Anyone know which Smartwitch works best with Priv? Tried a FitBit and now a Garmin, and neither will connect via Bluetooth. I need something with heart rate and sleep monitoring. Garmin says they have no plan to set up BlackBerry as a usable device.

Bold to Priv, WJHeller
    05-16-16 09:36 AM
    I have both and both work perfectly with the Priv

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-16-16 09:43 AM
    Priv runs android so Garmin should work, you probably need the apps. The rep you talked to probably thought it was running blackberry os

05-16-16 09:45 AM
    I use the Moto 360 and it works Great. But since you have a Priv it should connect since it is using Androids Bluetooth Stack not a propriatary bluetooth system. All of my devices that I own connect. Do you have MM or 5.1.1? have you tried other devices? My Garmin that is Bluetooth does but not ANT+ versions. I put the item in pairing mode then open the bluetooth settings in the PRIV and once it opens it will start scanning. It is automatic but I would make sure it is in pair mode first before opening on the PRIV. Also some devices have a pin like 0000 or 1234 might check with manufacture. Some devices can only connect to a certain amount of devices and have to be reset to add to more. I had this happen with a headset. Once I did the reset it found it fine.

Oiche-Shamhna
    05-16-16 09:46 AM
    Pebble steel
    Vector

05-16-16 09:48 AM
    Priv runs android so Garmin should work, you probably need the apps. The rep you talked to probably thought it was running blackberry os

Or setup via PC first....if I recall I had to for my fitbit charge hr

05-16-16 09:50 AM
    The tech conferred with their (Garmin) mobile team and they said NO GO w/ BlackBerry. My Priv will pair, but not with Connect to transfer data. The FitBit was finally able to connect but had other issues.

Bold to Priv, WJHeller
    05-16-16 09:55 AM
    I have a Fitbit ChargeHR and it works perfectly with my Priv. Has some issues using the ported Android app when I was on a Z10, but the Priv works so well that I can leave it with All-Day Sync, and still have enough battery to easily get through the day.
    05-16-16 09:55 AM
    The tech conferred with their (Garmin) mobile team and they said NO GO w/ BlackBerry. My Priv will pair, but not with Connect to transfer data. The FitBit was finally able to connect but had other issues.

Bold to Priv, WJHeller
    They may be thinking it's a BB10 device....

My friend uses a Vivofit with his Priv, no issues.
    05-16-16 10:02 AM
    Anyone know which Smartwitch works best with Priv? Tried a FitBit and now a Garmin, and neither will connect via Bluetooth. I need something with heart rate and sleep monitoring. Garmin says they have no plan to set up BlackBerry as a usable device.

Bold to Priv, WJHeller
    I use the Fitbit Blaze and it works PERFECTLY with my Priv.
    05-16-16 10:08 AM
    Thanks for the response. FitBits can't get wet and I'm in the rain too much. Thought I was done with not being able to get stuff done with a BlackBerry.

Bold to Priv, WJHeller
    05-16-16 10:25 AM
    Thanks for the response. FitBits can't get wet and I'm in the rain too much. Thought I was done with not being able to get stuff done with a BlackBerry.

Bold to Priv, WJHeller
    Not true. FitBits are water resistant, but you shouldn't swim with them.
    05-16-16 10:27 AM
    I use a fitbit charge HR and pebble steel and it works great. All u need is the companion app and you are good to go.

05-16-16 12:57 PM
    Fitbit works great with the Priv, I've used two fitbits since I've had my Priv and had no issues

05-16-16 01:15 PM
    I ahve a priv and a moto 360. It's not an Apple Watch and it's relatively slow, just like the Priv's HUB... but it works.
    05-16-16 01:30 PM
    Samsung Gear S2 works great with AT&T STV-1
    05-16-16 01:40 PM
    They may be thinking it's a BB10 device....

My friend uses a Vivofit with his Priv, no issues.
    Yes, I had the same problem with Flipboard support....they assumed a Blackberry device is running BBOS. LOL
    Blackberry needs to get their marketing/partner fixed...it is not acceptable that even the apps and accessories vendors didn't even know Blackberry have Android phones now.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on Priv
    05-16-16 01:57 PM
    Moto 360 2 Gen connects via bluetooth flawlessly, It has Heart-Rate Sensor.
    It has a water-resistance rating of IP67 dust and water resistant.

Fitness Smartwitch and Priv-p1080689.jpg
    Last edited by TeaBoy; 05-16-16 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Added a Picture
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    05-16-16 02:32 PM
    Wearing my Fossil Q Founder. Works perfectly with the Priv. Even displays BBM Messages
    05-16-16 05:58 PM
    Thanks group! Returned the Garmin and got a FitBit Surge and it took a little work, but it's working now.

Bold to Priv, WJHeller
    FF22 likes this.
    05-16-16 06:31 PM
    How are you liking the Fossil Q Founder? Lack of heart rate monitor?
    05-17-16 02:26 PM
    Wow, I'm currently wearing a Garmin Fenix HR that works great with my Z30 - I can't imagine it not working with a Priv considering it works with any Android above 4.3.
    05-17-16 02:33 PM

Bold to Priv, WJHeller
    I use a pebble time steel and works like a charm. The os has been recently updated to record activity and again works like a charm and the watch looks great on. Also the battery life is much better and longer compared to other smartwatches in the same category.

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    05-17-16 03:17 PM
    I wish I wore a watch! Well, it's not like I can't. I just don't. Except on vacations and I just forgot to take it along last week anyway.

I tried the Fitbit with the heart monitor and sleep tracker. But returned it - I did not want some private company tracking my sleep patterns.

If I get a fitness tracker, I want one divorced from any company. I just want software on my end that allow me to track privately.
    05-17-16 04:48 PM
    Just got a Pebble Steel. Syncs just fine. No heart rate monitor but an activity monitor that tracks sleep and counts steps.

Brian

05-17-16 09:53 PM
39 12