I've been using sliders for years now and one thing that always bothered me was lack of either push or pull grip. I have yet to see a slider that opens and closes with the same effort. My latest slider was Pre3 and as number suggests it was in its third generation but sliding mechanism still lacked proper grip design feature to close it.

Usually with sliders its easier to push them open as you can press the bottom face of the body that slides up, in Venice case you push the edge of the screen that sits on top of the keyboard. But when it comes to closing or pulling down you either have to have a strong grip with a lot of pressure on the screen and smudge it in the process or you have to push it from the top. From what I can tell Venice doesn't solve this either but I will reserve my judgment.

The first time I used a slider I thought to my self how designers need to implements some thin extruded edge at the bottom to make it easier to push and to have proper grip when pulling down or have some kind of different sandpaper like surface to make your fingers stick without applying pressure. It's common sense stuff yet to be implemented.
    08-19-15 06:52 AM
    My HP Pre 3 didn't require any strong grip to close it. I just opened my drawer, picked up my HP Pre 3 and tested yet again: no strong grip to close it. So at least one slider did it right once.
    08-19-15 12:48 PM
    Interesting. I had a 9810 BB slider for a couple of years and positively loved it. My hands were large enough that I could pinch it closed with thumb on top and little finger on the bottom, I think.

I honestly don't ever remember finding it an issue to open or close the phone. Mind you, the phone was a great deal smaller than what this new slider appears to be (width and height).
    09-01-15 12:35 PM
    Interesting. I had a 9810 BB slider for a couple of years and positively loved it. My hands were large enough that I could pinch it closed with thumb on top and little finger on the bottom, I think.

I honestly don't ever remember finding it an issue to open or close the phone. Mind you, the phone was a great deal smaller than what this new slider appears to be (width and height).
    Same here.. no issues with the 9810
    Used to open and close it repeatedly when bored

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    09-01-15 12:51 PM
    You can see in the picture that bottom of the screen there is a part that protrudes out. That gives grip to open or close.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 04:15 PM