Hi all. For the past 3 weeks I've been in the process of transitioning from Classic to Priv and i gotta say that so far i am really liking the Priv. But i still love my Classic, so for the time being the Classic is my daily driver while i set up the Priv and get used to Android. Have been able to find answers to most of my questions on these forums. Except for this one, and it's driving me nuts: The flashlight shortcut icon, in the app drawer, shows as a green icon with white flashlight symbol inside. But when i move it to homescreen, the white flashlight symbol greys out! It stays grey no matter if the actual flashlight is on or off. Is this issue my Priv, or is it a bug?
    02-06-17 12:37 PM
    Mine behaves the same as you describe. Not sure if it's a bug but appears so. I would expect the flashlight symbol to turn white when the flashlight was turned on.
    02-06-17 01:23 PM
    I just use the Quickie Settings Flashlight and never used the Shortcut icon. Swipe down with two fingers and the flashlight is in the center. Otherwise, if you need the flashlight, you'd have to put that Shortcut icon on each home page.

But, yes, it does not change color. In a BRIGHT environment you might not notice the light is on.
    02-06-17 01:58 PM
    I added it as one of the 3 swipe shortcuts. Works great from there.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-06-17 03:36 PM
    I don't the issues is with working, it works just fine. It's just that you'd expect the flashlight shortcut icon to maybe turn white when the flashlight is on. Not sure if this even possible though.
    02-06-17 05:46 PM
    I don't the issues is with working, it works just fine. It's just that you'd expect the flashlight shortcut icon to maybe turn white when the flashlight is on. Not sure if this even possible though.
    It might be possible with a third party flashlight app????

If you use the Quick Settings, the Flashlight Icon does change. I think there's an X through it when off and none when ON.
    02-06-17 07:27 PM
    It might be possible with a third party flashlight app????

If you use the Quick Settings, the Flashlight Icon does change. I think there's an X through it when off and none when ON.
    The icon actually turns white when on and gray with a backslash symbol over the flashlight when off.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-06-17 11:12 PM
    Hi all. For the past 3 weeks I've been in the process of transitioning from Classic to Priv and i gotta say that so far i am really liking the Priv. But i still love my Classic, so for the time being the Classic is my daily driver while i set up the Priv and get used to Android. Have been able to find answers to most of my questions on these forums. Except for this one, and it's driving me nuts: The flashlight shortcut icon, in the app drawer, shows as a green icon with white flashlight symbol inside. But when i move it to homescreen, the white flashlight symbol greys out! It stays grey no matter if the actual flashlight is on or off. Is this issue my Priv, or is it a bug?
    Mine is the same. Can't say I've noticed it before. It also just appears to be this shortcut - I tried with some others and they stayed green / white

02-07-17 06:59 AM
    Mine is just like that--stays greyed out, no matter if flashlight is on or off. I've tried playing with the flashlight icon in the pull-down shade, but it doesn't make any difference. Yes, the shortcut does work, but i wish it wouldn't grey out on the homescreen. Not a bad idea to add it as one of the 3 swipe shortcuts, i use flashlight a lot and that would be pretty convenient..but why doesn't it display properly on homescreen? Buwee you say yours stays white when on? So yours works as it should. I know this isn't a huge deal because the shortcut does work, but it bugs me that it's displaying incorrectly.
    02-07-17 05:56 PM
    Mine is just like that--stays greyed out, no matter if flashlight is on or off. I've tried playing with the flashlight icon in the pull-down shade, but it doesn't make any difference. Yes, the shortcut does work, but i wish it wouldn't grey out on the homescreen. Not a bad idea to add it as one of the 3 swipe shortcuts, i use flashlight a lot and that would be pretty convenient..but why doesn't it display properly on homescreen? Buwee you say yours stays white when on? So yours works as it should. I know this isn't a huge deal because the shortcut does work, but it bugs me that it's displaying incorrectly.
    The flashlight in the quick settings menu turns white when it's on.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-07-17 06:06 PM
    TWO SEPARATE things folks.

Picture in Post 8 shows the shortcut for the Flashlight. It is a static icon. While it will turn it on or off, it does not itself display any changes. It is a picture.

Pictures in Post 10 show the Quick Settings and there is a Flashlight option there. It shows the slash through it when it is OFF and shows a White or Brighter Icon when ON. Pretty easy and quick access to the Flashlight.
    misterabrasive likes this.
    02-07-17 10:07 PM