Was playing around in settings and found this update. Why can't I update without connecting to Wi-Fi as I have no network and unlimited data package? Is this update something I need?

How about browsing Web while talking on phone has Verizon fixed this for the Priv?

Posted via CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    Attached Thumbnails found an update for my Verizon Priv-18839.jpg  
    05-30-16 06:43 AM
    Hi op as your issue i think activated advance calling in setting if I recall correctly, hope other verizon user will chime in ,F2 where are you!! Lol
    05-30-16 06:52 AM
    If you go into your Settings and About Phone, what is your current security Patch month?
    FF22 likes this.
    05-30-16 09:26 AM
    Hi op as your issue i think activated advance calling in setting if I recall correctly, hope other verizon user will chime in ,F2 where are you!! Lol
    Yes, usman, you are correct. OP, you have to have HD voice enabled on your phone. You can either call Verizon to do it or you can enable it through the My Verizon app. No charge. If you already have it, go to system settings / advanced calling and see if it is turned on.
    FF22 and Uzi like this.
    05-30-16 09:55 AM
    Darn, can't even sleep in to 6am.

I believe you are correct - it has been a while. You have to turn on HD or Advanced Calling or whatever on their website. Although, frankly, I'm not sure that I ever checked to see if talking and browsing at the same time worked.

As for any update, well, I seem to the at the bottom of their list. I just checked and don't see any.
    Uzi likes this.
    05-30-16 09:57 AM
    Darn, can't even sleep in to 6am.

I believe you are correct - it has been a while. You have to turn on HD or Advanced Calling or whatever on their website. Although, frankly, I'm not sure that I ever checked to see if talking and browsing at the same time worked.

As for any update, well, I seem to the at the bottom of their list. I just checked and don't see any.
    It works very well. 👌
    FF22 likes this.
    05-30-16 10:13 AM
    You can actually do this from your phone directly - that's what I did. Settings > Advanced calling (its's the fourth option down) > Activate Advanced Calling
    05-30-16 11:33 AM
    You can actually do this from your phone directly - that's what I did. Settings > Advanced calling (its's the fourth option down) > Activate Advanced Calling
    True, but you still have to have HD calling activated through Verizon first.
    05-30-16 01:06 PM
    True, but you still have to have HD calling activated through Verizon first.
    Thanks - I guess I had it enabled and didn't realize it \_(ツ)_/

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-30-16 05:33 PM
    Feb 1st 2016

Can I update without Wi-Fi?

If you go into your Settings and About Phone, what is your current security Patch month?
    05-30-16 09:45 PM
    Thanks

Yes, usman, you are correct. OP, you have to have HD voice enabled on your phone. You can either call Verizon to do it or you can enable it through the My Verizon app. No charge. If you already have it, go to system settings / advanced calling and see if it is turned on.
    05-30-16 09:47 PM
    Just updated. Says May 1st

Thanks everyone.

FF22 likes this.
    05-30-16 10:30 PM
    Thanks for the valuable information. I greatly appreciate it.

05-30-16 10:43 PM
    Thanks - I guess I had it enabled and didn't realize it \_(ツ)_/

TWSS
    05-30-16 11:10 PM