Brought to you by Priv along with a little rundown of some key features starts off the podcasts now. Why do you guys think BlackBerry is targeting politics so hard with their advertising?
    02-23-16 07:36 AM
    Who knows, but didn't they sponsor one of the Republican debates recently?
    02-23-16 09:22 AM
    Who knows, but didn't they sponsor one of the Republican debates recently?
    Yes, and a Democrat debate.
    02-23-16 09:40 AM
    I'm a Canadian so don't know better. But aren't the debates widely followed in the 'States?
    02-23-16 11:09 AM
    I'm a Canadian so don't know better. But aren't the debates widely followed in the 'States?
    The general election debates get a good turnout, but I wouldn't call them "widely followed". Half the country doesn't even vote.

These are primary elections and generally no one watches them but it's been a little different this year because of Trump.
    02-23-16 11:39 AM
    The general election debates get a good turnout, but I wouldn't call them "widely followed". Half the country doesn't even vote.

These are primary elections and generally no one watches them but it's been a little different this year because of Trump.
    Right which is why I thought it was a good move of them sponsoring the debate. Could be the Hillary/Sander fight has some interest as well.

PS Just as a general reminder, lets keep the thread on topic (I myself ALMOST posted my political views, but CrackBerry is NOT the place for that) This is a thread about BlackBerry's ad choices in particular the FiveThirtyEight Podcast, BUT we can of course talk about other ad choices. What we want to avoid is talking about our own views of the politics of this Country or any other, or any of it's political parties. Thanks!
    02-23-16 11:57 AM