Look back and see all the Naysayers.

"I will leave BlackBerry if the Slider has an Android OS"

With little or no knowledge of what BlackBerry and JC had in the works.

People were divided.

Let's the see the hole cards before we decide to check, call or raise on pre flop (pre-launch).

Leaving before seeing (or hearing) what BlackBerry has to offer is like folding without seeing your hole cards or the flop.

Would love to be in a game with a few Naysayers and how they think.

LMAO
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 08-18-15 at 04:57 AM.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    08-18-15 04:39 AM
    Moderator: please correct title to "Naysayers" plural

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 04:42 AM
    For me I peeked at my first card. It was the 5.4" screen. So since I don't play those cards I most likely will fold unless my second card is a suited ace.

I don't play those cards because of the size not because of quality (value).

Since I have a big stack. New PC, 9900, Z10 and ATT Classic. No reason for me to go all in.
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 08-18-15 at 05:22 AM.
    08-18-15 04:56 AM
    I don't think it matters what folks think about an Android based device, the real issue is when is it going to become reality???

If they are indeed going to manufacture such a device, then release it ASAP!!! Apple and Samsung are both releasing new products this year and it would be in Blackberry's best interest to get the new device to market. Just my two cents.
    08-18-15 05:10 AM
    I don't think it matters what folks think about an Android based device, the real issue is when is it going to become reality???

If they are indeed going to manufacture such a device, then release it ASAP!!! Apple and Samsung are both releasing new products this year and it would be in Blackberry's best interest to get the new device to market. Just my two cents.
    Ron,
    They are suppose to release it on November 15-16. I think the launch will be on time or sooner. November 6-7 would be even better.

Yes, it does matter what people think. BlackBerry does not need any more people folding.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 05:16 AM
    I haven't been a naysayer. I'm more of a "wait and see".

It's that curved screen edge that I'm more concerned about. I'm very much a full-touch person, but I'd give the slider a chance having used a Torch before.

Still - that curved screen edge...

Looks cool.

Practical every day usage, however, remains to be seen.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 09:35 AM
    I haven't been a naysayer. I'm more of a "wait and see".

It's that curved screen edge that I'm more concerned about. I'm very much a full-touch person, but I'd give the slider a chance having used a Torch before.

Still - that curved screen edge...

Looks cool.

Practical every day usage, however, remains to be seen.

Posted via CB10
    +1

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 10:40 AM
    Ron,
    They are suppose to release it on November 15-16. I think the launch will be on time or sooner. November 6-7 would be even better.

Yes, it does matter what people think. BlackBerry does not need any more people folding.

Posted via CB10
    I appreciate the feedback and I am not folding, I have just seen so many folks just abandon the brand lately. I keep telling them a new Android based product might be released real soon.

Their response is always the same "yeah right". It's hard to preach a product that has no advertising and/or promotion from the company who manufactured it. Oh well, now it's the wait and see mode.
    08-18-15 03:31 PM
    For me I'm also anticipating what the true route is. I would love to continue with bb10, sometimes it's annoying stuff won't work because of GPS but overall I don't use my phone for games.

If BlackBerry can make an android that lives up to their name on privacy and security for the consumer in the same level as bb10, and they put a skin on it to have the same feel as bb10 than I would consider it if bb10 gets left to fade out.. (but if it's just another android I will stick with bb10 until the end than back to iPhone I think)

But if the next android runtime update makes apps run flawlessly then I could live without GPS I think. Too many android apps on my z30 are still really jittery.

For me I wasn't sure about 5.4" but what's another .4"
    Love the rumoured specs otherwise tho, 18mp and 5mp camera I can't wait for..

I'm waiting for all 5 cards before I decide which way I will go

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 06:00 PM
    I appreciate the feedback and I am not folding, I have just seen so many folks just abandon the brand lately. I keep telling them a new Android based product might be released real soon.
    We're only weeks away from the annual "ZOMG the new iPhone!!!" season. I think BB is wise to stay clear of Sept and early Oct.

November seems like the smart move, doesn't it?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    midnightdoom, Mr4aces and jope28 like this.
    08-18-15 06:16 PM
    Still the slider will be there with BB 10. Still saying that because John Chen told this , and he also told the reporter from NBC Today? that he also will close the app gap. . My thinking is BB10 will be there, my other thinking it will be BB10 with better android apps support and some kind of Android UI look and don't mess up with gesture and active frames and the HUB BlackBerry
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-18-15 06:26 PM
    Still the slider will be there with BB 10. Still saying that because John Chen told this , and he also told the reporter from NBC Today? that he also will close the app gap. . My thinking is BB10 will be there, my other thinking it will be BB10 with better android apps support and some kind of Android UI look and don't mess up with gesture and active frames and the HUB BlackBerry
    He never said that BB10 is coming to Slider.

Produce proof or stop saying it.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 06:28 PM
    Closing the app gap could also mean actually going android. I hope you are right though.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 06:31 PM
    I have a stack of BlackBerrys so just because I fold on the Slider don't mean I will quit playing.

The Slider will be good for people that want pablets. I'm just not one of them.

As others if the OS being dealt is the same or similar game I will keep playing. But if it changes and I don't think I can win. I will count my chips and see if I should leave or go to a different table.

It is quite common to change decks when your luck is bad and the cards are not being dealt to you.

Posted via CB10
    BoldPreza likes this.
    08-18-15 07:00 PM
    "Whatsever" floats your boat, man.

Posted via C5303
    08-18-15 07:41 PM
    Leaving before seeing. I understand why people will leave. What can BlackBerry offer that say samsung can't. They're the king of android they will have the best specs. The s6 is more powerful than my xperia z4 tablet with the 810 processor, the slider will probably have that or the 808 and the s6 is still more powerful for probably the same price as well.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 01:33 AM
    November seems like the smart move, doesn't it?
    So January then?

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 01:34 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1034470

Looks like we will have a choice. :-D

Naysayers can say "nay",
    Ayesayers can go "Oh yeah!"

Chendroid Slider + BB10-Zlider

�   BB10 -- Finger flickin' good... in any form factor!   �
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-19-15 06:12 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1034470

Looks like we will have a choice. :-D

Naysayers can say "nay",
    Ayesayers can go "Oh yeah!"

Chendroid Slider + BB10-Zlider

�   BB10 -- Finger flickin' good... in any form factor!   �
    Hopefully he makes the right chenges lol

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 11:39 AM
    I'm one of the naysayers. I stand by it. I'm willing to put up with the eccentricities of BlackBerry 10 but if another OS is mandatory for me it's iOS for me going forward.

Tried android and hated it. The app selection was decent but they were never as smooth as what was offered on Apple products and the OS became laggy which seems to be common in a lot of other Android Products.

Posted via CB10
    Coachbulldog and Mr4aces like this.
    08-19-15 07:28 PM
    I'm one of the naysayers. I stand by it. I'm willing to put up with the eccentricities of BlackBerry 10 but if another OS is mandatory for me it's iOS for me going forward.

Tried android and hated it. The app selection was decent but they were never as smooth as what was offered on Apple products and the OS became laggy which seems to be common in a lot of other Android Products.

Posted via CB10
    Oh, most of us love the BBOS but will our opinion change? Who knows at this point. And if we lose the Hub and the way the phone functions, there will be people folding.
    08-20-15 08:55 PM

Their response is always the same "yeah right". It's hard to preach a product that has no advertising and/or promotion from the company who manufactured it. Oh well, now it's the wait and see mode.
    If they want an Android based device, they should buy a OnePlus 2 or Moto X Style Pure. Both of those phones run cleaner Android with arguably better specs than the Slider at prices that are much likely hundreds of dollars lower.

BlackBerry needs their own platform to differentiate. Fire the current CEO and restart developer relations with a Qt5.6 version of BB10. Add in some cool Blendy stuff and distributed computing stuff that helps with productivity and isn't possible on other platforms. Pay for 20 or 30 or so "killer apps" unique to the BB10 platform and incentivize BB10 devs to bring cross-platform apps to BB10. Build a device that is at least partially crowdfunded and sell licenses so people can run BB10 on their cheaper OnePlus and Huwai hardware.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 02:07 PM
    If they want an Android based device, they should buy a OnePlus 2 or Moto X Style Pure. Both of those phones run cleaner Android with arguably better specs than the Slider at prices that are much likely hundreds of dollars lower.

BlackBerry needs their own platform to differentiate. Fire the current CEO and restart developer relations with a Qt5.6 version of BB10. Add in some cool Blendy stuff and distributed computing stuff that helps with productivity and isn't possible on other platforms. Pay for 20 or 30 or so "killer apps" unique to the BB10 platform and incentivize BB10 devs to bring cross-platform apps to BB10. Build a device that is at least partially crowdfunded and sell licenses so people can run BB10 on their cheaper OnePlus and Huwai hardware.

Posted via CB10
    I had a OPO (great phone for the price) which I sold. I currently use a Sony z3c and a note 4 but I'm patiently waiting for this slider. The keyboard is the biggest selling point for me. I'm tired of having to turn on my computer just to type up lengthy messages, the slider would fix that. Plus I use to own Palm treos and I loved the hell out of those phones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    08-22-15 06:26 AM
    I am concerned about the 5.4in screen as well. As it means a ~3in wide phone. I have a z3c and Passport combo for my daily drivers. But this Slider has me really excited and if they can keep it to about z30 dimensions with the curved screen, then ok.

Wish they would get it out asap, but agree need to stay away from the Apple hype machine.

For all those who say they are going Apple...I have an iphone 6. It is absolutely terrible. IOS is for sure the worst UX out there at this point and I would endure Google any day to stay away from it. I have tried several times to make the switch to iOS for many reasons. But using that phone is torture - can't do it.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 06:36 AM
    I'm down for the Venice no matter what OS it has. I've been wanting a slider forever.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk!
    MO3iusONE and MarsupilamiX like this.
    08-22-15 07:30 AM
34 12