What I'm really interested in is the P'9984 (Passport Design)

I know normally a Porsche Design device comes with 64GB of storage but imagine it came with 128gb?

"Porsche Design P'9984 Passport 128GB"

Just that name makes it worth $2,000 lol

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    You can buy a 128gb microsd for $100

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 03:51 PM
    If this turns out to be true, battery life would be superior if it were full hd. 5.1 inch @ QHD? Ugh....

Give me the real software upgrades. Dark hub, double typing problems fixed, updating the android runtime, stuff like that. Wireless charging, cool gimmick, but as someone else stated, i'd rather have usb 3.0 for charging, a nice processor, the four rows with the touch enabled keyboard and we're good to go. Oh and fix the camera, this ( PP ) is just horrible. /rant
    double typing problems fixed = is a hardware issue (Q10/Q5 less occuring/complained about), not a software issue. it's caused by the dimples under the keys sticking to the metal contacts underneath.

USB 3.0 would not do anything to speed up charging on it's own. Not to mention yet another proprietary cable to hunt for spares and adding costs. Samsung tried this and they have a LOT more efficient economies of scale; and you expect BlackBerry to do this? Hmmff.
    04-27-15 04:24 PM
    Re USB 3.0

I would hope that BlackBerry would be an early adopter of USB 3.1 because the cable can be plugged in two ways, 100 watts of power for charging plus the theoretical 10 Gbps bandwidth.
    04-27-15 04:45 PM
    Finally! - The slider shows itself! [renders, not photos]-blacberry-slider.jpg

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    04-27-15 05:39 PM
    I don't like the silver on the back of the phone when it's slid out.
    It was on the prototype shown off earlier but I'm hoping it'll be cleaned up before release.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 05:55 PM
    04-27-15 06:27 PM
    Oh I was thinking the slider was an odd looking thing, till it occurred to me that it's probably called "slider", because they keyboard slides out, which makes sense.

It still looks kinda odd though
    04-27-15 09:38 PM
    I'll be first in line for a slider. I'm used to being screwed by BlackBerry so I'm not expecting a decent camera. But for once I wish they'd go big on a camera that is awesome. And of course a huge battery. And beautiful crisp HD screen.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.1.2708 / T-Mobile USA
    04-27-15 10:59 PM
    Derp! Renders that have been out for months presented as real. I don't wanna live on this planet any more.
    Blacklatino and donemt like this.
    04-27-15 11:37 PM
    Derp! Renders that have been out for months presented as real. I don't wanna live on this planet any more.
    You edited your post, now mine doesn't make any sense.. LOL...

Do we ever get pre-release renders? Looking forward to this phone!
    Last edited by mmmac; 04-27-15 at 11:52 PM.
    04-27-15 11:40 PM
    Regardless real or fake the sliders pics looks great. Just how long is the phone going the be when the keyboard gets extended
    that shouldn't be much of a factor as much as what the phone feels like to open and close as well as typing with it open. the 9810 was slick, it popped out the slider, typing with it open felt firm. we'll see what this one is like.
    04-27-15 11:58 PM
    You can buy a 128gb microsd for $100

Posted via CB10
    128gb as removable memory isn't the same as on-board memory, in the context of BB10 OS. 128gb on a phone would interest me off the bat.
    04-28-15 12:00 AM
    You edited your post, now mine doesn't make any sense.. LOL...

Do we ever get pre-release renders? Looking forward to this phone!
    Yes. Real 'from BlackBerry' renders generally pop up before release of the device. (Press renders, Store renders, etc) However, the failure on this is insane.. pretty much EVERY blog that ISN'T a BlackBerry blog that ran them is running them as the REAL deal, which is just terrible. Heck, even some BlackBerry blogs are running them as the real deal lol. Not sure if that's a sign of good renders or people just being plain stupid. I mean, the BlackBerry Central ones have been around for weeks now.
    04-28-15 12:49 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blacberry-slider.jpg 
Views:	1514 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	349844

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    Is it just me or does the lighting on the sides make the screen look curved? Like the S6 edge.
    04-28-15 03:05 AM
    Is it just me or does the lighting on the sides make the screen look curved? Like the S6 edge.
    It is supposed to have a curved screen just like the S6 edge.

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    04-28-15 04:53 AM
    It is supposed to have a curved screen just like the S6 edge.

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    Yer I missed that bit.

Looks good though.
    04-28-15 05:47 AM
    double typing problems fixed = is a hardware issue (Q10/Q5 less occuring/complained about), not a software issue. it's caused by the dimples under the keys sticking to the metal contacts underneath.

USB 3.0 would not do anything to speed up charging on it's own. Not to mention yet another proprietary cable to hunt for spares and adding costs. Samsung tried this and they have a LOT more efficient economies of scale; and you expect BlackBerry to do this? Hmmff.
    That's funny, because i have a Passport over here that double types multiple times on a daily basis. Didn't double type when i first bought it, started when i updated my phone ( leaks as well as OTA ), so i'm guessing it's a software bug, don't know. Not only this, i've had this double typing issue since i had my Q10. Seems to me that if it's a hardware fault, they should have fixed it by now. If it's a software bug, they should have fixed it by now, either way it's unacceptable. If that's ( it's caused by the dimples under the keys sticking to the metal contacts underneath ) the reason my phone double types, so be it, but that should not become my problem more than once. I would expect that the Passport would have none of these issues then, since the last generation of phones have had this problem.

Same goes for the 'multiple contacts' problems, which are caused by running Android apps that use your contact book. This is not some huge problem that can't be fixed, but for some reason, it hasn't been fixed and it's been years now, same goes for the touch-keyboard sensitivity in Android apps. BB10 is imo the best OS there is, but the small bugs don't get crushed, and that bothers me more than it should.

This ( USB 3.0 vs USB 2.0 charging ) is true, however, if you implement fast-charging, you could jump-charge your phone to about 50% in half an hour - 45 minutes, and this is - to my knowledge - only possible when using a USB 3.0 port. Also, since new laptop and computer models are including USB 3.0 ports, it would be a welcome addition, since it's also backward compatible with USB 2.0, but Blackberry knowing, they'd wait a couple of years until everyone switches to it ( or whatever type of port is popular then ) and then include it. It's cool that this phone *might* have a curved screen, but i'd trade the QHD with curved screen any day for FHD with a normal screen. I'm guessing Samsung didn't sell a lot of the Edge phones, and that BB will get them at a mass discount, but otherwise i can't find a good reason why you would include it, UNLESS it doesn't hurt the pricing of the phone, but since the S6 Edge is much more expensive than the S6 -to my knowledge- just because of the screen, i'm thinking it will be an attractive, but ( much too ) expensive phone.
    04-28-15 06:45 AM
    ^Nope apparently Samsung just opened a factory to try keep up with their own supply so I can't imagine BlackBerry getting any sort of mass discount.
    http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/...6-edge-demand/
    I'm guessing BlackBerry getting these screens must be part of the whole KNOX partnership.
    Wouldn't be surprised if the Slider just ends up being a rebadged S6 Edge with a keyboard. That'd actually be awesome.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 09:47 AM
    I'll be the first in line.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.500
    2nd here.
    04-28-15 10:41 AM
    I especially like the AZERTY Keyboard.
    I wonder why the render on this has the AQZW keys in the wrong positions

Personally I am looking forward to getting one of these, with the right keyboard of course.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blacberry-slider.jpg 
Views:	1514 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	349844

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    04-28-15 10:58 AM
    5.1" screen - too big IMO.
    04-28-15 02:01 PM
    decent!
    04-28-15 04:12 PM
    I especially like the AZERTY Keyboard.
    I wonder why the render on this has the AQZW keys in the wrong positions

Personally I am looking forward to getting one of these, with the right keyboard of course.
    The AZERTY keyboards are used in Belgium and France instead of QWERTY.
    seemsixty7 likes this.
    04-28-15 07:32 PM
    That's funny, because i have a Passport over here that double types multiple times on a daily basis. Didn't double type when i first bought it, started when i updated my phone ( leaks as well as OTA ), so i'm guessing it's a software bug, don't know. Not only this, i've had this double typing issue since i had my Q10. Seems to me that if it's a hardware fault, they should have fixed it by now. If it's a software bug, they should have fixed it by now, either way it's unacceptable. If that's ( it's caused by the dimples under the keys sticking to the metal contacts underneath ) the reason my phone double types, so be it, but that should not become my problem more than once. I would expect that the Passport would have none of these issues then, since the last generation of phones have had this problem.

Same goes for the 'multiple contacts' problems, which are caused by running Android apps that use your contact book. This is not some huge problem that can't be fixed, but for some reason, it hasn't been fixed and it's been years now, same goes for the touch-keyboard sensitivity in Android apps. BB10 is imo the best OS there is, but the small bugs don't get crushed, and that bothers me more than it should.

This ( USB 3.0 vs USB 2.0 charging ) is true, however, if you implement fast-charging, you could jump-charge your phone to about 50% in half an hour - 45 minutes, and this is - to my knowledge - only possible when using a USB 3.0 port. Also, since new laptop and computer models are including USB 3.0 ports, it would be a welcome addition, since it's also backward compatible with USB 2.0, but Blackberry knowing, they'd wait a couple of years until everyone switches to it ( or whatever type of port is popular then ) and then include it. It's cool that this phone *might* have a curved screen, but i'd trade the QHD with curved screen any day for FHD with a normal screen. I'm guessing Samsung didn't sell a lot of the Edge phones, and that BB will get them at a mass discount, but otherwise i can't find a good reason why you would include it, UNLESS it doesn't hurt the pricing of the phone, but since the S6 Edge is much more expensive than the S6 -to my knowledge- just because of the screen, i'm thinking it will be an attractive, but ( much too ) expensive phone.
    The Passport is a Hybrid Keyboard ... so yes you'll experience issues with a software update. I still stand by my original statement double-typing is a Hardware issue (Passport is unique and out of the norm). Implementing fast-charging has more to do with the battery and the chip enabling this, not the connector: Moto Maxx has a serious rapid charger but it's using USB 2.0 you need to look at a LOT of other phones using USB 2.0 and having ability to fully charge a 3000mAh which can be done 75% within 15mins. Look about man.
    04-28-15 07:57 PM
    The Passport is a Hybrid Keyboard ... so yes you'll experience issues with a software update. I still stand by my original statement double-typing is a Hardware issue (Passport is unique and out of the norm). Implementing fast-charging has more to do with the battery and the chip enabling this, not the connector: Moto Maxx has a serious rapid charger but it's using USB 2.0 you need to look at a LOT of other phones using USB 2.0 and having ability to fully charge a 3000mAh which can be done 75% within 15mins. Look about man.
    Why would i experience issues with a software update if it's a hardware issue, when the problem didn't exist while i was using a different software version? Like i said, it doesn't really matter if it's a soft- or a hardware issue, but why does this issue still exist?? Found a post from 07-27-2011 within 5 seconds. It's April 2015 now. Don't think that that's something you'd ignore for about four years. That model was a 9780 btw. So every new model that has a keyboard will have this 'double typing' feat? Nice USP !

About the charging ports, i think using usb 2.0 where you can easily use 3.0 is just backwards, but that's my opinion. A lot of computers nowadays have usb 3.0 ports, and when i hook up my phone to a laptop/computer with a 3.0 port, it would charge faster than a 2.0 one. Not only that, it should speed up file transferring as well and it's backward compatible with 2.0. Win-win i'd say. As for the phones that have 2.0 AND the ability to quickcharge the battery, i don't think the battery will survive that long if you keep 'supercharging' the phone, or else every company would be using this technique. I'm sure there are a lot of phones that have a 2.0 port and charge quickly, my blackberry does not have this though, so maybe that could be something that could get on the 'to do list', but a 3.0 port is not on my wishlist just for the charging.
    04-28-15 08:44 PM
62 123