My main storage keeps filling up on my PRIV. I analyzed the files using Cx File Explorer and I can only get it down to 30 GB out of 32 GB. Somehow I'm not seeing the majority of the files (operating system, apps etc) that filling up the memory. Any advice on freeing up memory? (I do have an SD card with a lot of storage space, but I don't know if I can move some files from the Main storage to the SD card. Thanks!
    01-04-21 04:42 PM
    My main storage keeps filling up on my PRIV. I analyzed the files using Cx File Explorer and I can only get it down to 30 GB out of 32 GB. Somehow I'm not seeing the majority of the files (operating system, apps etc) that filling up the memory. Any advice on freeing up memory? (I do have an SD card with a lot of storage space, but I don't know if I can move some files from the Main storage to the SD card. Thanks!
    You can only move media to the SD card.

Perhaps it's time for a factory reset if you haven't done one in several months.
    01-04-21 05:33 PM
    Interesting. I've never done a factory reset. I'm concerned about what I would lose (data, time, settings) and what would need to be re-set up. But I my email is backed up on various servers, my photos are backed up. I'd just need to make a list of the Aps I've installed and some key settings.
    01-04-21 05:56 PM
    Interesting. I've never done a factory reset. I'm concerned about what I would lose (data, time, settings) and what would need to be re-set up. But I my email is backed up on various servers, my photos are backed up. I'd just need to make a list of the Aps I've installed and some key settings.
    You would lose absolutely everything that's stored locally (contacts, calendar etc would be saved if that stuff is being synced to your Google account).

So if you go that route, make sure everything you care about is backed up first.

But clearing the cache should be enough to keep it running okay.
    01-04-21 06:10 PM
    Photo and Documents should all be stored on the SD card (and backed up with cloud services).

Can clear the device cache that should free up space as well as cache for apps like Browser and Email.

SMS and Email messages take up space.... not a lot, but over time. Most email should only be synced for 30 days. SMS, you don't want to be dealing with 10's of thousands of messages.
    01-05-21 09:53 AM