Views:	1048 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	350140

Posted via CB10
    Who made these? They're lovely

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 06:41 AM
    Thanks! I did not know that.
    The AZERTY keyboards are used in Belgium and France instead of QWERTY.
    04-29-15 10:15 AM
    Why would i experience issues with a software update if it's a hardware issue, when the problem didn't exist while i was using a different software version? Like i said, it doesn't really matter if it's a soft- or a hardware issue, but why does this issue still exist?? Found a post from 07-27-2011 within 5 seconds. It's April 2015 now. Don't think that that's something you'd ignore for about four years. That model was a 9780 btw. So every new model that has a keyboard will have this 'double typing' feat? Nice USP !

About the charging ports, i think using usb 2.0 where you can easily use 3.0 is just backwards, but that's my opinion. A lot of computers nowadays have usb 3.0 ports, and when i hook up my phone to a laptop/computer with a 3.0 port, it would charge faster than a 2.0 one. Not only that, it should speed up file transferring as well and it's backward compatible with 2.0. Win-win i'd say. As for the phones that have 2.0 AND the ability to quickcharge the battery, i don't think the battery will survive that long if you keep 'supercharging' the phone, or else every company would be using this technique. I'm sure there are a lot of phones that have a 2.0 port and charge quickly, my blackberry does not have this though, so maybe that could be something that could get on the 'to do list', but a 3.0 port is not on my wishlist just for the charging.
    A couple of replies.

A hardware issue CAN still be resolved using software - WiFi fixes can be done via channel selection/omittions, power increments not supported by a faulty hardware on such a device (smartphone, laptop, car terminal for WiFi, etc). Think outside of the box on this. For a keyboard: Mine is in US English no accents ... but Windows/OS X allows me to type in Espa�ol (Costa Rica) - again a hardware issue resolved by a software issue.

Right now you're re-wording what I've said thus far:
    1. Keyboard typing is a hardware issues as seen on Q10 and previous devices.
    2. An amendment is the Hybrid which has a dual personality or nature due to the fact it's unique and one of a kind.
    ^ in your clarified issue above - yet still confusing (I'll get to that in a moment) - is that the Hybrid Keyboard on Passport could have an issue where the a) the Sensors report double pressing and the hardware does not - or - b) the hardware reports double pressing and the sensor does not. Since this is the two edges of a knife ... one being dull the other sharp, the dull side can be sharpened to exhibit the desired experience.

To put it in very vulgar and lamens terms:
    Why is it a short woman of 5' can take it from a guy with a monster snake, yet a woman of 6'7" cannot?
    guess the hardware and the software issue there ... hint "It's all in how you use the tool, not the tool itself"
    (Mod's initial reaction: Oh know he didn't! LMAO ... actually that maybe spot on and hilarious but should I punish him? More-over should I because I'm male - if particular mode is - and if I don't the female readers/members here will surely take this as pure male-chauvinism?!! Hmmm." It could be said that men are "hard-wired" in such a way to wonder about their tools size, ahem I'd say 70yrs ago no guy would contemplate the example Mod reaction from a male perspective above ... now the modern guy WOULD ... this in itself is a Software (thoughts) solution to a Hardware (sex being male) problem!

Savvy?!

Now .. onto the confusion.

You stated this only occured after an update yet you state now
    why does this issue still exist??
    ^ HAD this existed before the update or not?

Regarding the forum post from 07-27-2011 for a 9780 ... you've just proved my point - even though you found it in 5 seconds you chose not to show the link which would've taken 2 seconds, which is besides the point .... it's hardware related like I explained on older BBOS devices and on the 2 BB10 devices having same hardware principle/design. Rubber membrane under plastic keys over metal dimple contacts connected to a mobo. So not sure why you bring this up (the 9780 model) as it's not directly what we where talking about.

And finally USB charging using USB 3.0 standard on a USB 2.0 connector. This works on your PC ... it does NOT work on your cellphone ... we're using MicroUSB not standard USB ports here.

USB 3.0 Micro-B plug
    Source: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...MGP6033_wp.jpg
    as shown here.
    USB 3.0 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Under Connectors it's noted:
    USB 3.0 also introduced a new Micro-B cable plug, which consists of a standard USB 1.x/2.0 Micro-B cable plug, with additional 5-pin plug "stacked" on side of it. That way, USB 3.0 Micro-A host connector preserved its backward compatibility with the USB 1.x/2.0 Micro-B cable plugs. However, it is not possible to plug a USB 3.0 Micro-B plug into a USB 2.0 Micro-B receptacle, due to a physically larger connector
    On your PC ... The USB 3.0 "Powered-B" connector has two additional pins ... which recall Windows 7 did NOT have native support for, drivers where added by vendors long after release, Windows 8 had native support ... so charging can be adjusted on the fly where as in Windows 7 the OS can disable these by default.

Finally! - The slider shows itself! [renders, not photos]-usb-3-ab.jpg

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	USB-3-A-AB.jpg 
Views:	727 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	350374

You're thinking the PC standard connectors which are different for USB3 in the Micro world or mobile world.
    Finally! - The slider shows itself! [renders, not photos]-dae3e192-3c5f-48ac-8a7c1474d750f19e.jpg

Charging in of itself can vary greatly but the connector isn't the ONLY factor here ... regardless of what you see on your PC
    04-30-15 05:41 PM
    Finally! - The slider shows itself! [renders, not photos]-9-.jpg
    Finally! - The slider shows itself! [renders, not photos]-8-.jpg
    Finally! - The slider shows itself! [renders, not photos]-7-.jpg
    Finally! - The slider shows itself! [renders, not photos]-6-.jpg
    Finally! - The slider shows itself! [renders, not photos]-1430543510269_395544.jpeg

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 12:41 AM
    Are these real photos of a test device you have? I'm assuming if it is a device you have, you're not allowed to give us more details, but surely you can at least confirm its a real device?

Please let it be real...
    05-02-15 04:09 AM
    Are these real photos of a test device you have? I'm assuming if it is a device you have, you're not allowed to give us more details, but surely you can at least confirm its a real device?

Please let it be real...
    they are just more renders
    EuthanasiaUK likes this.
    05-02-15 05:16 AM

Please let it be real...
    Just renders

I don't think BlackBerry have even made a beta device yet. Still working on the design ect. There should be beta devices around August.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    EuthanasiaUK likes this.
    05-02-15 05:41 AM
    The AZERTY keyboards are used in Belgium and France instead of QWERTY.
    I am French that's why I put a AZERTY's Keyboard.

Post on my Super Passport 10.3.X.XXX
    05-03-15 04:46 AM
    I always love how the anticipation (we have) for a device builds until the actual release. I'm hopeful that BlackBerry will bring something worthwhile to the market we can be proud of as a BlackBerry - whether everyone buys it or not. Any new devices should be helping with "positive" brand recognition.

Sent from my Z30
    pttptppt and thedose like this.
    05-03-15 09:33 AM
    For the slider to be a feasible upgrade to the Passport, it would at least need wireless charging and 64Gib of device flash in addition to the existing Passport specs.

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport
    ^|^ what he said!!!

 Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.1.2708 Rogers Wireless
    05-03-15 06:23 PM
    Agree. 64gb flash. Maybe octacore
    I would like the device to be a centimeter wider than the Z30 And a centimeter smaller than the Passport. Don't get me wrong I like the wide screen but there is a fatigue factor on this wide phone.

SQW-100-3 10.3.2.500 Allergy/Pulmonary
    05-03-15 10:04 PM
62 123