Whenever I pull out the slider, alt is enabled for the first keystroke. Anyone else have this problem with the physical keyboard? I've been unable to find a setting to deselect/change this...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-07-16 04:34 PM
    It's the auto capitalization... Disable it. Go to Settings > Language And Input > BlackBerry Keyboard Settings > Prediction and Correction > Auto Capitalization (Disable) this will eliminate ALT (Capitalize) from the PKB start-up...

Attached Thumbnails First keystroke always w/ alt?-4359.jpg  
    03-07-16 06:39 PM
    It's the auto capitalization... Disable it. Go to Settings > Language And Input > BlackBerry Keyboard Settings > Prediction and Correction > Auto Capitalization (Disable) this will eliminate ALT (Capitalize) from the PKB start-up...

Isn't the SHIFT (Arrow pointing Up) for Auto Capitalisation? Alt should be for numbers and symbols, right?
    03-07-16 11:18 PM
    Isn't the SHIFT (Arrow pointing Up) for Auto Capitalisation? Alt should be for numbers and symbols, right?
    You're correct, what I described is relating to the Shift and not ALT... After reading the post, this was immediately and what I saw to be the issue/remedy... The ALT issue is new one and not one I've experienced... Hoping they meant SHIFT and not ALT as well...

03-08-16 04:42 AM
    You're correct, what I described is relating to the Shift and not ALT... After reading the post, this was immediately and what I saw to be the issue/remedy... The ALT issue is new one and not one I've experienced... Hoping they meant SHIFT and not ALT as well...

I too hope that it is the SHIFT issue. If there is an issue with ALT auto-select on PKB.. boy that's going to be a pain.
    03-08-16 04:46 AM
    Whenever I pull out the slider, alt is enabled for the first keystroke. Anyone else have this problem with the physical keyboard? I've been unable to find a setting to deselect/change this...

Sounds like your keyboard is broken. Could be hardware or software. The only solution I can think of is try a factory reset to see if it's software, and if that doesn't work, RMA due to broken hardware. Make sure you tell tech support that you already did a factory reset. They will probably ask for a screenshot or video of your issue. Because they have had so many return issues with the poorly built Priv, they are now asking for this when people call to RMA.

03-08-16 05:02 AM
    Thanks for the advice, it is alt that's always enabled on the first keystroke. I'll follow up on the suggestions here...

03-09-16 02:14 PM