Cool... but the review wasn't made by anyone from crackberry, it was made by a ramdom guy that probabily never touched a Blackberry device, and has no idea what the hub is or that it even exists. He didn't show pretty much anything software side, it's not like he did a deep insight reveiw of everything but didn't show the hub...

You guys should calm down, because the hub is just the hub, it agregates messages and notifications from other apps, so how different you expect android hub to be? do you expect it to print beer? I'm expecting Android Hub to just do what it does, gather notifications and messages in 1 place, it's the same Blackberry that did BB10 hub developing it, not other company.

So it should be as good, if not better.
    I think people hope that the Hub will work the same as on BB10 and have the same features. At the same time the hub on BB10 has more features now than when it was released. People don't want to go backward.

People have good reason to want to see it just like you like to talk about the cameras. Just because it isn't as important to you doesn't mean that you should dismiss it they way you do.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 10:27 AM
    "...expected to launch early 2016."

Awww...

*C5303
    Not knowing anything about the reviewer obviously, but 72 hours ago in the Code/Mobile interview, Chen said "this year", which I prefer to believe:

Ina Fried: "So the phone's coming out later this year?"

Chen: �Yeah, later this year. We're working with carriers now"
    anon4226395, 00stryder and Xaiux like this.
    10-11-15 10:29 AM
    I've been following BlackBerry long enough to strongly suspect that Priv has been delayed.

Before you all say "it can't be delayed because BlackBerry hasn't announced a date yet," what I mean is that it has been delayed internally. In other words, BlackBerry projected an announcement and release date would be public by now.

All these leaks and Chen nervously sputtering his mouth off is how BlackBerry behaves when it wants to make you think that all is well.

It is sad because like most things BlackBerry, there are some great ideas but many of them will be poorly executed or shelved.

Why with all these "leaks" has no one bothered to showcase the main feature of the device, the one that distinguishes it from the other Android phones out there? Of course, I mean the Hub? This resulted in Chen showing the device but choosing to open Chrome?

I hope I am wrong but I am starting to feel like we are watching another, maybe the final, BlackBerry car wreck slowly unfold.

Posted via CB10
    It is kind of obvious they are stuck with software and they will release it unpolished. Thats the price you pay when you want to play Android game. Polishing the turd that Goolge made so hard to polish unless you run Google Edition is a game you cant win. LG is the only one that came close. BlackBerry would need top Android talent to pull this off.

I said it before that I expect all of their Android apps and features to be half baked upon release but unlike BB10 its a big question mark if they will ever get it right.
    JGoodard likes this.
    10-11-15 10:36 AM
    I think people hope that the Hub will work the same as on BB10 and have the same features. At the same time the hub on BB10 has more features now than when it was released. People don't want to go backward.

People have good reason to want to see it just like you like to talk about the cameras. Just because it isn't as important to you doesn't mean that you should dismiss it they way you do.

Posted via CB10
    Sure it's important to me, I've been saying since we saw the "venice" that what makes me tied to blackberry is the PKB and the Hub, now I know it's there on Android wich makes me happy, since I stated many times, not having hub, has been a deal breaker in any other brand of phones so far.

The bennefict of having the Hub on the phone will be more or less the same regardlessof the gestures. Sure, the peek&flow might give an edge in accessibility, but even if those are not present, the big benefict is being able to have everything in 1 place, and that will be there for sure, because that's all the hub does.

I want to see how it works too, but I'm not raging, going crazy just because an average guy that got a pre-release phone it it's hands didn't show a feature that the (irrelevant) blackberry comunity wants to see. I bet 99% of smartphone users don't even know such thing liek the Hub even exists.
    10-11-15 10:43 AM
    I'm still going with the "controlled leak by BlackBerry" theory, I think the exclusion of the Hub and other differentiating features is intentional. What's more, I think that the pre-production devices that these guys have access to are also deliberate.

Remember the Dev Alpha's before the Z10 was announced? Nearly identical hardware (just a better shell, increased ram) but we never actually saw the Z10 before the announcement event.

The Priv is likely nearly identical hardware-wise to these devices, which we would expect, but the final software features have been held closely guarded until showtime. I'd be more concerned with how polished the OS is, for example that odd orange/red bar at the bottom of the software keyboard we saw in a leaked photo a while back. This reviewer didn't make any mention of it so perhaps that photo was from a very old software revision. The Hub is definitely there in some capacity, it's just a matter of how polished/matured they have it now.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 10:48 AM
    First off, I don't see why this is seen as a review, for me it's nothing more than a bad description of the device accompanied by some photos. Even the way it was wrote is bad and doesn't really bring anything new aside from some fresh photos.
    Related to the lag, I have yet to see an android phone that didn't lag occasionally, most recently I noticed the S6 edge lag a bit more than it was necessary. Until we get a proper hands on video that will go through a few apps (android and bb dedicated ones) I see no need to create impressions related to what's on the phone and what's not (in terms of apps) or how it performs.
    I will buy this phone no matter the price since it's something totally different than what we are already used to (all touch screens).

LE: I wonder what version it's running since the battery charging option that appeared in other leaks is not present in this one (as the "reviewer" mentioned).
    10-11-15 10:49 AM
    This clearly turning out to be some sort of sick joke from BlackBerry no official date for the so called phone which will saved them from all they misery
    It's time to go Johnny Boy time is running for you and your hopeless dream.

''Splendiferousness'' is not even a word that I use to decide my passport
    10-11-15 10:49 AM

This review concludes with the fact once again that this phone is meant for a specific audience (business) and not a broad audience (general public, typical); which has been mentioned time and time again yet the majority on here still seem to treat this phone as if it were a true consumer's device. Yet those aspects that would appeal to the business world are also typical of what attracts BB10 to the diehards in general.
    BlackBerry is a niche brand. Their phones are always addressed as a business phone or is meant for a specific audience, which is in Niche market.

The specs of Priv, however, dictates a different story since this is the first time BlackBerry is releasing a spec-bumped-up phone that can compete with 2014's flagship devices. Yet if Priv fails, they can always get away with the"this device is for a niche market " argument, Now where does the "consumer grade device" came from? It's from them bumping up the specs and using android OS. What more a consumer outside BES can expect this phone for? Security? Unless you're inside BES 12, they can never be confident enough that this phone can be secured.
    10-11-15 10:52 AM
    Or, the leaks have been controlled leaks.

Or, the hub isn't working properly yet.

Or, the hub isn't installed on these devices yet.

Or ______________.

There are many possibilities, which is why it was wrong for you to say that people should stop asking about it.

Posted via CB10
    The Hub, keyboard are from BlackBerry Experience Suite bundle. I think it's just logical to consider that the hub and other features are still not there. How else can BlackBerry sell BESuite if they gonna give it free? For sure it will be pre-installed at launch with, but subscription payment.
    10-11-15 11:09 AM
    Btw, aren't you all tired of this specs race? Why should I care if the priv has 2014 specs if it will run smooth and without any lag? If it's going to be optimized really good than there shouldn't be any issue with the hw (look at the ms phones and iphone).
    This spec race is getting really old, 4 GB of RAM, hexa core, etc, boring, boring, boring. I agree that most consumers are attracted by high end specs, just because they are on the phone but regular folks should't care that much if the priv has top of the line 2015 specs or 2014 ones.
    10-11-15 11:10 AM
    Not the most positive review. If accurate hopefully BlackBerry is addressing some of the short comings.

I want this phone but if the reviews and my own impression are luke warm I'm not buying. Very happy with my Z30 still for now.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    10-11-15 11:12 AM
    Not the most positive review. If accurate hopefully BlackBerry is addressing some of the short comings.

I want this phone but if the reviews and my own impression are luke warm I'm not buying. Very happy with my Z30 still for now.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    Software-wise, all we've seen so far is a Snapdragon 808 device running Lollipop. Might as well be looking at a LG G4.

We haven't really seen any of the BlackBerry software yet. That's where it will get interesting.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    10-11-15 11:16 AM
    No mention about Hub and emailing app from BB 10 OS. We need these two apps on Privy else no sense in moving from BB10 OS.

Z30 10.3.2.2789 thru CB10
    10-11-15 11:17 AM
    Just hope they iron out as many bugs as possible and clear the lag, Android is known to lag but the LG G4 has kinda cracked it hope BB are just as good but doubt it as it's the first go at the os. Also the camera hopefully software is too standard and makes the best of the lens unlike previous blackberrys

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-11-15 11:20 AM
    Software-wise, all we've seen so far is a Snapdragon 808 device running Lollipop. Might as well be looking at a LG G4.

We haven't really seen any of the BlackBerry software yet. That's where it will get interesting.

But what if it's the same price as the G4? Still G4? I'd take the keyboard.
    10-11-15 11:24 AM
    Android virtual keyboard, dust in the slider, 2014 spec, this phone is not for me...and they target High end price...the game is over for BlackBerry hardware

Posted via CB10
    It has BlackBerry virtual keyboard. And the specs are 2015. He said it benchmarked with a score close to a 2017 phone. It's running unfinished unoptimized software. Not a fair test.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 11:26 AM
    But what if it's the same price as the G4? Still G4? I'd take the keyboard.
    I was just referring to the usefulness of these so-called "hands-on" reviews. We haven't seen the keyboard in use, or any BlackBerry Software. So it might as well be a review of the G4.

10-11-15 11:26 AM
    I was just referring to the usefulness of these so-called "hands-on" reviews.

Ah. But I wasn't kidding about the price.
    10-11-15 11:27 AM
    I'm getting bored.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 11:33 AM
    Why not? It's nice to have shift and sym keys...

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    The sym key is broken

Posted via The OG Passport
    10-11-15 11:37 AM
    Just hope they iron out as many bugs as possible and clear the lag, Android is known to lag but the LG G4 has kinda cracked it hope BB are just as good but doubt it as it's the first go at the os. Also the camera hopefully software is too standard and makes the best of the lens unlike previous blackberrys

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    My wife uses a Nexus 5 and has for several years. It doesn't lag at all.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 11:40 AM
    That's because people keep using heavily skinned versions of Android cough LG and Samsung and when they base their impression of Android on that then of course they'll say it's laggy.
    Xaiux likes this.
    10-11-15 11:44 AM
    Not the best of reviews this phone don't look much promising? It's taken BlackBerry over nearly one year to make a total failure All hopes are gone.

''Splendiferousness'' is not even a word that I use to decide my passport
    Based off one review. Shiit, I guess BlackBerry 10 was DOA.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 11:58 AM
    My wife uses a Nexus 5 and has for several years. It doesn't lag at all.

Posted via CB10
    Strangely my friend with a Nex 5 and he was complaining about lags on 5.0. He told me it was the reason he didn't upgrade to the further versions.
    10-11-15 12:02 PM
    When was the last time BlackBerry deliver something on time ?

Posted via CB10
    When was the last time they didn't release on time? Keep in mind, fan site rumors DO NOT count.
    10-11-15 12:05 PM
284 ... 23456 ...