When was the last time BlackBerry deliver something on time ?

Posted via CB10
    They only have to deliver just before the Christmas holidays. If they miss that mark, then the phone becomes irrelevant within the start of new calendar year.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    DJM626 and winscott63 like this.
    10-11-15 07:24 AM
    They only have to deliver just before the Christmas holidays. If they miss that mark, then the phone becomes irrelevant within the start of new calendar year.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    It will become irrelevant past November.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder and TGR1 like this.
    10-11-15 07:41 AM
    Android virtual keyboard, dust in the slider, 2014 spec, this phone is not for me...and they target High end price...the game is over for BlackBerry hardware

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 07:52 AM
    Not the best of reviews this phone don't look much promising? It's taken BlackBerry over nearly one year to make a total failure All hopes are gone.

''Splendiferousness'' is not even a word that I use to decide my passport
    10-11-15 07:55 AM
    BlackBerry website says coming this fall. So thats not early 2016

Posted via CB10
    It could be coming this fall... in shopBlackBerry, then it will be available on other countries 2-3 months after the launch.
    10-11-15 08:01 AM
    I've been following BlackBerry long enough to strongly suspect that Priv has been delayed.

Before you all say "it can't be delayed because BlackBerry hasn't announced a date yet," what I mean is that it has been delayed internally. In other words, BlackBerry projected an announcement and release date would be public by now.

All these leaks and Chen nervously sputtering his mouth off is how BlackBerry behaves when it wants to make you think that all is well.

It is sad because like most things BlackBerry, there are some great ideas but many of them will be poorly executed or shelved.

Why with all these "leaks" has no one bothered to showcase the main feature of the device, the one that distinguishes it from the other Android phones out there? Of course, I mean the Hub? This resulted in Chen showing the device but choosing to open Chrome?

I hope I am wrong but I am starting to feel like we are watching another, maybe the final, BlackBerry car wreck slowly unfold.

Posted via CB10
    Of course it will get delayed. They want a smooth OS and they chose Android to bring their BES features. What more can you expect from Android? Same old lagging stories...
    10-11-15 08:06 AM
    I am really surprised that none of the reviews mentions hub, shows how it works, or describes in depth other BlackBerry specific functions, except for Protect.
    Are those not planned or still in development and therefore not installed?
    On the other side, first photos which caused me to say, wow this is good looking phone. The weave back looks great!
    If BlackBerry makes change of OS to BB10 possible (highly unlikely in my opinion) I would buy one.

Posted via CB10
    chalx likes this.
    10-11-15 08:06 AM
    I doubt it's a real review, looks more he find info about the phone and write about it.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 08:12 AM
    Pretty fair review of an evaluation unit. Honest and too the point. Still sounds interesting. A little disappointed that the z10 touch screen keyboard isn't there but, full qwerty....

Wondering how the think tanks picked and sifted through which pieces they wanted and discarded.

Can't wait to try it out and see for myself.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-11-15 08:12 AM
    I am really surprised that none of the reviews mentions hub, shows how it works, or describes in depth other BlackBerry specific functions, except for Protect.
    Are those not planned or still in development and therefore not installed?
    On the other side, first photos which caused me to say, wow this is good looking phone. The weave back looks great!
    If BlackBerry makes change of OS to BB10 possible (highly unlikely in my opinion) I would buy one.

Posted via CB10
    This isn't a real review per se... think of it more as a first look by an average phone user.

The device is focussed on privacy protection – hence the name – but should also satisfy with powerful hardware. The WebStandard managed to get hold of a Priv to do a short hands-on.
    As the hands-on lasted only a short time, we cannot provide reliable statements regarding the battery runtime
    Doesn't show the hub because it's likely set up with someone's data. Just like the Reddit "hands-on".

And by average, I mean VERY average. Guy doesn't even know that in Android you can install third party keyboards, so his point about Swype is irrelevant.
    10-11-15 08:25 AM
    Ugh. Why not just do a video walk through instead of a worthless review that adds nothing? That is the fail here.
    10-11-15 08:45 AM
    I would agree with the statement that this device will only appeal to a certain market, of which many people are already using Blackberry, time will tell, hope I'm wrong!
    10-11-15 08:50 AM
    I don't think the BlackBerry Experience Suite has ever been shown or reviewed - ever. The closest thing here is brief mention of the beta version of the virtual keyboard. We've also had some passing info on BlackBerry Safeguard.

The BlackBerry Experience Suite must be the holdup.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    10-11-15 08:52 AM
    Thanks for sharing... looks great!
    10-11-15 08:53 AM
    Can't help but cringe at that boring android homescreen every time I see it.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 08:57 AM
    1. Thanks for sharing!
    2. Great battery life!
    3. BlackBerry virtual keyboard is going to be there!
    4. Camera low light function still needs optimization
    5. Light skin on pure Android! Great.
    6. Lags... needs optimization
    7. Tough for one hand use... I guess this is a phablet.
    8. No word on HUB? Probably because the reviewer has never used HUB before and didn't look into it
    9. Notification on the curve not working yet
    10. Audio/volume is decent.
    11. BlackBerry contact app is there!

Don't like the lag and don't like the low light camera performance... but both can be fixed by software... just don't know how good Android talents in BlackBerry are.

I hope BlackBerry Remember app is there too.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    janzeeschuimers likes this.
    10-11-15 09:03 AM
    Me wanna see hub suuuuu baaaadddd

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 09:03 AM
    7. Tough for one hand use... I guess this is a phablet.
    Guy didn't try using it one hand with the touch sensitive keyboard.
    mundo472 likes this.
    10-11-15 09:04 AM
    Sadly, I feel that we share the same sentiment.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    By the way, those camera shots look very good. I see a shallow deph of field (sharp subject, blurry background), wich indicates a combination of a decent sized sensor and a large aperture

(First?) Priv Review!-img201509291240597.jpg

(First?) Priv Review!-img201509291204264.jpg
    00stryder likes this.
    As I suspected, there will be rough edges in the initial release, like anything BlackBerry did in their Gen 1 product.

But they always fix them incrementally in the following releases.

10-11-15 09:09 AM
    And guys, STOP ASKING ABOUT THE DAMN HUB IN LEAKS!

Nobody is going to show it to you. The hub is likely set up with the field engineer's own accounts, showing it either you would have to black out the whole thing to the point where you can't see s**t, or someone is losing their job for leaking.
    MO3iusONE, 7onZ and 00stryder like this.
    10-11-15 09:10 AM
    As I suspected, there will be rough edges in the initial release, like anything BlackBerry did in their Gen 1 product.

But they always fix them incrementally in the following releases.

It's the industry norm these days. Get it out of the door "good enough" first, then fix it later.
    10-11-15 09:11 AM
    I hope this doesn't make it to production:

MO3iusONE, dejanh, Q10Bold and 1 others like this.
    10-11-15 09:17 AM
    And guys, STOP ASKING ABOUT THE DAMN HUB IN LEAKS!

Nobody is going to show it to you. The hub is likely set up with the field engineer's own accounts, showing it either you would have to black out the whole thing to the point where you can't see s**t, or someone is losing their job for leaking.
    Yeah I don't get it neither... why do we have to get it launch? Just wait a few weeks after the tech and user reviews are in.

10-11-15 09:18 AM
284 1234 ...