Not a good reviewer, not show vkb bb10's photo and hub on priv?
    But love those camera pics.
    10-11-15 04:43 PM
    So, today, only Apple has a 2015 phone in your eyes?

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    No, today only Apple offers devices that can reasonably demand premium prices. I don't favor the iPhone personally, but I do credit Apple for producing a solid handset, supported by best in class servicing, in addition to the most expansive app and accessory ecosystem on the market.
    00stryder likes this.
    10-11-15 04:46 PM
    Except they gave us no information we didn't already have.

This wasn't a review, I do not believe they have the device for a second.

Posted via CB10
    The date on the phone is in German on September 29th, so they definitely had the phone, it just wasn't a well done review.
    10-11-15 04:47 PM
    No, today only Apple offers devices that can reasonably demand premium prices. I don't favor the iPhone personally, but I do credit Apple for producing a solid handset, supported by best in class servicing, in addition to the most expansive app and accessory ecosystem on the market.
    So name a 2015 Android device you can buy today. You keep saying the Priv is 2014.

The Big Picture likes this.
    10-11-15 04:49 PM
    A piece of junk. Horrible design. It would be great if now would be 2008s.
    Chen, now is 2015, not 2008s!

Posted via CB10
    You should be a stand-up comedian.
    Xaiux likes this.
    10-11-15 04:54 PM
    1. Thanks for sharing!
    2. Great battery life!
    3. BlackBerry virtual keyboard is going to be there!
    4. Camera low light function still needs optimization
    5. Light skin on pure Android! Great.
    6. Lags... needs optimization
    7. Tough for one hand use... I guess this is a phablet.
    8. No word on HUB? Probably because the reviewer has never used HUB before and didn't look into it
    9. Notification on the curve not working yet
    10. Audio/volume is decent.
    11. BlackBerry contact app is there!

Don't like the lag and don't like the low light camera performance... but both can be fixed by software... just don't know how good Android talents in BlackBerry are.

I hope BlackBerry Remember app is there too.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    Number 3 is wrong for now, the good virtual keyboard is missing.

"The onscreen keyboard was completely replaced with a new app, which sadly lacks features like Swipe input."
    10-11-15 05:01 PM

The first look is "fair", in a sense that an average person picking up the phone and looking at it, i.e. doesn't care about the hub, didn't look at keyboard, and not knowing about the phone. And definitely more used to consumer devices when he thinks "rubbery" means cheap. Clearly never handled a ThinkPad before.
    If we saw one leak I could buy that but at this stage we are on six or seven and Isn't it funny however how everyone who get their hands on a demo unit always mentions the hub but mysteriously to a man every single leaker never takes a photo of it or discusses it in detail. I've also noticed that while they happy to answer questions, they always avoid any questions about the hub.

Yes I know you've said its likely set-up with accounts but it's odd they don't even attempt to provide any information about it - even a short description.

What an odd coincidence...

Anyway I believe the X-files is back in 2016.
    JGoodard and 00stryder like this.
    10-11-15 05:12 PM
    How are all of these odd sources getting preproduction units? The author has obviously never used a BlackBerry certainly not a bb10 device. I would think BlackBerry would very picky about who received a preview unit, but a German newspaper and a third party reseller have already, I assume, broken a NDA.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 05:14 PM
    he announced at the annual shareholders meeting passport and classic were going to launch in the fall. I think passport made it like on the first day of fall but the classic was over 2 months later in mid december.
    Well, IF what you say is true, and that is an IF because I honestly don't know the dates, "mid december" is still Fall. So, by your own admission it was on-time. So my original question remains sans an answer.
    10-11-15 05:36 PM
    How are all of these odd sources getting preproduction units? The author has obviously never used a BlackBerry certainly not a bb10 device. I would think BlackBerry would very picky about who received a preview unit, but a German newspaper and a third party reseller have already, I assume, broken a NDA.

Posted via CB10
    The newspaper and Baka probably never got anything from BlackBerry direct. Random encounter or know someone working at BlackBerry who has a pre-production unit. Or if you want to pile on to the conspiracy theory, those guys were sent by BlackBerry to leak it to various outlets.

Anything is possible.
    10-11-15 05:37 PM
    So name a 2015 Android device you can buy today. You keep saying the Priv is 2014.

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 for starters. LG G4 is going cheap at less than $500 UNLOCKED through various channels. Galaxy S6 is already under $600, also unlocked. You can purchase a Moto X Pure edition (2015), right now, with comparable specs to the upcoming Priv, starting at just $400.

All the above devices are slated for replacements starting in April of 2016 with Samsung. That's less than six, maybe even less than five months after the presumed (and who really knows) launch of the Priv (assuming a November market availability date). We can reasonably expect upcoming support for USB C and Android M on all of these upcoming flagship devices.

Blackberry? Any word from Blackberry on Android M? Is the Priv going to be stuck on Lollipop? What's the upgrade process for this device? Is there any?

I know it looks as if I bashing on BB. I'm not. As a BB fan myself, I'm simply comparing the upcoming Priv to what's already available in Android, and I am seeing comparable offerings at better prices. Prices that will only drop even further come this November and December. I just don't see where the Priv can successfully fit in this high end Android market. Other than the KB, what's the enticement to actually by a Priv? There's that little matter of manufacturer support in addition.
    Last edited by JGoodard; 10-11-15 at 06:05 PM.
    10-11-15 05:42 PM
    I hope this doesn't make it to production:

http://i.imgur.com/Qrqbyr1.jpg
    That's actually the shape of the keys, they have a slanted design, it's like this on my passport as well, I think the angle of the shot doesn't do a good job of showing it but all the keys have the same angles based on which side of the keyboard they are on.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 05:45 PM
    Well, IF what you say is true, and that is an IF because I honestly don't know the dates, "mid december" is still Fall. So, by your own admission it was on-time. So my original question remains sans an answer.
    I think he mentioned November at one point down the line and I think that is why December was "late" but don't remember exactly.
    10-11-15 05:46 PM
    @JGoodard - You are definitely *not* getting the ability to store apps on an SD card for the new generation of flagships that will be coming in 2016. Where are you getting such nonsense, really? Samsung is extremely unlikely to make a 180 pivot back to SD cards. Other Android manufacturers don't really matter, but if you were to say count LG, that would make all of 1 relevant flagship with SD support.
    10-11-15 05:46 PM

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 for starters. LG G4 is going cheap at less than $500 UNLOCKED through various channels. Galaxy S6 is already under $600, also unlocked. You can purchase a Moto X Pure edition (2015), right now, with comparable specs to the upcoming Priv, starting at just $400.
    You haven't mentioned a single device that is ahead of the 808/810. The Exynos 7420 is comparable.

So I ask again, what Android device is out right now ahead of the 808/810/Exynos 7420 and is considered 2015?

10-11-15 05:53 PM
    @JGoodard - You are definitely *not* getting the ability to store apps on an SD card for the new generation of flagships that will be coming in 2016. Where are you getting such nonsense, really? Samsung is extremely unlikely to make a 180 pivot back to SD cards. Other Android manufacturers don't really matter, but if you were to say count LG, that would make all of 1 relevant flagship with SD support.
    Samsung's sales are in free fall in the face of Apple's continuing onslaught. Samsung is all over the board with their phones and designs. We can't rule anything out with Samsung. They will do anything to compete with Apple. Samsung may be failing, even flailing, but they do have the cash to keep trying. For now. And they are going to continue trying.
    10-11-15 05:56 PM
    Any of the crackberrys can read more out of the exif data of the original photos (which could be edited of course). Perhaps those are of interest, but i'm just Pre user with limited knowledge:

Model:STV100-4
    --> seems to be a newer PRIV version, right? Or is the -4 only regional version?

Software:IMX230-S-13
    --> seems to be Sonys Exmor RS IMX230*like in Z4 (if this will be in the final model)

----------

Makeunknown-1
    ModelSTV100-4
    Exposure1/60
    Aperture2.2
    Focal Length4.8 mm
    ISO Speed252
    FlashOff, Did not fire
    Author and Copyright
    Copyright not found.
    EXIF
    ModifyDate2015:09:29 12:04:26
    GPSAltitudeRefUnknown (2.2)
    ModelSTV100-4

EXIF
    ModifyDate2015:09:29 12:04:26
    GPSAltitudeRefUnknown (2.2)
    ModelSTV100-4
    YCbCrPositioningCentered
    ResolutionUnitinches
    YResolution72
    SoftwareIMX230-S-13
    ColorSpacesRGB
    CreateDate2015:09:29 12:04:26
    FNumber2.2
    FocalLength4.8 mm
    ApertureValue2.2
    ExposureModeAuto
    SubSecTimeDigitized245155
    ExifImageHeight3672
    FocalLengthIn35mmFormat27 mm
    SceneCaptureTypeStandard
    SceneTypeDirectly photographed
    SubSecTimeOriginal245155
    ExposureProgramNot Defined
    WhiteBalanceAuto
    ExifImageWidth4896
    SubSecTime245155
    ShutterSpeedValue1/60
    MeteringModeCenter-weighted average
    DateTimeOriginal2015:09:29 12:04:26
    ComponentsConfigurationY, Cb, Cr, -
    FlashOff, Did not fire
    ExifVersion0220
    InteropIndexR98 - DCF basic file (sRGB)
    InteropVersion0100
    BrightnessValue1.87
    ISO252
    SensingMethodOne-chip color area
    FlashpixVersion0100
    ExposureTime1/60
    XResolution72
    Makeunknown-1
    ThumbnailLength24917
    ThumbnailOffset814
    CompressionJPEG (old-style)

metapicz.com/#landing?imgsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fimages.derstandard.a t%2F2015%2F09%2F30%2FIMG201509291204264.jpg

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Last edited by gizmo21; 10-11-15 at 06:34 PM.
    10-11-15 06:02 PM
    You haven't mentioned a single device that is ahead of the 808/810. The Exynos 7420 is comparable.

So I ask again, what Android device is out right now ahead of the 808/810/Exynos 7420 and is considered 2015?

What Blackberry device is available right now that even features and 808/810 soc?

None. Zip. Nada. Zilch.

What Blackberry is going to be available in the next six months that will feature an 810/820?

None. Zip. Nada. Zilch.

What next Gen Android flagship will be available, starting in the spring of 2016, that will feature a next gen processor greater than the 810? Samsung.

When is the Priv going to be released?

Unknown.

That's my whole point. The priv will be outdated on arrival. Everybody else will already be moving on or in the final planning stages of next gen devices.

BlackBerry? This may well be their very last handset. Outdated on release, at a premium cost. Ouch.
    10-11-15 06:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    An Austrian Newspaper not German, Still some oddball reviews.

.at= Austria
    .de= Deutschland
    10-11-15 06:05 PM
    That's actually the shape of the keys, they have a slanted design, it's like this on my passport as well, I think the angle of the shot doesn't do a good job of showing it but all the keys have the same angles based on which side of the keyboard they are on.

Posted via CB10
    Well look closely, the key looks like it's turned and peeling. I don't see that on my Classic.

I hope it's just an optical illusion and not an actual keyboard falling apart.
    10-11-15 06:07 PM
    If we saw one leak I could buy that but at this stage we are on six or seven and Isn't it funny however how everyone who get their hands on a demo unit always mentions the hub but mysteriously to a man every single leaker never takes a photo of it or discusses it in detail. I've also noticed that while they happy to answer questions, they always avoid any questions about the hub.

Yes I know you've said its likely set-up with accounts but it's odd they don't even attempt to provide any information about it - even a short description.

What an odd coincidence... .
    It's actually all fairly consistent with pre-production units in the field for testing without the final software.

If BlackBerry had been able to stick to their planned schedule, and not had to deal with so much leaked information, they might still not have been ready to even announce the device at this point.

I'm prepared to wait for Bla1ze's (or anyone else's) review of an officially released final production PRIV before I jumped to any firm conclusions.
    howarmat likes this.
    10-11-15 06:26 PM
    The first Priv review that I could find, with photos and more details on the phone:

Priv: Hands on with Blackberry's first Android phone - Android - derStandard.at ? Web
    BBOS10 never made it outside bbfans is it wasn't handled by most carriers, people didn't even know BB was still a functioning company.
    10-11-15 06:48 PM
    Number 3 is wrong for now, the good virtual keyboard is missing.

"The onscreen keyboard was completely replaced with a new app, which sadly lacks features like Swipe input."
    I interpreted it as, BlackBerry VKB app is there and but not as good as swipy. I know many Swipy users think Swipy is the best VKB, so I am not surprised he said that about BlackBerry VKB. For me though, the fact that the BlackBerry VKB is there is enough... I know I love it.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    Xaiux and 1Criz like this.
    10-11-15 06:50 PM

What an odd coincidence...

Anyway I believe the X-files is back in 2016.
    Glad I'm not the only one with a tinfoil hat. Pull up a chair and grab some more popcorn!

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 06:52 PM
    Any of the crackberrys can read more out of the exif data of the original photos (which could be edited of course). Perhaps those are of interest, but i'm just Pre user with limited knowledge:

metapicz.com/#landing?imgsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fimages.derstandard.a t%2F2015%2F09%2F30%2FIMG201509291204264.jpg

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm Pre??? Someone get this man a new phone! I still pull mine out of my electronics drawer to see the best mobile OS ever. All these years later and these OSes still can't multitask like WebOS. It was just ahead of its time. Sorry guys, back to the topic at hand.
    gizmo21 likes this.
    10-11-15 06:56 PM
284 ... 56789 ...