! The pkb is smaller and a bit different (I came from a Q10), but you will get used to it quickly. I too use the vkb for snap replies on texts. But anything longer than a brief casual sentence, I pop out the pkb. Its a beautiful option to have. Also, a tremendous underrated perk of the pkb is that it works as a cursor on emails and trackpad on websites. It's simply a fantastic device.
    TheBond likes this.
    07-23-16 10:45 PM
    It is this attitude that is killing BlackBerry. Try it and send it back. Try that with a car!

Passport SQW 100-1 OS 10.3.2.2813 Winnipeg,MB
    Of course, if it doesn't work for me, why wouldn't I send it back? I'd do the same thing with Apple or Samsung! Or would you want to spend your hard earned money on something that you didn't want?

And what's killing Blackberry is not the returns - it's the series of missteps they've made along the way!
    07-24-16 11:09 AM
    What's the mercury

07-24-16 02:53 PM
    What's the mercury.
    The Mercury (Rome) is a rumored BlackBerry Android phone, expected to be the third of three new devices, with a physical keyboard, 3:2 screen ratio, and to be officially announce in the first quarter of 2017.
    07-24-16 03:54 PM
    Unlike many of you, I am coming from a decade of keyboards. Amazing, I find myself using a virtual keyboard more often, but still prefer the real thing. I bounce between two Q10s and my Priv. Must say, my Priv is the nicer multi-media device. Still use my Q10s for business, though.

But yes, the Priv is more cramped. Find myself adjusting, however. I used my 9700 for 4 years. The Q10 was awkward at first. My husband still sports my 9700. It feels too teeny and foreign.

Perhaps practice makes perfect?

My two cents...obviously we all have our own opinion.

I wish to support BlackBerry. I fear the alternative. But then again, I dislike change in general...

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and tommyv like this.
    07-25-16 03:28 AM
    Sitting here with my Q10 in my hand and it is upgrade time, everyone around me is is going Apple, I am going PRIV
    12-06-16 07:48 AM