an apk of it, sure. keep dreaming in the sense that people think the BB10 experience will translate exactly. but that wasn't directed to you, you just interjected.
    Probably won't be as cohesive of an experience but we'll see. That's rich coming from you considering that's all you do on these forums. Quite hypocritical actually.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-12-15 12:06 AM
    Interesting, reading the usual stuff about 'BlackBerry Camera good, but not great'.

Isn't the camera module hardware top of the line?

The camera app in use - is this the Android default?

What I'm getting at is that there seems to be little for Blackberry to get wrong here, so I'd be surprised if the camera doesn't perform.
    10-12-15 02:52 AM
    Interesting, reading the usual stuff about 'BlackBerry Camera good, but not great'.

Isn't the camera module hardware top of the line?

The camera app in use - is this the Android default?

What I'm getting at is that there seems to be little for Blackberry to get wrong here, so I'd be surprised if the camera doesn't perform.
    camera app is BBs I think and not stock and the hardware should be pretty good yes
    10-12-15 03:21 AM
    All these reviews are fine, but unless Blackberry can release the Priv in a timely manner and at a price that will attract both the consumer and corporate clients, they will be right back to square one. I have been buying Blackberry device since the early days and the "coming soon" being posted on the website don't cut it anymore, we need a dam official release date like all their competition already has???
    I agree with you Sir . BBRY must declare the launch date ASAP . " coming soon " is just an eye wash IMO. Pricing shall play a major role in success of this device . USD 650 - 700 shall be a good price in Dubai market.
    10-12-15 03:24 AM
    All this discussion about so called "outdated" specs is fruitless since we all know that nothing is older than yesterday's flagship release. There will always be a phone/computer/car with better specs around the corner the day you buy yours. So either wait forever or just buy the phone you like.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 03:30 AM
    camera app is BBs I think and not stock and the hardware should be pretty good yes
    Ah, BlackBerry's own camera app...

That's a shame, judging by their efforts on BB10...
    10-12-15 04:39 AM
    keep dreaming.
    Isn't this picture taken from a password unlock screen? I say we wait for some hands on video or something with the keyboard being used in action before we really say whether it's just a plain keyboard or the blackberry keyboard with swipes and what not.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    10-12-15 06:38 AM
    About photo evidence...and people reporting the keyboard is there? What am I dreaming about?

Again, you make comments that don't make sense and provide no evidence.

Posted via CB10
    I think he means that this keyboard won't be the same as what's on bb10. Such as the flick up to enter a word type of feature but, the phone isn't out yet so who knows, it might actually be there.

10-12-15 06:41 AM
    It will be priced too high, north of $700.

Posted via CB10
    I won't matter as the carriers will sell it for $100 and charge you back on a contract, what's new there?
    10-12-15 06:57 AM
    I won't matter as the carriers will sell it for $100 and charge you back on a contract, what's new there?
    The new thing is that the carriers are slowly stopping on that, replacing it with monthly installments.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and 00stryder like this.
    10-12-15 07:06 AM
    The new thing is that the carriers are slowly stopping on that, replacing it with monthly installments.
    And people can afford the monthly payments right? A buddy of mine was paging for the galaxy s5 and a year in he was able to trade it for the s6 edge. So maybe people will do that.

10-12-15 07:48 AM
    Probably won't be as cohesive of an experience but we'll see. That's rich coming from you considering that's all you do on these forums. Quite hypocritical actually.

Posted via CB10
    there you go keeping on worrying about what i do. you missed me, i see.

thanks for agreeing- come again.
    10-12-15 09:06 AM
    I am sure that you're familiar with the concept of future proofing? I am also going to assume that you're aware of the problems with the SD 810 soc, the same soc that Samsung passed over for its own in house processor. The same SD 810 that was supposed to be the latest and greatest? We're talking 2016 here, folks. Not yesterday. Not that glorious A9 processor in the iToys.

Now consider this. Who owns the top-end Android Market? Right, Samsung. And then there's everyone else. And about what time has Samsung been releasing their flagship phones most recently? Around April as of this year. Who is rumored to be testing the SD 820 soc already? Samsung. Will Samsung go with the soc? Will find out soon.

So, who's hardware is going to be optimized first for Android M? No, not Blackberry. I know Samsung's Galaxy line will be, though. .

Which brings us back to Blackberry. A 2014(15) flagship phone, slated for an unknown release date, on a development cycle at least a generation behind. I didn't state that the device was poor technologically, I noted that the device is already outdated.

btw, when was the LG G4 released to market? June. Little late to the game, aren't we Blackberry? So when is this phone going to be released? November? December? January? October would be nice. Seriously doubt it.

Why wait on a Priv, when the S7 is already on the horizon? Or when cheaper handsets from Motorola, already proven performers in their own right, are currently available? That is, If one is to go the Android route.

Purchase what you need. Any bets on how long Blackberry will support this device, if at all?
    Future proof what? a device that (if sucessfull) is going to be replaced the next year and has the latest specs? Top end phones have a 1 year lifespan before the next comes out.

What you're saying makes no sense. Dude... they are RELEASING the device in the next couple of weeks! in 2015 not 2016! You won't see the SD820 this year, probabily you will only see the first SD820 in the middle of next year.

The priv is releasing NOW, and NOW there isn't any better processor than the 808 (excluding the problematic 810 and mediatek's that's faster but samsung probabily won't sell you one).

LG G4 was released in June, that's 4 months ago not 4 years ago. Do you even expect Blackberry to have the power to release something as fast as a giant like LG or Samsung?

The priv is a phone to be released in 2015, and in 2015, the SD808 is about as good as you can get. You can't make calls with phones that are on the "horizon". And it's Ironic that you're complaining about the delayed release on the device, and at the same time giving a hint that they should wait for the SD820...

And just to put you into context a bit more, the new (not yet released) super Premium LG V10, also runs a SD808. I don't see anybody complaining it's specs...
    anon4226395, green_ember and tmf06 like this.
    10-12-15 09:36 AM
    And when was the Lumia 950 with the same specs launched? 5 days ago.
    Forget the Lumia 950... the Super Premium LG V10 has the 808 too and I don't see anybody complaining, I see everybody hyped about it
    david7saad likes this.
    10-12-15 09:41 AM
    I have often wondered what the proportion of buy outright vs contract sales for "flagship" phones. Tried to google it once, got nowhere
    10-12-15 09:54 AM
    Agree with the two posts above this one.

What BlackBerry used to do was, they constantly releasing devices with last years specs, or even specs two years old. That was a problem.

But if the specs are inline with this years' flagship devices, that's good enough... to me anyway.

I am curious how well BlackBerry can optimize their software though.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-12-15 09:54 AM
    Cool... but the review wasn't made by anyone from crackberry, it was made by a ramdom guy that probabily never touched a Blackberry device, and has no idea what the hub is or that it even exists. He didn't show pretty much anything software side, it's not like he did a deep insight reveiw of everything but didn't show the hub...

You guys should calm down, because the hub is just the hub, it agregates messages and notifications from other apps, so how different you expect android hub to be? do you expect it to print beer? I'm expecting Android Hub to just do what it does, gather notifications and messages in 1 place, it's the same Blackberry that did BB10 hub developing it, not other company.

So it should be as good, if not better.
    I am only speaking for myself here but I agree with the comment by another poster that many of us would like to see the same functionality of the Hub in the Priv.

The one thing that has always drawn me to BlackBerry is how certain apps--because they are just apps--feel and function as though they are built into the OS; a part of the phone and the Hub is a further extension of that. On BB10 you do not need specific email client apps or SMS apps, those communications are done directly through the Hub. Even BBM acts this way, too. Suffice to say I have never used any one "app" on any mobile device or desktop/laptop as much as I do with the Hub as email is huge part of my day. My concern is the the Hub on the Priv may actually turn out to be just an aggregation zone and nothing more. The Hub itself pretty much defines my BB10 experience and I don't want to push buttons to navigate to an app that would ultimately only send to me to another app anyways.

Android has its own notification center which incidentally has very similar "Hub" functionality right from the lock screen. I would imagine BlackBerry to put some extra umph into the Hub or else it would just be another app that may ultimately prove to be seen as "BlackBerry bloatware" if not well implemented.

I was among the first wave to buy a BB10 handset and as such my contract has ended I have been month-to-month for awhile now. My Z10 is still holding strong but it is beginning to act a little finicky here and there; not sure if it will handle the 10.3.3 update but who knows. My money is not burning a hole in my pocket for a new phone, but when I think over the next two years I kinda would like a new handset and it's either going to be the Priv or a Passport. Knowing what the Hub is all about on Android would help me make my decision... ...and sooner.
    10-12-15 09:57 AM

Android has its own notification center which incidentally has very similar "Hub" functionality right from the lock screen.
    I fired up my Nexus 4 on Lollipop to refresh my memory and no, Android Notifications isn't similar to HUB at all, notifications appear in bars that you pull down from the top and when you tap on an email notification then gmail opens up, so it goes for a fb notification, tapping on it opens facebook, and you must have fb messenger installed too. The power of BB HUB is much more sophisticated than Android Notifications. What you have are short cuts to each App, but as we all know everything can be done within HUB as far as creating and responding.
    tp2386 likes this.
    10-12-15 10:12 AM
    He clearly doesn't know what the BlackBerry 10 keyboard is. It's probably the new app he's talking about. When he says it has no swipe input, I think he means it doesn't function like swift keyboard. But Priv is supposed to have BlackBerry 10 keyboard.
    Attachment 375502

Posted via CB10
    I hope your right, but we still haven't seen or heard about a proper work suggestion on the VKB only on the PKB. Maybe they will leave like on the Passport to go with the PKB.
    10-12-15 10:43 AM
    I am only speaking for myself here but I agree with the comment by another poster that many of us would like to see the same functionality of the Hub in the Priv.

The one thing that has always drawn me to BlackBerry is how certain apps--because they are just apps--feel and function as though they are built into the OS; a part of the phone and the Hub is a further extension of that. On BB10 you do not need specific email client apps or SMS apps, those communications are done directly through the Hub. Even BBM acts this way, too. Suffice to say I have never used any one "app" on any mobile device or desktop/laptop as much as I do with the Hub as email is huge part of my day. My concern is the the Hub on the Priv may actually turn out to be just an aggregation zone and nothing more. The Hub itself pretty much defines my BB10 experience and I don't want to push buttons to navigate to an app that would ultimately only send to me to another app anyways.

Android has its own notification center which incidentally has very similar "Hub" functionality right from the lock screen. I would imagine BlackBerry to put some extra umph into the Hub or else it would just be another app that may ultimately prove to be seen as "BlackBerry bloatware" if not well implemented.

I was among the first wave to buy a BB10 handset and as such my contract has ended I have been month-to-month for awhile now. My Z10 is still holding strong but it is beginning to act a little finicky here and there; not sure if it will handle the 10.3.3 update but who knows. My money is not burning a hole in my pocket for a new phone, but when I think over the next two years I kinda would like a new handset and it's either going to be the Priv or a Passport. Knowing what the Hub is all about on Android would help me make my decision... ...and sooner.
    I think everybody here would love to see a in-depth review. But we are talking about Leaks, and for a leak, this is pretty much great! Try to find iphone leaks like this one lol
    10-12-15 11:12 AM
    And when was the Lumia 950 with the same specs launched? 5 days ago.
    To be fair, Lumias are not competing against a slew of other aggressive competitors running the same OS. That is the price to go Android - the hardware spec race doesn't mean a lifetime of a year but the months until a competitor pops off a new model.

BBRY will absolutely have to crank up its software and the experience to rise above the noise. And customer service. Unfortunately, these areas are not precisely ones that the company has shown much strength in the past.
    10-12-15 11:16 AM
    OMG the specs are fine. like i said mid to high is great for a BB especially if releasing in a month or less. Can we please move on already lol. The specs arent going to be what makes this phone sell or not. Its going to be the software and keyboard.
    10-12-15 11:31 AM
    OMG the specs are fine. like i said mid to high is great for a BB especially if releasing in a month or less. Can we please move on already lol. The specs arent going to be what makes this phone sell or not. Its going to be the software and keyboard.
    Yup I really want it because of the form factor I like slider, if BlackBerry release full touch android I don't think I will buy it..i will take the one plus two instead.
    slade632 likes this.
    10-12-15 11:38 AM
    I agree. Software and Keyboard will be what make people want this over any other Android. I do think the screen is very important too. Not that people care for actual specs, but the customer likes the phone with the nicest screen in store. If the screen is super nice the phone has to be good! Or so is the mentality I think.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 11:57 AM
    Future proof what? a device that (if sucessfull) is going to be replaced the next year and has the latest specs? Top end phones have a 1 year lifespan before the next comes out.

What you're saying makes no sense. Dude... they are RELEASING the device in the next couple of weeks! in 2015 not 2016! You won't see the SD820 this year, probabily you will only see the first SD820 in the middle of next year.....
    In order for the Priv to have any lifespan, it needs to be released to market first. Based on what we're seeing leaking out, that's going to be awhile yet.

We're possibly looking at the very last BB branded phone that will ever be made. At a premium price.
    10-12-15 12:01 PM
284 ... 7891011 ...