It looks completely awesome. I'm on it first day available.

Posted via CB10
    Tim Heard likes this.
    03-04-15 12:35 PM
    Because even less people would want one of those than a portrait slider.
    Seriously, a landscape slider would be really hard to use if it were a large phone like this.

When typing with both hands, I'm afraid the screen is going to fall off why dont they make it a slider to the side

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport - 10.3.1.2243
    Tim-ANC and Brandon Tobias like this.
    03-04-15 01:27 PM
    Slide right into my hands, beauty... :-)

�   "Oh Classic, you are the fairest here so true. But Passport is a thousand times more powerful than you..." (no offense, Classic is a great device, when it's charged)   �
    Brandon Tobias likes this.
    03-05-15 08:03 PM
    Hoping it has a 6 inch screen. That would be sweet!

Posted via CB10
    you are hoping for too much.
    1) that would make the device huge and force BB to use a similar passport style keyboard to keep it small.
    2) Blackberry does not have the manufacturing process to build a dual curved screen ... But Samsung does and my Guess is its the same 5.1" QHD samoled panel as it would be easy for Samsung to make extra Edge screens for that upcoming blackberry as well as any other parts as i suspect that BB slider and the S6 edge share allot more than just the curved screen.

im glad to say when the slider comes out if i don't have an S6 already ill be getting it.

i like this partnership BB helps Sammy with security and Sammy helps with cool hardware and specs ... maybe a bit of software help for cameras or inspiration for new OS Features.
    03-08-15 08:30 AM
    OK. It has been 2 weeks.
    I'm ready for some new details about the Slider phone!

And I want to find out how to sign up to be a beta tester. :-)
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    03-18-15 05:58 PM
    I want to kiss it. On the lips.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 06:23 PM
    I hope we get a better camera.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 06:33 PM
    Fantastic phone but the screen seems a little to big, especially if your sliding it open to answer calls

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 06:34 PM
    You shouldn't have to slide it open to answer it.

Fantastic phone but the screen seems a little to big, especially if your sliding it open to answer calls

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 08:16 PM
    I want to kiss it. On the lips.

Posted via CB10
    Tongues?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    03-19-15 12:36 AM
    My wife is already jealous of it because I'm talking about paying full price for it as soon as it's available. More money than I would consider spending on her.
    03-19-15 09:08 AM
    Yeah. That's a legit issue, especially for folks who may have recently paid full price for a Passport.
    Hopefully they will offer some nice trade-in incentives. (Thought I have no idea how you pull that iff if you're
    buying direc t from Blackberry. Maybe a rebate if you return the Passport after you have transferred your
    data to the new phone?)

My wife is already jealous of it because I'm talking about paying full price for it as soon as it's available. More money than I would consider spending on her.
    03-19-15 09:38 AM
    Yeah. That's a legit issue, especially for folks who may have recently paid full price for a Passport.
    Hopefully they will offer some nice trade-in incentives. (Thought I have no idea how you pull that iff if you're
    buying direc t from Blackberry. Maybe a rebate if you return the Passport after you have transferred your
    data to the new phone?)
    Yep that's me. Just got US Passport on contract with AT&T.
    03-19-15 11:42 AM
    Tongues?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    Absolutely!

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 05:33 PM
    I think it looks great, but too big. The Z10 is about as large of a phone as I want.
    03-19-15 05:38 PM
    BOO!
    Comments like that can get you banned from this thread. ;-)
    I personally want the Z30 size with an awesome slide-out keyboard.

I think it looks great, but too big. The Z10 is about as large of a phone as I want.
    03-20-15 08:17 AM
    BOO!
    Comments like that can get you banned from this thread. ;-)
    I personally want the Z30 size with an awesome slide-out keyboard.
    LOL I ain't skeered! The Z10 is already the largest phone I own, and much larger than my everyday phone. I can barely manage the Z10 one-handed, so something larger is pretty unattractive to me.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 10:31 PM
    OK. Mystery solved. You're part of the, "I need to be able to use my phone one-handed" crowd.
    That being the case, I'd encourage you to see if there are still any HP Veers available on Amazon. http://stuffmideast.com/2011/02/12/1...os-smartphone/
    :-)

LOL I ain't skeered! The Z10 is already the largest phone I own, and much larger than my everyday phone. I can barely manage the Z10 one-handed, so something larger is pretty unattractive to me.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 06:45 AM
    OK. Mystery solved. You're part of the, "I need to be able to use my phone one-handed" crowd.
    That being the case, I'd encourage you to see if there are still any HP Veers available on Amazon. http://stuffmideast.com/2011/02/12/1...os-smartphone/
    :-)

Posted via CB10
    Actually, I already own a Veer, and all of the Pre variants, and a couple of TouchPad. And the last time I checked, it was okay to want to use your phone with one hand.
    Here are my functional ones (excludes parts devices) :
    Finally!!! - A slider!-img_20150322_215929.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Tim Heard likes this.
    03-22-15 10:03 PM
    Attachment 338305

Posted via CB10
    I just hope its nicely rounded like the Z30. the Z30 has a very nice shape to it, and is quite attractive. 5" is the perfect size IMO. It would work well for those that don't want a large screen and will work for those people that want a large screen.

Posted via CB10
    Naaa, for me its two handed, and if I cannot use two hands for some reason, I ain't typing. Though I find the Z30 easy to use with one hand.
    03-22-15 10:12 PM
    Naaa, for me its two handed, and if I cannot use two hands for some reason, I ain't typing. Though I find the Z30 easy to use with one hand.
    Oh, I almost always *type* with two hands, quite fast too, but when I'm doing anything else, I want to be able to do it with one hand.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 10:18 PM
    You shouldn't have to slide it open to answer it.

Posted via CB10
    You don't HAVE to but you can!
    It's not so much about being able to slide it open to answer the call, but being able to slide it closed to end the call.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Danny Ocean and Tim-ANC like this.
    03-22-15 10:23 PM
    You don't HAVE to but you can!
    It's not so much about being able to slide it open to answer the call, but being able to slide it closed to end the call.

That was a great feature on the Torch
    03-23-15 09:05 AM
    I was holding out for the Pre3 when HP ditched WebOS. Went with a Dell venue Pro instead. I would have loved to have owned a Pre3 though.
    I believe the screen of the Dell Venue Pro was about the dimensions of the Z10. 4.8 x 2.5 with about the same amount of actual screen space. When I hold that phone now, it seems extremely small, and makes me appreciate the large Passport screen. What I personally would like would be a screen as wide as the Passport's screen, but taller than the entire Passport.
    You could still use it 1 handed for answering calls, scrolling up and down, and so on, but would need two hands to type, as you would for any phone with a physical keyboard.
    Additionally, I'll note that I have nerve damage in my hands, so my hands aren't all that dexterous, and I have noticed that you can accomplish a lot of things with the personal assistant without having to type at all. I'm still learning to use this function.
    I'd be extremely disappointed though if BlackBerry were to produce a slider and went backward to the size of a Z10 screen. I think that would make it practically useless to most consumers or business users.

Dell Venue Pro: http://www.cnet.com/products/dell-venue-pro/

Actually, I already own a Veer, and all of the Pre variants, and a couple of TouchPad. And the last time I checked, it was okay to want to use your phone with one hand.
    Here are my functional ones (excludes parts devices) :
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150322_215929.jpg 
Views:	673 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	343165

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 09:33 AM
    I was holding out for the Pre3 when HP ditched WebOS. Went with a Dell venue Pro instead. I would have loved to have owned a Pre3 though.
    I believe the screen of the Dell Venue Pro was about the dimensions of the Z10. 4.8 x 2.5 with about the same amount of actual screen space. When I hold that phone now, it seems extremely small, and makes me appreciate the large Passport screen. What I personally would like would be a screen as wide as the Passport's screen, but taller than the entire Passport.
    You could still use it 1 handed for answering calls, scrolling up and down, and so on, but would need two hands to type, as you would for any phone with a physical keyboard.
    Additionally, I'll note that I have nerve damage in my hands, so my hands aren't all that dexterous, and I have noticed that you can accomplish a lot of things with the personal assistant without having to type at all. I'm still learning to use this function.
    I'd be extremely disappointed though if BlackBerry were to produce a slider and went backward to the size of a Z10 screen. I think that would make it practically useless to most consumers or business users.

Dell Venue Pro: http://www.cnet.com/products/dell-venue-pro/
    Ok, so I'm not one for designing concepts but this just sort of popped into my head and, if it could work, it'd be pretty damn amazing!!!
    How about the Passport Slider?! Picture your beautiful Passport as is but, you can slide the keyboard away and when you do... wait for it... more screen pops out from the top!
    It would stay true to the Passport dimensions always and the 'slide' feature would not make it bigger but only switch it from all touch to physical keys. I know that this would require a small seam in the screen (a smaller additional screen panel would need to tuck away under the top but, still, how sweet would that be?! Excuse my artistic skills but here's what it could look like:

Finally!!! - A slider!-img_20150323_135228.jpg

03-23-15 03:57 PM
53 123