I went to the dos box archive.org classic game archive.

I can't play those games because I don't have arrow keys.

It kind of begs the question. Any good apps out there to use this great keyboard for gaming?
    03-11-16 08:44 PM
    I always thought BlackBerry should license Typing of the Dead from Sega and bundle it with the keyboard phones, now that there isn't the trackpad except for the Classic to bundle Brick Breaker.
    Eli Fuller likes this.
    03-11-16 09:14 PM
    I figured it out. You can download FreeBox and download DOS abandoned ware. Then run the game and you can remap the directional keys. Just be careful because remapping can screw up typing dos commands. I could create batch commands in the root to run my games. I could name those so they don't conflict with remapped arrow keys.

Anyway, the games are fun with a hardware keyboard. Map directional keys to make sense in landscape.

It's nice to be on Android! Anything is possible!
    FF22 likes this.
    03-11-16 09:35 PM
    I figured it out. You can download FreeBox and download DOS abandoned ware. Then run the game and you can remap the directional keys. Just be careful because remapping can screw up typing dos commands. I could create batch commands in the root to run my games. I could name those so they don't conflict with remapped arrow keys.

Anyway, the games are fun with a hardware keyboard. Map directional keys to make sense in landscape.

It's nice to be on Android! Anything is possible!
    Where did you find FreeBox? I know dosbox and some others. Googling did not find it - well, duckduck didn't.
    03-11-16 10:08 PM
    Type in Google Play aFreeBox.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-11-16 11:28 PM
    One thing I need to add. In order to map the hardware keyboard you need to install a 3rd party software keyboard. Switch to it temporarily and then the freebox app will register the keys. I think it has to do with the interplay between the software and hardware keyboard by BlackBerry.

Once the directional keys are mapped you can uninstall the 3rd party keyboard.
    03-13-16 10:13 PM