Actually, I already own a Veer, and all of the Pre variants, and a couple of TouchPad. And the last time I checked, it was okay to want to use your phone with one hand.
    Here are my functional ones (excludes parts devices) :
    Attachment 343165

Posted via CB10
    Oh my lord... love webos! the veer was a tight little device and ran insanely smooth bc of its small screen- webos to me was perfect os in use and productivity although I do admit it's base in webkit gave it issues with pure speed and video processing- hence why that little veer worked like a dream.

Posted via CB10
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    03-23-15 04:37 PM
    I don't see any real value in the square screen. I like that they offer a wide screen, but not having a landscape option is limiting to users and probably gives developers fits.
    For example, trying to watch HD video or programming on the Passport essentially limits the screen size and doesn't allow you to fully take advantage of a reasonably good screen resolution.

Ok, so I'm not one for designing concepts but this just sort of popped into my head and, if it could work, it'd be pretty damn amazing!!!
    How about the Passport Slider?! Picture your beautiful Passport as is but, you can slide the keyboard away and when you do... wait for it... more screen pops out from the top!
    It would stay true to the Passport dimensions always and the 'slide' feature would not make it bigger but only switch it from all touch to physical keys. I know that this would require a small seam in the screen (a smaller additional screen panel would need to tuck away under the top but, still, how sweet would that be?! Excuse my artistic skills but here's what it could look like:

Attachment 343336

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport

Posted via CB10
    ImBerryCurious likes this.
    03-24-15 02:46 AM
    I don't see any real value in the square screen. I like that they offer a wide screen, but not having a landscape option is limiting to users and probably gives developers fits.
    For example, trying to watch HD video or programming on the Passport essentially limits the screen size and doesn't allow you to fully take advantage of a reasonably good screen resolution.

Posted via CB10
    I think that is a blackberry issue. For personal videos, the os video player should have a stretch to screen feature. I've watched HD video using VLC, which has this feature, and the result is actually very interesting. Your eyes get used to the stretched video and everything seems more immersive.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 04:43 PM
53 123