Unfortunately, as sad as it seems, no longer getting Facebook notifications was the final straw for me. I'm a coach and the team only uses FB to communicate, so having to get notifications in my email, clogging it up, and then go to FB to deal with them is just too inconvenient and unreliable. I have tried 3rd party apps and found them to be inconsistent at best.

My phone is my primary communication tool, calendar, and laptop. I need to be able to get through a day without worrying about the battery. I put a new battery in my Z10 and can just manage that, so that is the minimum bar that I've set. OS 10.3 seem to use up the battery faster than previous versions.

There are very few apps, other than FB and Instagram that are mandatory. I've been using BlackBerry so long that I've just gotten used to using the browser and I really don't use most of what I have.

I tend to keep phones a long time, otherwise I wouldn't even be worrying about this.
    From what I understood, you're looking for some simple Apps like FB & Instagram.. That will be found in any android device already.. So we go into other things.. Battery seems to be quite important for you.. Now the Priv has a good battery, Its 3410 mAH which is a little more than what's going around in most flagship devices... but honestly if you emphasize on long battery life.. then there are devices that champion that category.. But most of them are made to get you through one day of moderate use anyway.. That's the standard.

Your Basic needs in certain apps, calendar and the important communication tools will be found in all devices nowadays. So the deal breaker here for you.. is the keyboard.. Do you want a keyboard or not.. and from what I read, I don't think you need or want a keyboard at all xD.. I don't think it makes sense to have a device with a keyboard only not to use it in the end, unless you're a diehard BlackBerry fan.. Because the keyboard and slider feature into the phone's weight and more importantly Price.. You're paying more to have that keyboard.

Let me demonstrate for you.. Priv (192 Grams) Vs S6 (138 Gram).. That extra weight is because of the keyboard.. If you won't use it then you don't want a Priv.

The hamburg seems to be the perfect solution for you.. But that will be after a few months so I think you need a faster solution xD.. If you can consider it, the Hamburg, then that would be great.. if not, then I recommend something other than the S6 because at this point it doesn't justify its price.. I'll send you a list of android devices that are identical in terms of what you get from the S6 but has a more reasonable price.. Just tell me your Carrier so I can see what they've..
    06-28-16 12:10 PM
    I just ordered an S6 (not Edge) from my carrier and then noticed that the Priv pricing has dropped.

Should I swap the S6 for a Priv? I haven't even received it yet.

I'm coming from a 3 year old Z10, so I know anything is going to be an adjustment.

Has anyone used both of these devices? Other than the PKB, what are the pros and cons of each?

Posted via CB10
    If you are a fan of PKB and VKB then Priv is just the device for you.

 Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2876
    06-28-16 12:30 PM
    Dont think just priv it up

Red passport
    06-28-16 02:39 PM
    On paper the Samsung probably the better hardware but I don't like the Samsung UI (TouchWiz) and prefer the hybrid of Priv.
    06-28-16 03:35 PM
    I'd say Priv over the S6 even if you don't use the PKB.

1. Expandable storage on Priv
    2. Better battery life
    3. BlackBerry Hub, Productivity Edge and VKB
    4. Better voice sound quality
    5. Double tap to wake

If it was S7 / S7 Edge vs Priv, and you don't need PKB, go with Samsung and use Cobalt's BlackBerry Manager solution (and donate to him if you keep it).
    06-28-16 03:38 PM
    I'd say Priv over the S6 even if you don't use the PKB.

1. Expandable storage on Priv
    2. Better battery life
    3. BlackBerry Hub, Productivity Edge and VKB
    4. Better voice sound quality
    5. Double tap to wake

If it was S7 / S7 Edge vs Priv, and you don't need PKB, go with Samsung and use Cobalt's BlackBerry Manager solution (and donate to him if you keep it).
    I don't like the S6 myself.. The battery is no good.. 2550 mAH just doesn't cut it.. Priv has a 3410 mAH Battery.. So that's a difference..
    06-28-16 05:56 PM
    I don't like the S6 myself.. The battery is no good.. 2550 mAH just doesn't cut it.. Priv has a 3410 mAH Battery.. So that's a difference..
    The S6 was a complete DUD imho, and the fact that they're all over eBay is proof, lol. Samsung went too far in trying to copy the iPhone and the fact that they did a 180 on the S7 is proof enough as far as I'm concerned.
    06-28-16 06:13 PM
    Well, I'll have the S6 tomorrow night. I have 15 days to see if I like it

It looks like a Priv will be a fair bit more money after all. I'll give the S6 a shot and see what I think. I can always return it and pop the sim back in my Z10 while deciding what to do.

Thanks for the opinions. I guess I should have done more research before picking a phone. I talked to lots of people who have various Galaxy phones and they were all happy but none of them had the 6. The only people I know who had switched to LG said that they missed their Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-16 06:37 PM
    Give it a shake. If you're missing BlackBerry you can still try Cobalt's BlackBerry Manager solution to give you a Priv Lite experience. (Remember to donate if you like it).

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...uired-1059855/
    06-28-16 06:41 PM
    Thanks for the opinions. I guess I should have done more research before picking a phone.
    Buying a phone nowadays is one of the hardest decisions you can make.. Too many options for your own good.
    06-28-16 08:18 PM
    Have you tried asking the same question on android central lol?

I'd pick an LG V10 over any Samsung but that's my opinion.
    06-29-16 04:27 AM
    Have you tried asking the same question on android central lol?

I'd pick an LG V10 over any Samsung but that's my opinion.
    The V10 never came to Canada. My only LG options are G4 and G5 and the G5 is just just gimmick phone that I'd break. IMHO
    06-29-16 05:16 AM
    Sorry to repeat what other have mentioned, but the battery life would be the deciding factor for me.

Oh and the keyboard and the superior grip on the back. Does the back feel like the passport? Only ever felt one in store with a giant security tag stuck to the back so its not really a fair comparison.
    06-29-16 07:01 AM
    The V10 never came to Canada. My only LG options are G4 and G5 and the G5 is just just gimmick phone that I'd break. IMHO
    Yer the G5 doesn't look like a sturdy phone.

I haven't seen the V10 in the UK but I might just get one unlocked online.
    06-29-16 07:46 AM
    Hmmm.......coach you say? Keep your phones a long time you say? Get the active version of the Sammy 6. Ask anyone that has dropped their Priv. Just sayin'.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-29-16 08:11 AM
    I'm actually considering the S7 (non Edge). Only because I can upgrade both my Z10 and my son's S4 to the S7 for the price of one. Can't get that deal if I go for the Priv (have to stick with AT&T - and that's the offer they have).

The S7 now has expandable memory, so that difference is gone. Capacity ceiling is lower, but I don't see getting anything bigger than 128 GB someday anyway. I only have a 32 GB SD card now. Plus, it already has Marshmallow, which AT&T has yet to release for the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-16 08:43 AM
    Hmmm.......coach you say? Keep your phones a long time you say? Get the active version of the Sammy 6. Ask anyone that has dropped their Priv. Just sayin'.

When I'm coaching I'm in full pads and skates. The phone is in my bag. have a rule that there are no phones on the track, even in pockets.

Any phone I will get will be in a case. I can't count the number of times my Z10 has hit the shop floor.
    06-29-16 09:00 AM
    What about galaxy s7 edge?

Posted via CB10
    06-29-16 01:36 PM
    What about galaxy s7 edge?

Posted via CB10
    $300 more than the S6. Not going to happen
    06-29-16 02:30 PM
    Dual sim, any other outstanding things?

Posted via CB10
    06-29-16 03:25 PM
    Even Android Central places the Priv in their Top 5 Android phone list.

The S7 edge maybe, but an S6 is way below the features and capabilities of the Priv.

06-29-16 03:49 PM
    You're asking this question here in Crackberry. So either you really want to get a Priv or you want to hear some opinions which support your decision to go Priv.

Posted through my BlackBerry
    11-05-16 12:34 AM
47 12