there you go keeping on worrying about what i do. you missed me, i see.

thanks for agreeing- come again.
    Nobody worries about what you do but if you're going to call someone out on chiming in on other people's conversations, especially when you do the exact same thing, you might as well man up and own up to it. No shame in that.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    tufcustomer likes this.
    10-12-15 12:03 PM
    And when was the Lumia 950 with the same specs launched? 5 days ago.
    Does the Lumia run Android? No. Does the Lumia run iOS? No. Do Lumia phones compete with Android flagships? No. Does Microsoft sell more phones than Blackberry? Yes. Does Microsoft register in the mobile market? Barely.

So who cares what the Lumia is packing? What's the cycle for Lumia phones?

We're talking about BB's last hurrah here. Not Microsoft's schizo phone strategy.
    10-12-15 12:09 PM
    In order for the Priv to have any lifespan, it needs to be released to market first. Based on what we're seeing leaking out, that's going to be awhile yet.

We're possibly looking at the very last BB branded phone that will ever be made. At a premium price.
    From your recent posts, I get the sense you won't be at the front of the queue to buy one.
    10-12-15 12:16 PM
    Does the Lumia run Android? No. Does the Lumia run iOS? No. Do Lumia phones compete with Android flagships? No. Does Microsoft sell more phones than Blackberry? Yes. Does Microsoft register in the mobile market? Barely.

So who cares what the Lumia is packing? What's the cycle for Lumia phones?

We're talking about BB's last hurrah here. Not Microsoft's schizo phone strategy.
    Chill out dude, you don't need to keep quoting one thing I said.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post11987804
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post11989183
    10-12-15 12:24 PM
    With so many 'sightings', 'viewings', and 'hands on' online, I find it odd that we're yet to see it in FULL production. For example, a fully working Hub, seeing if this device is purely Android and no BB10 OS, etc.

A shame really. And as others have mentioned, we might not see this device before 2016. Again, I ask the question, "With the plethora of Android devices on the market, what will convince consumers to buy this one...?
    10-12-15 12:33 PM
    With so many 'sightings', 'viewings', and 'hands on' online, I find it odd that we're yet to see it in FULL production. For example, a fully working Hub, seeing if this device is purely Android and no BB10 OS, etc.

A shame really. And as others have mentioned, we might not see this device before 2016. Again, I ask the question, "With the plethora of Android devices on the market, what will convince consumers to buy this one...?
    A lot of Android fans have said a BlackBerry keyboard on Android would bring them back to BlackBerry. Check out forums on Android Authority and other Android sites.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE and mundo472 like this.
    10-12-15 12:39 PM
    From your recent posts, I get the sense you won't be at the front of the queue to buy one.
    But I will be eyeing the reviews very closely.
    anon4226395 likes this.
    10-12-15 12:41 PM
    But I will be eyeing the reviews very closely.
    I'm sure you will
    JGoodard likes this.
    10-12-15 12:48 PM
    I plan on buying a Priv one day. Hopefully the OS holds up and isn't something with a lot of slow downs and such. But I have to face reality this phone will fail (in context of some re-emergence that people want to see). Blackberry is done as a phone manufacturer that will be taken seriously in the market. The problem is the name is too tainted and has so much negativity towards it. Most people won't give the phone a second look just because they see the blackberry logo/name on it. I love bb10 and hoped it did better. I salute the company they still are legends and did a lot for the industry though people probably won't ever give them that credit. So go out guys and buy as many privs as we can.

Posted via CB10
    JGoodard likes this.
    10-12-15 12:53 PM
    I fired up my Nexus 4 on Lollipop to refresh my memory and no, Android Notifications isn't similar to HUB at all, notifications appear in bars that you pull down from the top and when you tap on an email notification then gmail opens up, so it goes for a fb notification, tapping on it opens facebook, and you must have fb messenger installed too. The power of BB HUB is much more sophisticated than Android Notifications. What you have are short cuts to each App, but as we all know everything can be done within HUB as far as creating and responding.
    My LG G2 was on Kit Kat; so my post was based on video clips showing users open and respond to notifications straight from the lock screen as being built-in Lollipop functionality. But you are correct and I stand corrected; you are taken to the associated apps from there. In these videos the apps launched fast enough (1 second "lag" or so) as is to not hinder any "productivity" as far as I could tell.

I think everybody here would love to see a in-depth review. But we are talking about Leaks, and for a leak, this is pretty much great! Try to find iphone leaks like this one lol
    Nothing wrong with any of it in general however go look at pretty much any Android review whether phone or OS and they're all about specs, speed, camera, overall quality, and the like with the skin/launcher getting third or fourth billing. In essence, these "leaks and reviews" are treating the Priv like any other Android phone when us BlackBerry diehards want the reviews to treat the phone as if it "were" a BlackBerry.

The topic may be beat to death by now but it is safe to say that if someone handed most of us a Priv the very first thing we would do would be to go straight to the Hub.

As for iPhone leaks, well, Apple typically does not reveal a product until just before launch, if even that. I mean, you could buy a new Mac Book Pro today and literally the new model will become available tomorrow. That's how they move inventory; by stopping those who would hold-out for the new model from holding out. It doesn't matter with the iPhone crowd anyways. An iPhone 7 could come out today and half of those who recently got the 6S Plus would buy it today no questions asked. And for what-ever reason iPhone launch dates have become big media events.

Look, I am not being nit-picky; it is nice to have these leaks and first reviews. However, the Productivity Suite was made known through official BlackBerry video 8 months ago. It is itself no secret and why they would want anyone to hold back on it is ludicrous considering that along with the security/privacy features the Hub itself is going to be one of the main differentiators between the Priv and other Android handsets.

I am starting to lose my interests in the Priv as I keep remembering more and more of why I do not like Android. You know, BB10 looks and feels like a BlackBerry OS even though it is night and day compared to the legacy BBOS. You just know that you are on a BlackBerry for better or worse. All I want to know is how much BlackBerry nuance is going to go into the Priv, which practically no Android/iOS/Win Phone user is going to think to look for let alone likely to not even notice. Granted, I will eventually find out at or near launch but once again BlackBerry seems to be making the same mistakes as in the past: leading us on with only half a carrot. By the time they give us the other half some of potential Priv buyers are going to have moved on.
    10-12-15 01:12 PM
    BlackBerry website says coming this fall. So thats not early 2016

Posted via CB10
    Coming to some places this fall, but the international launch won't fully happen until into 2016. I'm not sure Germany falls in the schedule.
    10-12-15 01:47 PM
    In order for the Priv to have any lifespan, it needs to be released to market first. Based on what we're seeing leaking out, that's going to be awhile yet.

We're possibly looking at the very last BB branded phone that will ever be made. At a premium price.
    have you been under a rock or something? Blackberry already told it will sell this fall, so the maximum you will wait is December. But the latest rumours actually point to end of october for Canada and UK, and November for US.

That's life, everything has a start and a end. When BB launches a mid-low end phone, people complain that they want a new high end, when blackberry releases a high end, people complain that they want a cheaper phone...
    10-12-15 02:46 PM

Nothing wrong with any of it in general however go look at pretty much any Android review whether phone or OS and they're all about specs, speed, camera, overall quality, and the like with the skin/launcher getting third or fourth billing. In essence, these "leaks and reviews" are treating the Priv like any other Android phone when us BlackBerry diehards want the reviews to treat the phone as if it "were" a BlackBerry.

The topic may be beat to death by now but it is safe to say that if someone handed most of us a Priv the very first thing we would do would be to go straight to the Hub.

As for iPhone leaks, well, Apple typically does not reveal a product until just before launch, if even that. I mean, you could buy a new Mac Book Pro today and literally the new model will become available tomorrow. That's how they move inventory; by stopping those who would hold-out for the new model from holding out. It doesn't matter with the iPhone crowd anyways. An iPhone 7 could come out today and half of those who recently got the 6S Plus would buy it today no questions asked. And for what-ever reason iPhone launch dates have become big media events.

Look, I am not being nit-picky; it is nice to have these leaks and first reviews. However, the Productivity Suite was made known through official BlackBerry video 8 months ago. It is itself no secret and why they would want anyone to hold back on it is ludicrous considering that along with the security/privacy features the Hub itself is going to be one of the main differentiators between the Priv and other Android handsets.

I am starting to lose my interests in the Priv as I keep remembering more and more of why I do not like Android. You know, BB10 looks and feels like a BlackBerry OS even though it is night and day compared to the legacy BBOS. You just know that you are on a BlackBerry for better or worse. All I want to know is how much BlackBerry nuance is going to go into the Priv, which practically no Android/iOS/Win Phone user is going to think to look for let alone likely to not even notice. Granted, I will eventually find out at or near launch but once again BlackBerry seems to be making the same mistakes as in the past: leading us on with only half a carrot. By the time they give us the other half some of potential Priv buyers are going to have moved on.
    Lets face it, the typical Android buyer only cares about specs (the actual performance seems irrelevant). I've seen many times Iphones completely outperforming top end Androids in benchmarks and everyday tasks, yet the Android fanboys "laugh" on the iphone for being expensive and having low specs.

I also wanted BB10 to "survive", i like it over Android, but lately i've been having a tough time with BB10. One of the best features is the HUB, but it becomes a pain when you want to chat on facebook. There is no native app working for facebook chat, and yes, you can install Android one, but it's clunky, and will not integrate in the Hub. Same with Viber for example. If you depend in some Android comunication apps, you're screwed,

I'm a professional videographer, and I use Action cameras like GoPro. They don't have BB10 app, and the Android version doesn't connect with the Wifi's camera. So I have to use a old Iphone4 to operate the cameras.

So despite not liking Android as much, I can see it giving me a easier time with some things that I have to do on the phone.
    10-12-15 02:56 PM
    have you been under a rock or something? Blackberry already told it will sell this fall, so the maximum you will wait is December. But the latest rumours actually point to end of october for Canada and UK, and November for US.

That's life, everything has a start and a end. When BB launches a mid-low end phone, people complain that they want a new high end, when blackberry releases a high end, people complain that they want a cheaper phone...
    BlackBerry, of course, being so reliable with their launch dates and software stability.
    10-12-15 03:06 PM
    BlackBerry, of course, being so reliable with their launch dates and software stability.
    Mate, again, you talk live you've been under a rock. The latest worldwide phones launched by Chen (talking about the Classic and Passport) didn't get the countless delays that they used to have. Of course we cannot expect Blackberry to do a worldwide launch, some countries will get first, but that's what you get by being a small company.
    10-12-15 03:11 PM
    Lets face it, the typical Android buyer only cares about specs (the actual performance seems irrelevant). I've seen many times Iphones completely outperforming top end Androids in benchmarks and everyday tasks, yet the Android fanboys "laugh" on the iphone for being expensive and having low specs.

I also wanted BB10 to "survive", i like it over Android, but lately i've been having a tough time with BB10. One of the best features is the HUB, but it becomes a pain when you want to chat on facebook. There is no native app working for facebook chat, and yes, you can install Android one, but it's clunky, and will not integrate in the Hub. Same with Viber for example. If you depend in some Android comunication apps, you're screwed,

I'm a professional videographer, and I use Action cameras like GoPro. They don't have BB10 app, and the Android version doesn't connect with the Wifi's camera. So I have to use a old Iphone4 to operate the cameras.

So despite not liking Android as much, I can see it giving me a easier time with some things that I have to do on the phone.
    Thats not entirely true... Specs are a big part of the Android world because there are so many manufacturers that build Android devices. They compete with each other in terms of specs because the software is the same. Other than quality of the device, and a few specialized software builds per manufacturer, on what other terms could they compete.

I very much enjoy Android personally. For me, its very productive and quite powerful.

BB needs to get some specifics out there ASAP! If they are truly going to have a mostly pure Android, good battery, and communicate when Marshmallow is coming out.. then I will buy on day 1!
    10-12-15 03:26 PM
    Oh boy 2016 release with 2015 specs. What more can we ask for.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 03:39 PM
    How can you ask for a better processor when the 820 isn't even out? 810 isn't very desirable to me in terms of battery life. Exynos 7420 would have been nice. Nexus 5X and 6P have similar specs. Sure could have gone USB C but really where else is there a lot of room for improvement? 4GB is debatable, uses more power. Wireless charging would be a bonus, not a lot of flagship devices have this still today.
    10-12-15 03:48 PM
    Seriously stop with the stupidity. The Priv will launch in November. The CEO has stated that fact, as well as the fact that the Priv has passed FCC, and they are already showing accessories for the Priv, as well as all the carrier demo units being handed out indicates they are not going to release Spring 2016. To put it in perspective if they really plan to do that , they may as well shut down Hardware division now and not bother putting out a phone with specs 8 months old.
    10-12-15 05:06 PM
    Seriously stop with the stupidity. The Priv will launch in November. The CEO has stated that fact, as well as the fact that the Priv has passed FCC, and they are already showing accessories for the Priv, as well as all the carrier demo units being handed out indicates they are not going to release Spring 2016. To put it in perspective if they really plan to do that , they may as well shut down Hardware division now and not bother putting out a phone with specs 8 months old.
    It hasn't.

10-12-15 05:07 PM
    So are they the only ones that got a review unit? Seems fishy to me..... I say take this review with a grain of salt.......n

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 05:25 PM
    So are they the only ones that got a review unit? Seems fishy to me..... I say take this review with a grain of salt.......n

Posted via CB10
    It's not an 'official' review. They just got their hands on some pre-release device and decided to write about it.
    BB-JAM215 and paul360 like this.
    10-12-15 05:34 PM
    It's not an 'official' review. They just got their hands on some pre-release device and decided to write about it.
    So how does one get their hands on a pre-release device? Who makes the list?

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 06:03 PM
    So how does one get their hands on a pre-release device? Who makes the list?

Posted via CB10
    Native Dutch or German speakers?
    10-12-15 06:05 PM
    The conclusion can be pretty much assumed without actually touching the device... It is niche, the price point won't be low "enough".
    10-12-15 06:17 PM
284 ... 89101112