08-28-15 12:18 PM
34 12
tools
    I'm all about them physical keys dem sweet sweet physical keys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    08-23-15 12:13 AM
    Funny how the title may seems to generalize the Naysayer of leaving BlackBerry because of them going with Android option. As for me, a Naysayer, won't be leaving BlackBerry when the Slider comes. I won't be buying the latest of what they can offer as long as they don't offer enough support for their BB10 OS. I admit, it is a necessity now for me to have the hub,the blazing email, the seamless file transfer, but I can do it from older BB10 devices. There's nothing more for me to expect from BB10, as some may call it "matured" already.

BlackBerry will start to offer BB10 apps for cross platform and until it finally become stable, that's the time I will be leaving BlackBerry IF they don't provide any future for BB10 os. It maybe the best OS out there, but because the its market share where so small BlackBerry now is talking consideration for another OS option. It's such a shame really to think how BB10 will run its course along with Android it won't die easily, but if BlackBerry will let the poor OS stagnate, it will soon die at least for the consumer market. I can be hopeful about it, but as long as BlackBerry can't promise its own OS future, I will not be willing to provide support from purchasing their new devices. It just doesn't make sense at all to continue supporting them if they stopped supporting the bridge between them and their customers.

It has been 3 quarters of waiting for the Slider to arrive and to realize that the OS behind what made me a fan of BlackBerry has been stopped for development is just disappointing. For this reason, I am forced to move to another platform. I have been with Android and I tell you the battery is more disappointing like with Samsung Note 3. Took just the same time with my Z10 to deplete the battery and that's because of TouchWiz (been experimenting with themes, turns out the more the vanilla Android is, the better battery you get out from it) because unlike BB10, Android is not optimize with the device and that's the reason why Android phones strives to have better specs in order to gain more fluidity in their device. So I'm actually left with iPhone. I'm not the type who goes on with trends and I hate how apple is locking you to their ecosystem, but BlackBerry pushes me to make this decision. At least if I would change platforms, I would go to the OS with better app qualities. Of course given that Blackberry Productivity Suite is available in itunes by that time.
    08-23-15 07:45 AM
    I am concerned about the 5.4in screen as well. As it means a ~3in wide phone. I have a z3c and Passport combo for my daily drivers. But this Slider has me really excited and if they can keep it to about z30 dimensions with the curved screen, then ok.

Wish they would get it out asap, but agree need to stay away from the Apple hype machine.

For all those who say they are going Apple...I have an iphone 6. It is absolutely terrible. IOS is for sure the worst UX out there at this point and I would endure Google any day to stay away from it. I have tried several times to make the switch to iOS for many reasons. But using that phone is torture - can't do it.

Posted via CB10
    For me I tried the switch to android and found it failed to live up to the hype. I will say that it is possible the hardware I bought from Sony maybe was a problem but android as a whole just isn't the smartest done OS out there.

iOS meanwhile is smooth and clean much like BlackBerry and while the hub isn't there and widgets aren't there the functionality of the apps which seem more refined when presented and used on iOS. The only real lacking is the Hub fo me and the keyboard which on android at least I could change.

Posted via CB10
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    08-24-15 04:02 PM
    Ron,
    They are suppose to release it on November 15-16. I think the launch will be on time or sooner. November 6-7 would be even better.

Yes, it does matter what people think. BlackBerry does not need any more people folding.

Posted via CB10
    Why then? Or later or sooner... if BlackBerry keeps up the marketingstrategie as they did in the past... it doesn't matter when the phone will be released... it will be a flop.. even with Android!

I currently use a Sony z3c and a note 4 but I'm patiently waiting for this slider. The keyboard is the biggest selling point for me. I'm tired of having to turn on my computer just to type up lengthy messages, the slider would fix that. Plus I use to own Palm treos and I loved the hell out of those phones.
    Then buy the Classic...

And yes I am a naysayer... i'll keep my Classic till it is broken and beyond repair.. and when there is no other option then to buy a " BlackBerry " Android ( a Android phone with "BlackBerry BB10 " skin is just another Android phone with lags and spyware and battery drain,freezing and lags.. did I mentioned lags yet? )... then I leave BlackBerry.
    Maybe then I'll buy a Nokia 3310.

Posted via my awesome Classic
    08-24-15 04:47 PM
    Why then? Or later or sooner... if BlackBerry keeps up the marketingstrategie as they did in the past... it doesn't matter when the phone will be released... it will be a flop.. even with Android!

Then buy the Classic...

And yes I am a naysayer... i'll keep my Classic till it is broken and beyond repair.. and when there is no other option then to buy a " BlackBerry " Android ( a Android phone with "BlackBerry BB10 " skin is just another Android phone with lags and spyware and battery drain,freezing and lags.. did I mentioned lags yet? )... then I leave BlackBerry.
    Maybe then I'll buy a Nokia 3310.

I thought about the classic but I need android. Also, I think people exaggerate the whole freezing and lagging. Does it lag? From time to time but not as often as people make it out to be.

08-24-15 04:59 PM
    I thought about the classic but I need android. Also, I think people exaggerate the whole freezing and lagging. Does it lag? From time to time but not as often as people make it out to be.

Before my BlackBerry Classic I have had numerous Android device's... and yes they lag and freeze. So I know what i'm speaking of. A BB10 device ( at least mine) doesn't lag or freeze. And you say from time to time... that is one time to much for me.
    Funny how BlackBerry users will exept lag and freezing and battery drain for more apps. But after some time of use.. they will come around and want to go back to BB10.

08-25-15 02:25 AM
    Before my BlackBerry Classic I have had numerous Android device's... and yes they lag and freeze. So I know what i'm speaking of. A BB10 device ( at least mine) doesn't lag or freeze. And you say from time to time... that is one time to much for me.
    Funny how BlackBerry users will exept lag and freezing and battery drain for more apps. But after some time of use.. they will come around and want to go back to BB10.

Okie dokie

08-25-15 07:54 AM

I'm guessing there are models that don't lag as much(like the nexus phones) but every transition from month two of my Z2 ownership has been laggy. It started as minor just slow transitions but now they are legit hiccups. Like the swift key keyboard that I love so much on it started slowing down the other day while I was typing on the screen(i only use it as a YouTube player), then eventually it lagged so much the keyboard shut off.

It came back on a minute later and all was well but that's not a good ownership experience for me.

When I go between apps on it or too the homepage now there is a major lag as well with each part of the screen loading separately one after the other. Background first, weather widget(stock), email widget, then app buttons.

Love widgets but they do seem to have an effect after a while.

Again this may be because of the adaptation that Sony has on my phone, I don't have basic android but a lot of my friends have the same issues regardless of brand. Nexus seems to be the exception.

I dread the day that Sony becomes my main phone Again but I know one day my Z10 will say no more!

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    08-28-15 10:13 AM
    I think the Nexus phone demonstrate what Android phones should and can be like. If BB uses those phones as their benchmark, they can make a very good quality phone.

Let's see if that is what they actually do. I think the potential is there for a high quality business oriented Android powered phone.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    08-28-15 12:18 PM
34 12