I love the holsters blackberry makes. I like the clip, the magnet to lock the device etc. My favorite were the bold and curve ithey were designed the best but the torch was okay the z10 had flaws and the passpot was just over priced. When I got my priv I was excited the blackberry holster was again priced reasonbly.

I usually can use a holster for about a year and then it breaks and I replace it. However about a month or less the clip had separated from the hard material the case was built around and only the leather cover was keeping the clip on. I bought another thinking maybe they used bad glue. The second holster did the same thin in even less time. Looking at the clip I can tell there was an adhesive there but it had failed. I ended up buying gorilla glue and a few dots of the glue and voila 8 months later the clip is still attached. If you do this only a few dots is needed too much and it will foam outside the case and wreck the case.

The only problem left with the case is that unlike the bold case wich has the sidewalls of the case only going halfway up the phone leaving the side buttons expose this case covers the volume and convenience key. The problem with that is if you are in a chair that pushes against the case your phone gets silenced because the vulume key is pressed so you dont know your phone is silenced or worse yet the convenience key gets held down and the phone gets rebooted.

It is so annoying that such an important accessory is not designed well by blackberry. I wish they would wake up, they had the knowledge and they seem to have lost it. Having used a cell phone for 24 years I know agood case, one that gets all the little details right. The clip at least has not changed which is designed well. It has a bottom lip so it cant get pushed off the belt and it is hinged instead of a piece of clamped metal that loses grip over time.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-06-16 11:32 AM
    I agree, they don't make 'em like they used to. My Z30 holster that I used for over a year is still in great shape. In fact, my wife "borrowed" it since it's a perfect fit for her iPhone 7 in a Ringke Fusion case.
    11-08-16 05:31 PM
    I got suckered by the salesdroid at VZW to shell out 39.99 for the BB holster.

Totally hated it. It was such a tight fit that every time I pulled it out, the PKB was exposed. It also pulled out the plastic screen protector that the salesdroid applied at the store.

Trying to pull the Priv out of it was like tying to undress a woman wearing skinny jeans.

It is now collecting dust in a drawer somewhere. What a waste of 50 bucks.
    11-08-16 05:39 PM
    Trying to pull the Priv out of it was like tying to undress a woman wearing skinny jeans..
    Thats a great one!!

I use a SEIDIO holster for the PRIV, has the magnet, doesn't side around, no issue with undressing women in skinny jeans...

https://www.amazon.com/Seidio-SURFAC...UvbUpU12659633
    11-08-16 05:43 PM
    You forgot that the headphone jack is covered. Gotta put the phone in upside down.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-08-16 05:45 PM
    I got suckered by the salesdroid at VZW to shell out 39.99 for the BB holster.

Totally hated it. It was such a tight fit that every time I pulled it out, the PKB was exposed. It also pulled out the plastic screen protector that the salesdroid applied at the store.

Trying to pull the Priv out of it was like tying to undress a woman wearing skinny jeans.

It is now collecting dust in a drawer somewhere. What a waste of 50 bucks.
    Mine stretched out enough after about a week of use. The Priv holster, that is. And, it seemed to fit better with the screen facing in.
    11-08-16 05:46 PM
    You forgot that the headphone jack is covered. Gotta put the phone in upside down.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android

Ah.
    Didn't think of that. I've used BT headsets for a long time.
    11-08-16 05:49 PM
    Ah.
    Didn't think of that. I've used BT headsets for a long time.
    Same for me, though I did put the PRIV in upside down to access the headphone jack once and the device rebooted itself
    11-08-16 05:54 PM
    Thats a great one!!

I use a SEIDIO holster for the PRIV, has the magnet, doesn't side around, no issue with undressing women in skinny jeans...

https://www.amazon.com/Seidio-SURFAC...UvbUpU12659758
    The clips good on that snap-in holster but I don't like the fact that the back or front (depending on how you clip the phone in) is exposed. I like the glove protection of the holster. Definitely after a month or so of use the holster stops acting like skinny jeans and just works. I may and try and cut holes where the buttons are to see if that gives me the desired result but it will probably wreck the holster as the material will become unraveled because it is not sewn in that location.
    11-08-16 08:25 PM