Went to a wedding at 5pm... With 100 percent battery, this is day 2. All updates done.... Used the phone for less than an hour total... It's 1037pm EST.. Battery is 30. Percent? BlackBerry is smoking that goooo kushh... BlackBerry this phone will fail.. And it's well deserved..... The radio firmware also acts like this is a China galaxy replica.. This one is a bad joke.. Not a troll.. Love my classic. Returning this and facing the fact that I'm stuck with is 10 forever.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-07-15 09:38 PM
    All the BlackBerry fan boys that will flame me... I don't care.... This phone has a huge flaw.... And it's the battery... I could get over a lot of things and I have.. But the battery kills it.... This battery is made by a 5 year old in a sweat shop

11-07-15 09:43 PM
    Mine has improved today. It's lasted all day and I've done some pretty heavy playing with it. Haven't put it through the paces of actually being on a lot of phone calls to see how it does but I'll know on Monday. Still getting warm though with continue use which is bothersome. I'd give it a little more time before you return it.

Bay 13 likes this.
    11-07-15 09:46 PM
    The only one flaming is you. Obviously something is wrong with your phone, you either have an app draining battery, or you have a defective battery.

You make it sound like the phone is like that, that it drains 70% of battery in an hour, wich is not, no phone is designed to work that way.

Stop being a drama-queen...
    11-07-15 09:46 PM
    Cricket..

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 09:47 PM
    Went to a wedding at 5pm... With 100 percent battery, this is day 2. All updates done.... Used the phone for less than an hour total... It's 1037pm EST.. Battery is 30. Percent? BlackBerry is smoking that goooo kushh... BlackBerry this phone will fail.. And it's well deserved..... The radio firmware also acts like this is a China galaxy replica.. This one is a bad joke.. Not a troll.. Love my classic. Returning this and facing the fact that I'm stuck with is 10 forever.

I thought same but change sync settings on all your email. That is what is happening. It constantly checks.
    Battery had been great all day today for me today. Heavy use and still at 50 percent

posted from my Priv!
    11-07-15 09:48 PM
    I'll just be like. All the other android apple idiots... And. Sit by a charger all day.

11-07-15 09:49 PM
    ALL my emails are PUSH

11-07-15 09:50 PM
    I'll just be like. All the other android apple idiots... And. Sit by a charger all day.

Make sure apps , email etc are not syncing and searching. Same with sports apps always updating. Do manual refreshes instead for all apps. And reduce sync on email . I had to do this for my z30 as well

posted from my Priv!
    11-07-15 09:52 PM
    Bad battery can result in many things such as having many programs running in the background, to a point where your reception is so low underground it kills the battery trying to amplify the signal, there are many reasons and sometimes abit of research and adjustments it can make the biggest difference in battery performance.

Who is your provider?
    What programs do you have running?

I ain't saying nothing is wrong with your battery, perhaps you have a bad battery but remember a new battery can take a few hours to a few days to settle in based on your usage.

This happened to my passport, it felt weak but over time and some adjustments battery performance increased by a huge margin.
    I was with wind in toronto when I bought my passport and signal alone killed my battery, it kept searching for a signal and tried keeping signal and that's a huge strain, at home and in some buildings and after switching back to bell never had a issue again.

Passport/CB10 on Bell
    macwild likes this.
    Return it...Not meant for you.
    Make sure apps , email etc are not syncing and searching. Same with sports apps always updating. Do manual refreshes instead for all apps. And reduce sync on email . I had to do this for my z30 as well
    Then reboot!
    posted from my Priv!

Just go through settling and apps and shut everything down and reboot. My battery now works great. Same happened to me last night. Today was great.

posted from my Priv!
    11-07-15 09:53 PM

I think that sums it up...

I am not sitting beside my charger and never have on my s5 either.

My battery has been excellent today after an iffy start yesterday.

There is something running in the background of your phone to drain the battery. I guarantee it.

I have both of my emails to push as well and have not changed sync settings for them.

I think what everyone means to say in a nicer way is that the battery can take some time to settle with a phone. It could also be that you received a defective unit. As such, it might be best to wait a week. If it doesn't get any better by then, take it back on Friday and try another one.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 09:54 PM
    Everything I close out apps I hit the square and clear All apps running in the background? I'm confused if people are just willing to deal with the bad battery or trying to protect BlackBerry from getting bad battery life

11-07-15 09:55 PM
    I'm no trying t be negative or say the phone is bad.. The phone is actually pretty good... But this battery something is wrong.. I hope it settles in.. My classic can go 2 day without a charge

11-07-15 09:57 PM
    Everything I close out apps I hit the square and clear All apps running in the background? I'm confused if people are just willing to deal with the bad battery or trying to protect BlackBerry from getting bad battery life

Go into settings and change . Again. I had same panic yesterday. now working great today.

posted from my Priv!
    11-07-15 09:57 PM
    Maybe you should give it until Monday
    11-07-15 09:58 PM
    Change what? Please explain?? I want the battery to last 22 hours..not 6 or 7

11-07-15 09:59 PM

Don't be that guy...

Do you even think it's possible that anyone can have a phone that has 1h battery life?... just think a little...

You either have a defective battery or something in the background that's eating your battery. Do a hard reset or something, stop complaining like a little b*tch... If that doesn't work, replace your device, or return it or whatever...

Don't just do try to tell people that your device is "normal" and that your phone is workign as itended... because IT ISN'T!
    11-07-15 10:00 PM
    I'm sure they have very strick control quality for the batteries on this phone.. Since I posted this post.. I've gone from 30 to 22 percent.. Phone has been on , for what 25min?

11-07-15 10:02 PM
    All the BlackBerry fan boys that will flame me... I don't care.... This phone has a huge flaw.... And it's the battery... I could get over a lot of things and I have.. But the battery kills it.... This battery is made by a 5 year old in a sweat shop

So funny...You were right. They are flaming you already! Ignore them. LOL!

That said, you can see what's draining your battery by going to Settings > Battery and it will give you some detail about what's sucking all that power down. Android is notorious for very high Standby drain when the phone is sitting idle (my Samsung Galaxy S6 edge was as high as 6-7% per hour just in Standby!) and also very high drain when in use (up to 25% per hour which some have reported here). I was hoping the Priv would be more like the Sony phones which seem to have battery drain under good control. See if you can find out if there's something else beyond this like an errant program or process.
    11-07-15 10:02 PM
    Did you go in and manually update the BlackBerry apps so you're not still running the OOB apps known to be buggy?

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 10:03 PM
    Haha I doubt he even owns the phone. Haha one of many people trying to discredit the fantastic piece of technology that blackberry has put out.

11-07-15 10:03 PM
76 123 ...