I think I have found the solution to the heating issue and all the lags. Turn off and disable all the blackberry bloatware - hub and everything else. Pure android is fast and convenient. The fact is that after I disabled all the BlackBerry apps and rebooted, the phone stopped overheating and the overall UI speed has increased noticeably.
    My only remaining problem is poor workmanship: I think I just paid $700 for 2014 flagship specs + creacks and wobbles.
    11-09-15 12:32 PM
    You should factor in BlackBerry app's (bloatware as you called it), security and the physical keyboard for 700.

Hopefully they fix the software issues within the next few months.

I think once this phone gets Marshmellow it will really shine.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 12:41 PM
    I'd suggest you turn them back one by one, letting them settle. Maybe it could help to identify which is causing problem. For instance, I sincerely doubt the VKB is an issue here, is it ?
    11-09-15 12:43 PM
    I'd suggest you turn them back one by one, letting them settle. Maybe it could help to identify which is causing problem. For instance, I sincerely doubt the VKB is an issue here, is it ?
    I have updated and properly set up all the blackberry apps but still had the lags and crashes. However, the overheating and sluggishness went away the moment I turned them off. The hub is useless on android, it doesn't include all apps/messengers and after I disabled it, my Gmail and Exchange accounts started working like they should. The blackberry apps seem to be the problem for me, probably poorly written and not optimized.
    11-09-15 01:16 PM
    iOS 9 has a battery screen that allows you to see which apps are using the battery so if Android doesn't have it then it will pretty soon or, perhaps, there is an Android app that does this for you. Whatever app is causing the heat is almost certainly consuming a lot of battery.

Get over the "productivity myth"-img_2934.png
    11-09-15 02:42 PM
    Android has always had the battery manager

Get over the "productivity myth"-images.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Ihauntu2 likes this.
    11-09-15 02:54 PM