Hi. A friend of mine needs to forward text messages from her dying Z10 to her work phone, which is a PRIV. Anyone know of an app on BB10 that will forward texts? She can forward phone calls, but the last piece of the puzzle are her texts. Thanks for your help.
    04-14-18 09:25 PM
    Hi. A friend of mine needs to forward text messages from her dying Z10 to her work phone, which is a PRIV. Anyone know of an app on BB10 that will forward texts? She can forward phone calls, but the last piece of the puzzle are her texts. Thanks for your help.
    First off, I also use a Z10
    Secondly, I have a solution, but it may or may not work. if you are running on windows 7 or 8, there is a 99% chance that this method will work. However, if you run on windows 10, there is a 50/50 chance that this app will install. It's a desktop application called "Blackberry link ". Once you have the application, just plug your phone into your device and back up text messages only. (just to safe) back up the priv as well, but for the priv, do a full backup. Restore the backup of text messages on your privacy and see if that works. If it doesn't work (which it should) then just restore the backup of the priv that you already did. Another method could be to copy the text messages onto a micro SD card, but that's risky and very unreliable. If you have any questions, just quote me. Good luck!
    04-14-18 10:50 PM
    content transfer is the app.

I don't remember if it has a number of sms limitation but it works ok.

regards
    04-15-18 04:43 AM
    Hi. Thanks for the suggestions but I am looking for a way in which, when a new text is sent to her phone number, it automatically forwards to her work PRIV phone instead - much like "call forwarding" works.
    04-15-18 06:01 AM
    She wants to buy a new phone but since she doesn't have the money, we thought she could "buy" herself some time by forwarding calls and texts to her PRIV. This way she doesn't have to "abandon" her current phone number and people will be calling her not realizing she is on a different phone (for now).
    04-15-18 06:03 AM
    I am not sure how well either app works, but she might try Digits if a T-Mobile customer or the Verizon Messaging app.
    04-22-18 03:47 PM