Number 3 is wrong for now, the good virtual keyboard is missing.

"The onscreen keyboard was completely replaced with a new app, which sadly lacks features like Swipe input."
    He clearly doesn't know what the BlackBerry 10 keyboard is. It's probably the new app he's talking about. When he says it has no swipe input, I think he means it doesn't function like swift keyboard. But Priv is supposed to have BlackBerry 10 keyboard.
    (First?) Priv Review!-image-2015-08-30-10.38.59-am.png

Posted via CB10
    david7saad likes this.
    10-11-15 07:18 PM
    Palm Pre??? Someone get this man a new phone! I still pull mine out of my electronics drawer to see the best mobile OS ever. All these years later and these OSes still can't multitask like WebOS. It was just ahead of its time. Sorry guys, back to the topic at hand.
    Mine's on my desk, still charging on my Touchstone dock. It's my Skype handset.
    10-11-15 07:32 PM
    Any of the crackberrys can read more out of the exif data of the original photos (which could be edited of course). Perhaps those are of interest, but i'm just Pre user with limited knowledge:

Model:STV100-4
    --> seems to be a newer PRIV version, right? Or is the -4 only regional version?

Software:IMX230-S-13
    --> seems to be Sonys Exmor RS IMX230*like in Z4 (if this will be in the final model)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    This is most certainly very interesting.

For BlackBerry, the last digit denotes the baseband configuration, i.e. this should be the global GSM model.

You guys going to try to port LunaOS over to this?
    10-11-15 07:34 PM
    What Blackberry device is available right now that even features and 808/810 soc?

None. Zip. Nada. Zilch.

What Blackberry is going to be available in the next six months that will feature an 810/820?

None. Zip. Nada. Zilch.

What next Gen Android flagship will be available, starting in the spring of 2016, that will feature a next gen processor greater than the 810? Samsung.

When is the Priv going to be released?

Unknown.

That's my whole point. The priv will be outdated on arrival. Everybody else will already be moving on or in the final planning stages of next gen devices.

BlackBerry? This may well be their very last handset. Outdated on release, at a premium cost. Ouch.
    You are changing the conversation.

You made light of the Priv, saying it had 2014 specs. That's all I'm addressing.

For the 3rd time, I'm asking you what Android device has 2015 specs?

Here is your original comment I responded to - so long ago. ONLY this one:

"As expected (sadly), the device is ALREADY technologically outdated ...
    We're going on 2016 here soon, NOT 2014."

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    10-11-15 07:36 PM
    Sorry to rain on your parade, but your full of it, They already started listing accessories, and the Priv passed FCC so that means they can release it any time now. So what reason would they have to delay the launch. And don't say because of software, they are obliged to submit the phone to FCC with the Version which will be released, other wise they would have to retest the phone. I think your a troll and trying to get a attention.
    anon4226395 likes this.
    10-11-15 07:52 PM
    He clearly doesn't know what the BlackBerry 10 keyboard is. It's probably the new app he's talking about. When he says it has no swipe input, I think he means it doesn't function like swift keyboard. But Priv is supposed to have BlackBerry 10 keyboard.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 2015-08-30 at 10.38.59 AM.png 
Views:	700 
Size:	303.3 KB 
ID:	375502

Posted via CB10
    keep dreaming.
    10-11-15 07:53 PM
    It will be priced too high, north of $700.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 07:53 PM
    Android virtual keyboard, dust in the slider, 2014 spec, this phone is not for me...and they target High end price...the game is over for BlackBerry hardware

Posted via CB10
    Oh wow...I need to read this review. Man, I just watch the video of Chen and started to lean towards the Priv. If the key board does not have predictive text like my Z30 and is dated already I will pass.
    10-11-15 07:55 PM
    Sorry to rain on your parade, but your full of it, They already started listing accessories, and the Priv passed FCC so that means they can release it any time now. So what reason would they have to delay the launch. And don't say because of software, they are obliged to submit the phone to FCC with the Version which will be released, other wise they would have to retest the phone. I think your a troll and trying to get a attention.
    When was that? I only see the Passport SE under L6A. You mean Bluetooth SIG?
    10-11-15 07:56 PM
    I feel like I'm missing something...

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 07:56 PM

You made light of the Priv, saying it had 2014 specs. That's all I'm addressing.

I think that you and I are talking about different matters here. The Priv is supposed to be BlackBerry's 2015-2016 flagship phone. A device that, if successful, is supposed to carry the handset business into the fall of 2016 (we're looking at about a year now since the Passport was released to market). I am not saying that the Priv is going to be some sort of non-functioning junker, rather I am stating that this device is supposed to have an operational lifetime based on hardware (and a design process) that's a generation behind the leading Android vendors that BlackBerry is going up against.

In of itself, that's not a handicap. Charging a premium price for a device that is presumably on a slower HW/SW refresh rate than, say, Galaxy phones, IS a handicap.
    10-11-15 08:03 PM
    Palm Pre??? Someone get this man a new phone! I still pull mine out of my electronics drawer to see the best mobile OS ever. All these years later and these OSes still can't multitask like WebOS. It was just ahead of its time. Sorry guys, back to the topic at hand.
    May I join you at the Palm table? *pets my Pixi Plus*

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    gizmo21, tp2386 and MO3iusONE like this.
    10-11-15 08:05 PM

I agree. You've called him out on this point correctly. And he hasn't addressed it. He was incorrect.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 08:05 PM
    keep dreaming.
    About photo evidence...and people reporting the keyboard is there? What am I dreaming about?

Again, you make comments that don't make sense and provide no evidence.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 08:07 PM
    Manufacturing the thing, building inventory so that when it goes on sale it's not sold out immediately.
    10-11-15 08:22 PM
    Already passed FCC? This is news to me
    10-11-15 08:46 PM
    It will be priced too high, north of $700.

Posted via CB10
    In china priv wil cost $630 USD

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Rumor...30-USD_id74604
    10-11-15 08:52 PM
    From the leaks it looks like a f2.2 aperture which is kinda low compared to LG�s 1.8 and Samsung's 1.9.

Hopefully really good software or wrong info

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-11-15 08:53 PM

But it hasn't passed. The FCC ID numbers are known, but they haven't passed it as of yet publicly and even then, likely still have to wait and see what version was submitted as the confidentiality agreements will lock up that info to the point no one will care enough / remember to go back and look at it lol.
    10-11-15 09:39 PM
    keep dreaming.
    About what? The Priv is getting the BB10 keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 10:51 PM
    About what? The Priv is getting the BB10 keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    an apk of it, sure. keep dreaming in the sense that people think the BB10 experience will translate exactly. but that wasn't directed to you, you just interjected.
    10-11-15 10:55 PM
    an apk of it, sure. keep dreaming in the sense that people think the BB10 experience will translate exactly. but that wasn't directed to you, you just interjected.
    Yes, it will be an APK. All I was saying was that it will have the BlackBerry 10 keyboard. I made no comment about the BlackBerry 10 experience at all. Literally. Just said the keyboard will be there.

It's a little hard to interject in a public forum fostering open discussion. Even harder to interject when one of your posts is being directly quoted. But Ok.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-11-15 11:01 PM
    Yes, it will be an APK. All I was saying was that it will have the BlackBerry 10 keyboard. I made no comment about the BlackBerry 10 experience at all. Literally. Just said the keyboard will be there.

It's a little hard to interject in a public forum fostering open discussion. Even harder to interject when one of your posts is being directly quoted. But Ok.

Posted via CB10
    well that's what i'm saying. sorry i didn't elaborate enough. can we move past this already.
    10-11-15 11:05 PM
    well that's what i'm saying. sorry i didn't elaborate enough. can we move past this already.
    Sure no problem.

Thanks for your input about the BlackBerry 10 experience. I do agree with you that we won't have it on Priv. As sad as that will be. I just hope Hub and notifications are decent.

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    10-11-15 11:24 PM
    Model:STV100-4
    --> seems to be a newer PRIV version, right? Or is the -4 only regional version?
    STV100-4 is a regional version. There is also a STV100-1 and a STV100-3.
    10-11-15 11:36 PM
284 ... 678910 ...