Yay, so the only real case we have and it's ruining the phone.
    11-09-15 06:50 PM
    I have the flip case, but not the phone and think it is also going to scratch the phone. Point is that a hard surface touching a hard surface is going to do that regardless of how well it fits. I will likely return my flip and get the pocket which is truly only soft surfaces touching the phone. Wish BB would make a leather case like Apple has for the iPhone, it's truly a great OEM case.
    Dammit, and now I actually like my poorly built Z30 otterbox.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 06:58 PM
    Never liked the hard shell case anyway. It comes off as tacky but thanks for the heads up.

 вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵαssρσяτ SE via CB10 (AT&T OS 10.3.2.2474)
    11-09-15 07:20 PM
    Can someone report this to blackberry?
    11-09-15 09:24 PM
    I have sent them photos via Twitter. I will report what they say in response.
    John Doe99 likes this.
    11-09-15 09:47 PM
    The hardshell is why I started going naked with my Passport and now my Priv. At most, leather holster and BlackBerry Care Protection Plan haha.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-09-15 09:53 PM
    Thanks for the heads up. I was planning on using the hard shell for my priv. I guess I will just stick with it being naked and a leather holster.
    11-09-15 10:34 PM
    Got the same OEM hard shell for PP. But I hate the protruding corners so I replaced it with the transparent capdase one. I dont see any corner damages from the clear one but Im sure there are sides scratches as it is very tight.
    11-09-15 10:53 PM
    I had to remove my hard shell case today for the screen protector installation, I didn't notice anything wrong. Now I'm wondering if I should check again, but I don't like removing the case over and over because it can get loosened and potentially scratch the device.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 12:03 AM
    This breaks my heart! I was looking forward to added protection--not damage...

Guess I blew $40 for nothing...and bloomin' case hasn't even arrived.

I appreciate the heads up.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 12:15 AM
    does anyone think getting a skin and then using the case will avoid the damage? My case should be here soon and as careful as I am phones do sometimes end up on the ground...
    11-10-15 12:36 AM
    I'm wondering the same. Really bummed about this; but I suppose not quite as much as OP with the damaged device. This bites! 😢

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 12:41 AM
    This breaks my heart! I was looking forward to added protection--not damage...

Guess I blew $40 for nothing...and bloomin' case hasn't even arrived.

I appreciate the heads up.

Posted via CB10
    There are plastic tabs that hold the buttons on, try filing them down or covering with a thin piece of felt or fabric. I would guess the next run of cases will have this..

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 12:55 AM
    I'm with the leather holster and keeping the phone naked.
    Yeah I'm thinking I may go back to rocking a holster like they old days... The Holster is the only case Rogers had in store but I passed on it waiting for the leather flip...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-10-15 01:35 AM
    There are plastic tabs that hold the buttons on, try filing them down or covering with a thin piece of felt or fabric. I would guess the next run of cases will have this..

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the suggestion. I was thinking maybe a bit of fabric medical tape might do the trick, but won't know more until the case arrives.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 06:04 AM
    that looks painful OP, my OG black passport did not have that occur on me though...
    11-10-15 11:04 AM
    Just to update, I contacted Blackberry Support and they don't seem too concerned. My first case was purchased through an Amazon so they said I should contact them about a replacement. I told them, I don't want a replacement. I said that it was their OEM case that damaged the phone because of the way it is built and I do not want another. At the very least, I would like a holster or another case that WON'T damage the phone.

Not very happy with their response. A defective design is not a retailers problem. The actual maker should fix the issue on something like this. This response is akin to suing individual VW dealerships that sold the defective cars. Considering I bought 2 privs and 2 hardshells, I should at least get something that won't damage my phone.
    11-10-15 11:14 AM
    That is brutal! I would have been unbelievably pissed if I paid $800 for a device only to have an official case do that to it.

Just to update, I contacted Blackberry Support and they don't seem too concerned. My first case was purchased through an Amazon so they said I should contact them about a replacement. I told them, I don't want a replacement. I said that it was their OEM case that damaged the phone because of the way it is built and I do not want another. At the very least, I would like a holster or another case that WON'T damage the phone.

Not very happy with their response. A defective design is not a retailers problem. The actual maker should fix the issue on something like this. This response is akin to suing individual VW dealerships that sold the defective cars. Considering I bought 2 privs and 2 hardshells, I should at least get something that won't damage my phone.
    Welcome to the world of BlackBerry support. I'd suggest you return the case to Amazon and return the phone to Shop BlackBerry. Order a new phone and get a different case. You're very unlikely to get anywhere otherwise.
    11-10-15 11:26 AM
    Dammit! I just took my hard shell case off my phone and I have one of the circles forming near my volume rocker. It looks like the way the case is put together, it leaves the impression on the phone. Welp, it has to go.
    11-10-15 11:31 AM
    That is brutal! I would have been unbelievably pissed if I paid $800 for a device only to have an official case do that to it.

Welcome to the world of BlackBerry support. I'd suggest you return the case to Amazon and return the phone to Shop BlackBerry. Order a new phone and get a different case. You're very unlikely to get anywhere otherwise.
    the problem is there are no other cases.
    11-10-15 11:34 AM
    the problem is there are no other cases.
    Frankly speaking, it's better to use a sleeve than to use a case that damages your phone. As a DIY solution, it looks like some screws/rivets are digging into the side of the device. If you have a fine file, perhaps you can file down the protruding screws/rivets and solve the problem. I would still get the phone replaced. The damage would have my OCD going bonkers.
    11-10-15 12:41 PM
    Thanks for the heads up OP,now I know I won't using the hardshell!

PassportSQW100-1/Lollipop.5.1.1.BB
    11-10-15 12:43 PM
    Frankly speaking, it's better to use a sleeve than to use a case that damages your phone. As a DIY solution, it looks like some screws/rivets are digging into the side of the device. If you have a fine file, perhaps you can file down the protruding screws/rivets and solve the problem. I would still get the phone replaced. The damage would have my OCD going bonkers.
    I curshed them down with a screw driver for now. I might just remove them and crazy glue the flaps down.
    11-10-15 12:46 PM
    I unfortunately ordered the hardshell case but read this before installing it. I went ahead and ordered the OEM leather pocket as my alternative.
    11-10-15 12:47 PM
    I still don't see pictures for the Priv damage. Why is this under the Priv if only picture i see is on the PP. and that green case don't look like a BB one. I recall using the Hard Shell fine with my PP.
    11-10-15 12:47 PM
132 1234 ...