Well I was not looking into getting a PRIV, but my lovely girlfriend bought one for me this Christmas.

I need some help replacing the BlackBerry 10 apps I was using.

1. Car Manager
    = on BlackBerry 10, I was using the App above to track the car mileages and fuel costs. I would like to find something similar on android.

2. Doo
    = I have been using an App above for hardware button shortcuts such as launching camera with double tap flash and launching the flash lights with the double tap on the mute key. Anything like this on android?

4. Music Player
    = does the PRIV come with the oem music player at all? I cannot seem to find it on my PRIV.

5. Blue Touchpad
    = I was using this excellent App on my BlackBerry 10 phones to use my phone as a Bluetooth keyboard and the mouse touchpad. What is the best alternative for this function. What I liked about Blue Touchpad was that it did not require any additional software on the windows tablet. Just connect to blue tooth and go.

Those are the main ones for now. It is crazy to look back at BlackBerry 10, but it actually had a decent selection of the apps.

Please let me know if you have any good alternatives.
    12-30-16 09:45 AM
    For music player, check out Poweramp or Rocket Player.
    12-30-16 01:07 PM
    Well I was not looking into getting a PRIV, but my lovely girlfriend bought one for me this Christmas.

1. Car Manager- Fuelio
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.kajda.fuelio

2. Doo: Inbuilt, under settings-display you can use set up double pressing the power button to start the camera. download button remapper to remap the mute button to torch.

4. Music Player: Comes with Google play music.

5. Blue Touchpad: Ceck out "unified remote"
    skstrials and FF22 like this.
    12-30-16 01:19 PM

2. Doo
    = I have been using an App above for hardware button shortcuts such as launching camera with double tap flash and launching the flash lights with the double tap on the mute key. Anything like this on android?

4. Music Player
    = does the PRIV come with the oem music player at all? I cannot seem to find it on my PRIV.
    Have you tried assigning keyboard shortcuts? Not as efficient as a using hardware buttons but an option nonetheless.

Your Priv should come preloaded with Google Play Music. There are other apps out there that people seem to prefer though.
    12-30-16 02:43 PM
    There is no equivalent to Blue Touchpad - a bluetooth-only connection for a peripheral device requires root access. Unified Remote is the least bad substitute, and it requires a server app installed on the tablet. It seems to be the only one that works with a pkb.
    12-30-16 03:56 PM
    Now that we are discussing the BlackBerry 10 apps that can be replaced by Android, I have a few more.

1. What is the best browser for a PRIV that can take advantage of the physical keyboard in a way BlackBerry 10 browser did?

2. File manager that integrates cloud storage and internal storage.

Other than that, I located some BlackBerry 10 developers in the play store to buy some of their apps.
    12-31-16 02:27 PM

1. Car Manager
    = on BlackBerry 10, I was using the App above to track the car mileages and fuel costs. I would like to find something similar on android.

Please let me know if you have any good alternatives.
    I use car maintenance reminder pro. If used it on BB10 also and it works great. The only issue I have with the Android version is that it fails on the automatic backup to the SD card so I have to run the backup from the app. The online backup works though
    skstrials likes this.
    12-31-16 02:37 PM
    Now that we are discussing the BlackBerry 10 apps that can be replaced by Android, I have a few more.

1. What is the best browser for a PRIV that can take advantage of the physical keyboard in a way BlackBerry 10 browser did?

2. File manager that integrates cloud storage and internal storage.

Other than that, I located some BlackBerry 10 developers in the play store to buy some of their apps.
    For file manager I use Asus File Manager.

First post on my PRIV. Need help finding android apps-77210.jpg
    12-31-16 05:24 PM
    Great! Thanks for the suggestions boys.

How about BlackBerry Story Maker? Any good Android apps to replace that?
    12-31-16 06:35 PM
    Great! Thanks for the suggestions boys.

How about BlackBerry Story Maker? Any good Android apps to replace that?
    Quik. But I think Google Photos does something similar.
    12-31-16 06:50 PM
    Thanks, I bought some basic apps for my PRIV today.

And what's the best replacement for BlackBerry blend?
    12-31-16 08:42 PM

Try Pushbullet.
    12-31-16 09:06 PM

Airdroid.
    01-01-17 12:11 AM
    Thanks guys!

Also I am looking for a notification control app that can customize for each messaging app like texts, whatsapp, etc.

Stock Priv will not even allow me to set a custom notification sound for each app!
    01-01-17 01:39 PM
    Thanks guys!

Also I am looking for a notification control app that can customize for each messaging app like texts, whatsapp, etc.

Stock Priv will not even allow me to set a custom notification sound for each app!
    Try going into the settings of each app. I don't use Whatsapp, but I have different sounds for texts than bbm for example.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    01-01-17 02:21 PM
    Try going into the settings of each app. I don't use Whatsapp, but I have different sounds for texts than bbm for example.
    Okay, I will need two more suggestions.

1. In BlackBerry 10, I really liked the Supertube and Fasttube app that allows for ad blocking, background playback, and video downloading. Anything similar in Android? I am happy to pay for an App, but not a monthly subscription like YouTube Red

2. I am using the stock Google messenger for sms, but the enter button on the keyboard does not send the message which can be annoying. Any sms messaging app on Android that can send the message with the keyboard enter button on the priv?
    01-04-17 07:21 PM
    Okay, I will need two more suggestions.

1. In BlackBerry 10, I really liked the Supertube and Fasttube app that allows for ad blocking, background playback, and video downloading. Anything similar in Android? I am happy to pay for an App, but not a monthly subscription like YouTube Red

2. I am using the stock Google messenger for sms, but the enter button on the keyboard does not send the message which can be annoying. Any sms messaging app on Android that can send the message with the keyboard enter button on the priv?
    Question 1: Remember Youtube is a google enterprise so that you may have to step outside the google playstore. I think there's an app in the Amazon store, Firetube, that may be what you want but you do have to jump through some Amazon hoops to get it. And then you have to keep the Amazon app store on the device, I think.

There are TEXT/sms apps that will send with the Enter key. There's a who pro/con discussion on using Enter to SEND versus create paragraphs as you might expect of Crackberry "citizens"!

I don't really text so don't follow those discussions in detail.

edited to add: I thought Firetube allowed downloading but I can't find that function.
    Last edited by FF22; 01-04-17 at 07:59 PM.
    skstrials likes this.
    01-04-17 07:47 PM
    Question 1: Remember Youtube is a google enterprise so that you may have to step outside the google playstore. I think there's an app in the Amazon store, Firetube, that may be what you want but you do have to jump through some Amazon hoops to get it. And then you have to keep the Amazon app store on the device, I think.

There are TEXT/sms apps that will send with the Enter key. There's a who pro/con discussion on using Enter to SEND versus create paragraphs as you might expect of Crackberry "citizens"!

I don't really text so don't follow those discussions in detail.

edited to add: I thought Firetube allowed downloading but I can't find that function.
    Snaptube.
    01-05-17 04:31 AM
    Snaptube.
    Aha - but not on either Amazon nor Google!
    01-05-17 09:16 AM
    Textra has this option. Not sure though if it works with the Priv's physical "Enter" button.
    01-05-17 09:55 AM
    Aha - but not on either Amazon nor Google!
    Nah, you'd have to Google the apk.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-05-17 05:34 PM
    Yaata and Textra seem to be the most preferred here, though there are others recommended. Both can be set to send with enter key. Not sure if either works with the PKB enter button, as I'm one of those that wants the enter to do what it's supposed to do - Start a new line.
    But I can vouch that both Yaata and Textra are good.
    01-06-17 07:44 AM
    For those that do use enter to send, how do you start a new line?
    01-06-17 07:47 AM
    Third row, the last key from the right side.
    01-06-17 08:33 AM
    Yaata and Textra seem to be the most preferred here, though there are others recommended. Both can be set to send with enter key. Not sure if either works with the PKB enter button, as I'm one of those that wants the enter to do what it's supposed to do - Start a new line.
    But I can vouch that both Yaata and Textra are good.
    Like yaata except for one issue. I can't get it to send videos. Just won't do it
    01-06-17 10:24 AM
35 12