I for one have been eagerly following the Slider, Venice and/or Priv or whatever they are going to call this new Android based device. What I would really like to see is some kind of an official announcement from Blackberry themselves instead of all these leaks and second hand data from outside sources.

This phone could be a game changer for the company and as I have said in many of my post, I sure hope they don't drag their feet on this one, I hear everyone say patience, but in this fast moving market, it's the early bird thats gets the worm, period.
    09-24-15 07:17 AM
    I for one have been eagerly following the Slider, Venice and/or Priv or whatever they are going to call this new Android based device. What I would really like to see is some kind of an official announcement from Blackberry themselves instead of all these leaks and second hand data from outside sources.

This phone could be a game changer for the company and as I have said in many of my post, I sure hope they don't drag their feet on this one, I hear everyone say patience, but in this fast moving market, it's the early bird thats gets the worm, period.
    I think the worms are all gone as it's past noon now... looking back its probable what they should have done five years ago, so yeah it late.

But what they need to do is have the software PERFECT, and if that means another two months or more I'd rather they take their time (they did say Nov), than release something that is still in beta form like BB10 was at launch or worse like BBM crossplatfrom was at launch. Plus they said Nov, so why expect it sooner?
    09-24-15 07:27 AM
    I think the worms are all gone as it's past noon now... looking back its probable what they should have done five years ago, so yeah it late.

But what they need to do is have the software PERFECT, and if that means another two months or more I'd rather they take their time (they did say Nov), than release something that is still in beta form like BB10 was at launch or worse like BBM crossplatfrom was at launch. Plus they said Nov, so why expect it sooner?
    Android five years ago was a disaster. Bbos was still better. BlackBerry 10 is still better, but with lack of support and sales we know how the story goes.

Worm's not gone either, people change phones every 2 years or less. If BlackBerry wants the worm it's going to be about marketing and convincing moronic representatives to sell the damn thing
    09-24-15 07:42 AM
    they have to wait for the qtr numbers to be released so anytime after friday morning is game for announcement i think
    bakron1 and ayngling like this.
    09-24-15 07:45 AM
    they have to wait for the qtr numbers to be released so anytime after friday morning is game for announcement i think
    I think this is totally correct following the news blackout that precedes any earnings release. Mr.Chen will be fielding some very pointed questions about the Priv and the future of BB10 at the Q and A following the release tomorrow pre-market.
    09-24-15 11:02 AM
    I hope Chen gets hammered about the stupid name! If he doesn't refute it and offers the real official name, then he deserves to get hammered.
    WT44 and ayngling like this.
    09-24-15 11:46 AM
    I hope Chen gets hammered about the stupid name! If he doesn't refute it and offers the real official name, then he deserves to get hammered.
    i think we should worry about the phone getting announced first, hen worry about the name. but ffs, that name needs to be changed.....
    09-24-15 11:50 AM
    at least we will get to hear the correct pronunciation (possibly)
    09-24-15 11:51 AM
    NTwo more months in no way ensures that the software will be perfect. It will be version 1.0 whenever it is released. Any delay will almost certainly be a result of component shortages. Those can be killer for small volume manufacturers and there is that crazy screen that probably can only be made by a couple of suppliers
    09-24-15 11:55 AM
    Five years ago might have been a good time to buy webOS which needed some development but was a great foundation. Android was a joke and there was time to get into the app race.

KAM

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 06:17 PM
    What I would really like to see is some kind of an official announcement from Blackberry themselves instead of all these leaks and second hand data from outside sources.

About five months ago . . .

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/04/27/how-b...art-again.html

"I'm not at liberty to tell you what we're doing beyond the Amazon apps, but we're working hard at it something [is] brewing," Chen said in an interview with CNBC's "Fast Money Halftime Report.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 12:26 AM
    Interesting that ShopBB's current 40% off promo ends Sep 28th. Google's event is Sep 29th. Android for Work / BlackBerry anouncement ahead?

Might be reaching a bit though since the discount now is focused on accessories, rather than devices.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 12:55 AM
    Shhhh. Chen really makes it a Top Secret for this one. He'll surprise us with a Slider phone on November. I say you guys all be ready.
    09-25-15 01:35 AM