So how does one get their hands on a pre-release device? Who makes the list?
    Native Dutch or German speakers?
    Or Canadian or Vietnamese. Presumably someone who knows someone who has signed a non-disclosure agreement with BlackBerry to evaluate or test a pre-production unit, and is not too concerned about violating those conditions.
    10-12-15 06:30 PM
    I have a feeling the leak might be from the T-Mobile side, the units all had the T-Mobile crapware on it.
    10-12-15 06:35 PM
    I have a feeling the leak might be from the T-Mobile side, the units all had the T-Mobile crapware on it.
    Although there's no doubt about the crapware being present, not so sure that means much in terms of where the leaks are coming from. T-Mobile isn't in Canada and that Baka mobile device had it all present. Likely just that particular ROM loaded on the devices.
    10-12-15 07:39 PM
    This device may appeal to none BB10 owners, but I can't seen any BB10 owner bending over for this phone only because it runs the messy Android OS. And based on the video previews, they are obviously having a difficult time making BB10 features work on this device. How about coming out with a BB10 version, then you can waist your time with this Android abomination.
    10-12-15 07:55 PM
    I don't know... if you guys keep this thread going like this I may end up getting one.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-12-15 08:14 PM
    How about coming out with a BB10 version, then you can waist your time with this Android abomination.
    They would still be updating the dev tools if they were going to release a BB10 version anytime soon...
    10-12-15 08:14 PM
    always funny to read about BB10 users saying all sorts of negative stuff about android and the billions of devices out there. ive only used BB but you will not find me bashing a devicethat is enjoying a huge market share in the mobile space. something must be working for them.
    10-12-15 08:15 PM
    always funny to read about BB10 users saying all sorts of negative stuff about android and the billions of devices out there. ive only used BB but you will not find me bashing a devicethat is enjoying a huge market share in the mobile space. something must be working for them.
    Maybe they have used Android and have a valid opinion, like me. I was on Android for two years, still have a Nexus 4 running latest lollipop which cannot compare to the better BB10OS. The screens for Apps is the same, icons that can be combined for folders, the open Apps screen on Android is a joke as it simply piles one on top of each other endless 'Cards' which hide the ones underneath, Notifications are bars that pull down and are just links to open gmail, or fb or other Apps/Functions and you have no ability to work within notifications to create, send or receive, plus you must download and install fb messenger. You can buy Apps to arrange the start page as you wish (yawn). You have included widgets to customize the start page (yawn). All gimmicks for the kids. Only Nexus devices can get updated as new updates come out, all other have to wait for Carrier approved updates. At least in BB you can do a blitz. So, before judging, maybe they have a valid reason to ridicule Android.
    nwansukka likes this.
    10-12-15 08:35 PM
    A lot of Android fans have said a BlackBerry keyboard on Android would bring them back to BlackBerry. Check out forums on Android Authority and other Android sites.

Posted via CB10
    Hell an android device with a physical keyboard would keep me using that device for a long time.. I usual get a new phone every year.. On rare case every six months but with this Priv.. I can't see a reason why I'd want to get rid of that beautiful beautiful delicious phone.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    10-12-15 08:52 PM
    Nobody worries about what you do

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    You do. Tufcustomer does. Or else you two wouldn't blow my CB up all the time. You two should do lunch sometime. Talk about widgets or something.
    10-12-15 10:31 PM
    Seriously stop with the stupidity. The Priv will launch in November. The CEO has stated that fact, as well as the fact that the Priv has passed FCC, and they are already showing accessories for the Priv, as well as all the carrier demo units being handed out indicates they are not going to release Spring 2016. To put it in perspective if they really plan to do that , they may as well shut down Hardware division now and not bother putting out a phone with specs 8 months old.
    The "Early 2016" date stated by the reviewer refers to the release date in European markets, so it's definitely possible that it'll launch in Canada (and maybe even the US) this fall as promised by Chen.
    10-13-15 02:10 AM
    Some are more concerned about the gesture access, i.e. swipe from bottom and Peek. I'm almost certain that's gone if they are integrating that into the home button.
    Bingo. I Peek all day. I don't want to have to back out of what I'm doing, only to have to navigate my way back when I want to get a quick look at a message. Retrieving messages on my Nex7 '13 is a colossal mess. No decent way to look at all my messages quickly without interrupting what I'm doing.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 05:38 AM
    (...)
    That's my whole point. The priv will be outdated on arrival. Everybody else will already be moving on or in the final planning stages of next gen devices.

BlackBerry? This may well be their very last handset. Outdated on release, at a premium cost. Ouch.
    Outdated for what?
    Blackberry Productivity Suite? Browsing Internet? Sending an email or SMS? Watching movies in QHD? Posting on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram? Recording 4k videos? Playing most demanding games? Listening to MP3s?

Please name me one damn thing you can't do on this SD808 phone, that you would be able next year when competitors unleash SD810/820. One? Pwetty pwease?

I understand your post. I'm not sure Blackberry will be successful with the price they ask, especially lacking some of the features like fingerprint sensor, type-C USB port or wireless charging - in that regards, the price they may be asking seems high. But are these the features you really, REALLY need? Furthermore, are there people ready to pay whatever price BB asks for this phone? Yes, I'm one of them. I'm getting it. And as Apple has proven time and time again, price doesn't matter if there's anyone willing to pay it.

Will you buy it? You said yourself you wouldn't, that's fine with me - it's your decision. I just fail to see how your opinion on this matter is more representative than of those willing to pay.
    Last edited by Akar_Zaephyr; 10-13-15 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Typos
    10-13-15 06:26 AM
    Will you buy it? You said yourself you wouldn't, that's fine with me - it's your decision. I just fail to see how your opinion on this matter is more representative than of those willing to pay.
    "Because I don't like it so nor should you."

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 06:40 AM
    .....Will you buy it? You said yourself you wouldn't, that's fine with me - it's your decision. I just fail to see how your opinion on this matter is more representative than of those willing to pay.
    I'm not ruling out of hand a future purchase of this device. I'll be a keeping a very close eye on the reviews. My primary concern here is that BlackBerry produces an Android handset that compares favorably to, say, the Galaxy Note 5. As this is an Android phone, lag and OS updates are going to a primary point of interest.

I am taking a wait and see approach. I will add that pricing this phone competitively is a matter of serious importance to BlackBerry, presuming that Mr. Chen is serious about saving the handset division.

cheers!
    10-13-15 01:32 PM
    If anyone like me is wondering how the hub on android will look, the experience suite will give an idea:
    (First?) Priv Review!-blackberry-mwc2015-031.jpg
    10-13-15 04:12 PM
    If anyone like me is wondering how the hub on android will look, the experience suite will give an idea:
    The BlackBerry Experience Suite was introduced as a concept more than six months ago. Since then there hasn't been a single image of the Hub actually running (we've seen the icons) on the Priv or any other Android phone.
    10-13-15 04:50 PM
    You do. Tufcustomer does. Or else you two wouldn't blow my CB up all the time. You two should do lunch sometime. Talk about widgets or something.
    Ah, how typical of you to totally deflect the rest of his statement and attempt to change the topic by picking out a few words. As you'd say, "that's cute".

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 04:57 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BlackBerry-MWC2015-031.jpg 
Views:	407 
Size:	303.7 KB 
ID:	375703
    Where is this pic from?

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 05:14 PM
    Where is this pic from?
    As the name on the image indicates, it's from a Russian webiste called BlackBerries.ru. BlackBerry Experience Suite | BlackBerry ? ??????

Here's a portion of the translated text:
    At Mobile World Congress 2015, BlackBerry has made a very important statement, BlackBerry porting their unique applications such as BlackBerry Hub, calendar, contacts, documents, to increase productivity, communication, collaboration, and security for all users of smartphones and tablets running Android, iOS, and Windows.
    10-13-15 05:36 PM
    Confirm early 2016? I thought we agreed on late 2015? As in novemeber or december ...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-13-15 07:42 PM
    Confirm early 2016? I thought we agreed on late 2015? As in novemeber or december ...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    That leak site got it way wrong. Chen said this year a number of times. Goes to show how much weight to put in their preview.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 07:51 PM
    As the name on the image indicates, it's from a Russian webiste called BlackBerries.ru. BlackBerry Experience Suite | BlackBerry ? ??????

Here's a portion of the translated text:
    At Mobile World Congress 2015, BlackBerry has made a very important statement, BlackBerry porting their unique applications such as BlackBerry Hub, calendar, contacts, documents, to increase productivity, communication, collaboration, and security for all users of smartphones and tablets running Android, iOS, and Windows.
    I meant the event that the picture was taken from, but thanks for the translation. That was very helpful.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 07:53 PM
    Ah, how typical of you to totally deflect the rest of his statement and attempt to change the topic by picking out a few words. As you'd say, "that's cute".

Posted via CB10
    stop getting so b u t t -hurt. it's pitiful.
    10-13-15 08:16 PM
    stop getting so b u t t -hurt. it's pitiful.
    But t hurt? Responding to comments is being but t hurt? Shiit, isn't this a public forum? Lol, the only thing pitiful are your snide comments and your inability thereafter to defend them. Grow up kid.

Sorry in advance mods.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 08:52 PM
284 ... 9101112