Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
03-30-16 06:35 PM
132 ... 23456
tools
    does anyone think getting a skin and then using the case will avoid the damage? My case should be here soon and as careful as I am phones do sometimes end up on the ground...
    I had that same thought and it actually is probably worth a try.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 01:01 AM
    Same thing happened to my phone. I purchased it opening day and in Canada we have 14 days to return the phone which I plan on doing because this is unacceptable. I also posted on Twitter to Blackberry & Blackberry Help. I run BES 12 with 300 seats and also put in a ticket, even thou it's not related I don't care.

FYI Hardshell case damaging phone-file-2015-11-12-8-23-0g5-am.jpg
    11-12-15 07:33 AM
    How about the rest of the device. I notice the bottom corners on the case are jagged. Are those damaged too?
    11-12-15 08:46 AM
    Thanks everyone for posting on this. I pulled my rivets out with a utility knife and used some strong car vinyl to hold the buttons in. Works fine and no damage.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-12-15 08:47 AM
    Same thing happened to my phone. I purchased it opening day and in Canada we have 14 days to return the phone which I plan on doing because this is unacceptable. I also posted on Twitter to Blackberry & Blackberry Help. I run BES 12 with 300 seats and also put in a ticket, even thou it's not related I don't care.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	File 2015-11-12, 8 23 0g5 AM.jpg 
Views:	587 
Size:	221.1 KB 
ID:	380225
    They don't care. They told me that since I bought my from a retailer to contact them. I said it's not their fault, ALL of the cases are made wrong and hurting devices. They said nothing they could do. If this were Apple, you would probably see a different response. BB better start taking responsibility for their cases, because for the most part, this is all that is going to be available for a while for this phone. No one wants a $700 phone damaged by something that is supposed to protect it.
    11-12-15 08:59 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	File 2015-11-12, 8 23 0g5 AM.jpg 
Views:	587 
Size:	221.1 KB 
ID:	380225
    What am I looking at? Maybe just difficult to see using the CB app. The hole above the volume key?

My mom ordered from AT&T and also have a screen protector, shopcrackberry pouches and the hardshell just came today. I planned on just refusing it so she could get a refund. They came early and my contacts were all dried up so couldn't see and just signed thinking it was the screen protectors. It was the hard shell. Mad.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 09:13 AM
    I'm within the 14 day return policy and I will be returning and replacing my new phone today from my local Telus store. I spoke to a BES rep who had another device manager rep call me and they are aware of the defective product. I wasn't really given an answer since I'm within my 14 day return policy. They did ask me some question on how long I had the case on, if I took it off since I had the case and when I put the bottom part of the case on did it make a snapping sound. I would urge everyone who is using the Blackberry Hard Shell case to TAKE IT OFF and return your phone IF there is any damage. On the positive side I'm very happy with the PRIV and I plan on exchanging it for another one! It's a great phone all around for work and play. Don't be fooled by the negative reviews and I urge everyone who needs a new phone to pick one up! If I have anymore updates I will keep you posted. Thanks everyone!
    11-12-15 10:24 AM
    Sorry for the photo I was in a hurry. It's on both sides of the volume. The spot under the bottom volume key is the worse. It's literally a punctured hole.. Since the device has only been out for 6 days everyone can return their phone for a new one.
    11-12-15 10:26 AM
    Does the case damage the bottom of the phone at all?
    11-12-15 10:29 AM
    In anticipation of getting a new Priv tomorrow I ordered the BlackBerry hard case. After reading this thread and reports of the damage being done I don't think I want to put my new Priv in the BlackBerry hard case...:-(

Looks like I will be exploring other options...I really would prefer to have it in a case...oh well, what should I do? :-(

Bob

Posted via CB 10>Q10-SQN100-5/10.3.2.2639>Z10-STL100-3/10.3.2.2639 On AT&T
    11-12-15 11:35 AM
    In anticipation of getting a new Priv tomorrow I ordered the BlackBerry hard case. After reading this thread and reports of the damage being done I don't think I want to put my new Priv in the BlackBerry hard case...:-(

Looks like I will be exploring other options...I really would prefer to have it in a case...oh well, what should I do? :-(

Bob

There is a simple fix in this thread if you still want to use the case.
    11-12-15 11:46 AM
    There is a simple fix in this thread if you still want to use the case.
    Yup. Accidentally signed for my mom's this AM and will have to fix. I did order a leather pouch for her from shopcrackberry that's on its way so maybe it'll be naked with just that.

Not many options yet especially with the supply issue for case manufacturers. Can't believe she's getting it before me and now shopblackberry is showing Nov 30th :-(

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 11:50 AM
    Yep...I did read that thanks. Just sucks to have to modify an OEM case so it won't cause damage though.

Bob

11-12-15 11:51 AM
    Meanwhile, I have a $40 OEM, collecting dust, that I refuse to try--and switched my sim card to my Q10. I use the Priv for fun (but not really, I'd rather be productive). Still hoping the possible 'fantasy' case I ordered turns out to be real (but with further thought, wonder if I lost $10 more...will post). First ever OEM case I purchased (and most likely am burned).

Please forgive the parentheses.

It should be noted, that I am not trying to be a naysayer--I really want to support BlackBerry; hence, my purchase.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 08:01 PM
    My black passport was also damaged by the hard shell. Wasn't happy

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 09:45 PM
    My black passport was also damaged by the hard shell. Wasn't happy

Posted via CB10
    I remember this coming up in the Passport forum, but I've never had the issue. Had an OG black Passport with hardshell on for months. Dropped it and it cracked the corner of the shell, put a white hardshell on until the same happened and still no damage at all to the device. Eventually switched to the leather flex shell.

Anyway, just ordered my mom a pink Skinomi skin and a carbon fiber skin for myself which should work well with the two leather pouches from shopcrackberry that came today. Also interesting is that the Priv leather pouch looks like it has a card slot on the back for a credit card or license/ID.

For those that want some protection, but want to keep the device looking nice I'd highly recommend the Skinomi skin with the leather pouch (they also include a screen protector of higher quality). You can get a full clear skin if you so please as well.

My sister switched to an iPhone 6S and it's in an Otterbox and looks horrific. Such a small battery, etc. to make the device thin then she throws that on it ehhh.

The flip case looks cool and functions pretty neat, but as much as I'd want that, I think the coolness would wear off pretty fast and don't feel like having my phone wrapped up. Showing off the beautifully curved 5.4" screen :-)

...I may try to pull the pegs out of the hardshell if that's the issue. Haven't looked at it and I definitely won't be using it for now.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 12:00 AM
    FYI Hardshell case damaging phone-img_20151112_195630.jpg
    Perhaps off topic but I bought this pouch off Ebay - $7

The SD card is from B&H photo. My Priv is preordered...

SQW 100-4 / 10.3.2.2789
    11-13-15 12:16 AM
    Did BlackBerry do anything for you? I have the same issue, holes on both sides...wondering if they'd compensate in any way.
    11-29-15 11:32 AM
    No, BlackBerry doesn't acknowledge the problem. They told me to send it back to the retailer for a refund. Told them it was their case that is the problem. They offered no solutions.
    11-29-15 03:07 PM
    Damn, alright. I went to Bell today and they told me I have to wait until blackberry issues a recall, then they can send it out for repairs. Not gonna wait though, going to escalate this tomorrow.
    11-30-15 09:42 PM
    Guys, I agree that it's those hard plastic "circles" that hold the rubber buttons that's causing the issues. But you know what will happen when you go naked with the phone.... one drop and that's it! Any damage caused by those "circles' will be minuscule in comparison to the damage caused by the Priv hitting the ground unprotected.

I'm actually using my case and checking it every now and then and I don't have problems. I first carefully pulled the rubber buttons off of the "circles" that were intended to hold them on. Then I removed the circles with an x-acto blade and shaved that area flat with it's surrounding plastic. Then, I simply placed the buttons back in their holes and put the phone in it's case.... problem fixed! Buttons work just fine, plastic case is snug with no circles to cause indentations in the plastic. That's how it should have been designed in the first place! I've owned one or two cases for other phones where the design had the buttons included, but not hard assembled to the case. This Priv case works the same once the buttons are removed from their "circles", simply because the nubs on the buttons fit precisely in their slots and there is still portions of the button being held under the case that hold it firmly in place.

Give it a try.... better than dropping your phone either naked or with a silicon cover that doesn't give your screen a chance to survive the fall to the ground.
    11-30-15 10:26 PM
    12-16-15 09:46 PM
    Thanks for telling us. Check out my post about filing for a class action law suit.

I modded my case with a bunch of micro fibre and foam stuff. Hopefully it does the job.

Attached Thumbnails FYI Hardshell case damaging phone-9374.jpg  
    12-16-15 10:11 PM
    I'm not sure if people actually took the time to read before posting. I bought two PRIV phones and two hard shell cases and never had this issue because I fixed the problem with a sharp blade taken of a sharpener lol the whole process took 60 seconds on each case. All what I had to do is to remove the 4 small black circles from the each case and that is it. Yes, I agree the case has a real problem and that is simply the fix. No need for tapes or anything else. Just use a sharp object and cut the small black circles from the case.

Attached Thumbnails FYI Hardshell case damaging phone-537.jpg  
    Ti-Mike likes this.
    12-16-15 10:23 PM
    I'm not sure if people actually took the time to read before posting. I bought two PRIV phones and two hard shell cases and never had this issue because I fixed the problem with a sharp blade taken of a sharpener lol the whole process took 60 seconds on each case. All what I had to do is to remove the 4 small black circles from the each case and that is it. Yes, I agree the case has a real problem and that is simply the fix. No need for tapes or anything else. Just use a sharp object and cut the small black circles from the case.

But you don't understand the principle behind the concept of manufacturers liability. Blackberry made a case that does not protect the phone. We spent $60 for two pieces of plastic, then we need to mod it. And you are ok with that?!

12-16-15 10:49 PM
132 ... 23456