Hi there,

my priv to sometimes switches to a black screen where only a small part of the screen shows a clock+notifications.
    When rotating the phone the black screen disappears after a while and the screen comes back.

es i have a flip cover but mine has no window, also i have no idea what exactly triggers this "small window mode" cuz it happens while I'm using the phone.

Greetings
    05-03-17 12:06 AM
    Hi there,

my priv to sometimes switches to a black screen where only a small part of the screen shows a clock+notifications.
    When rotating the phone the black screen disappears after a while and the screen comes back.

es i have a flip cover but mine has no window, also i have no idea what exactly triggers this "small window mode" cuz it happens while I'm using the phone.

Greetings
    The window mode is triggered by a magnet. If you run a magnet across various areas of your flip case you might find its location. Are you folding the cover backwards to get it out of the way? That might move the magnet to the trigger location in the phone.
    05-03-17 12:20 AM
    That's the case, thanks!
    Where to turn it off? It's not under "Display" nor under "advanced interactions" but i believe i once saw it and turned off...
    05-03-17 12:36 AM
    That's the case, thanks!
    Where to turn it off? It's not under "Display" nor under "advanced interactions" but i believe i once saw it and turned off...
    It MIGHT be Main Settings, Sound/Notification, scroll down to "When Device is Locked" and play with those settings???
    05-03-17 12:12 PM
    That's the case, thanks!
    It MIGHT be Main Settings, Sound/Notification, scroll down to "When Device is Locked" and play with those settings???
    05-03-17 12:12 PM
    That does not seem to be the setting.
    05-03-17 02:38 PM
    That does not seem to be the setting.
    I just looked again and can't find anything else that seems to address that issue. I might have missed it.

Hopefully, someone else can reply.

I do know that the subject has been mentioned. I think there was one or two flip cases that had more powerful or more magnets that could do that when flipped all the way around. I generally avoid doing that with my two such cases - Stilgut and one I don't recall the brand of (has about 5 magnets!!!!
    05-03-17 03:30 PM
    We've been through this before, and I'm pretty sure nobody could locate a setting to disable it.
    WiredMatt likes this.
    05-06-17 08:52 PM