I keep reading about android + hub, keyboard, calendar, etc. But I can't find anything about Bb10 being completely gesture based with no need for a home button. It's my favorite feature and one that I think sets blackberry apart from everyone else in a consumer market where customers don't think much past the basic user experience. So, will a droidberry have the Gestures?

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 07:17 PM
    I keep reading about android + hub, keyboard, calendar, etc. But I can't find anything about Bb10 being completely gesture based with no need for a home button. It's my favorite feature and one that I think sets blackberry apart from everyone else in a consumer market where customers don't think much past the basic user experience. So, will a droidberry have the Gestures?

Posted via CB10
    No. Even the leaked videos have shows a home button. Gestures will not be the same is at all as BlackBerry 10.
    08-26-15 07:36 PM
    No. Even the leaked videos have shows a home button. Gestures will not be the same is at all as BlackBerry 10.
    Although the leaks we have seen were from an old Spring build which did not seem to include the BlackBerry Experience Suite, or the BlackBerry Launcher. Navigation might end up being some kind of fusion.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2339
    08-26-15 07:43 PM
    Although the leaks we have seen were from an old Spring build which did not seem to include the BlackBerry Experience Suite, or the BlackBerry Launcher. Navigation might end up being some kind of fusion.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2339
    We'll see, but there are only so many changes that a skin or customization can do to an OS. I think the fluid gestures of BB10 won't make it to the slider, if Android.
    08-26-15 08:18 PM
    Yes. I am having the same question that OP has. If Android version BB phone doesn't have gesture then BB's productivity experience wont be the same. I hate multitasking on Android and IOS. Too much effort to switch between apps :-s
    If the Slider indeed runs Android without gestures support, how could the be any different from other Android running smartphones, navigation wise?

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 05:08 AM
    Yes. I am having the same question that OP has. If Android version BB phone doesn't have gesture then BB's productivity experience wont be the same. I hate multitasking on Android and IOS. Too much effort to switch between apps :-s
    If the Slider indeed runs Android without gestures support, how could the be any different from other Android running smartphones, navigation wise?

Posted via CB10
    Probably not much of a difference, navigation wise. Maybe they'll implement some gesture support but it won't be like BB10.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 06:12 AM
    if they can have some kinda functionality like "bb 10 mode" ,kinda like desktop mode in PC, a different kinda way to display the apps. In that mode its all GESTURES. if that's the case, i will buy in.
    08-27-15 06:18 AM
    Plus one

Z10

It would be nice if there was a BB10 skin. I wonder if the OS is still kernel based as QNX usually, it wouldn't be hard for put gesture back
    08-27-15 06:24 AM
    Plus one

Z10

It would be nice if there was a BB10 skin. I wonder if the OS is still kernel based as QNX usually, it wouldn't be hard for put gesture back
    People are speculating about a theory in which the Slider will operate on Android with QNX kernel. I am not an expert but from the discussion, it seems that it is the only way to have a secure version of Android OS. That matches with Chen' statement earlier about how he wouldn't go Android if he cannot secure it.
    And yes u r right, people saying gestures supports might come if the speculation is true.
    Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 11:13 AM