BTW Mr. John Chen reveals at CNBC the fact, that the priv will appear with Android-OS only! It is a kick in the arse to all loyal BBOS10 users. Obviously we "real" BB-users didn�t deserve a High-End device- its reserved for the Google-Suckers only... We have to face the low tec Leap, the mid-class Classic and a rehashed Passport in different shells...

Go to hell for this betrayal, BlackBerry

For sh+tstorm:
    https://twitter.com/JohnChen?lang=de

https://www.facebook.com/BlackBerry
    09-25-15 01:13 PM
    Ever see that Simpson's episode where Bart and Milhouse are fighting and slide out onto the ice of a Canadian curling show and the host says something like, "Both our viewers must be thrilled".. Well at whatever the little market share of BB10 is I kind of think of that...

I've gotten good use of BB10, will continue to do so, and am glad they're still around!

Just gotta look at it as a choice, as Chen puts it. Stick with what you have (ignoring some perceived obsolescence), or go with something else and try 'another os' with the Priv. I personally would have preferred to see BB10 on it too.
    BCITMike and KNEBB like this.
    09-25-15 01:54 PM
    It really shouldn't come to any surprise most have been aware it was going to eventually come down to this long ago. If it's not for you and you don't want to give it a shot, move on.

You can't please all the people all the time

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 02:10 PM
    Dont worry my friend, this is not the end.

This is just another path the company has taken, but It Will continue to stay in the road, because you and me and the other loyal users, just wait for the Next BlackBerry Thing...

What could It be?

A new BlackBerry OS?
    BlackBerry improved security? Remember Blackberry OS is in the group called NSA approved, and It doesnt a smart move to get the NSA overyou.
    A new BB11 device? (fingers crossed)

Who knows, just enjoy your BlackBerry as Im doing right now.

Great day.

Posted via CB10
    Anilu7 likes this.
    Wow decaf buddy! its a Phone .
    Go buy a passport. It's the best BlackBerry device ever made. What are you complaining about?
    09-25-15 02:17 PM
    The public didn't embrace BB10 no matter how much we BlackBerry loyalists love it. You can't expect BlackBerry to keep making something if no one is buying it! This is the only move left to try to revive the handset business...and it could work!

I'm still on a Z10 and still love it. But I will buy the priv (I too am not fond of that name)... if they've done a good job of integrating some of the classic BlackBerry functionality, then it may be a great phone, albeit Android based.

Here's the experiment... they know that they could make a great android phone. They need to see if they can add enough security layers to satisfy the government, military, and service sectors. If they can, then bb10 will likely, sadly fade.. if they cannot, then they will have to produce another bb10/bb11 device to keep that sector's business.

I will buy the priv. I'll miss the gestures, etc but I'll get used to it same as I went from bbos to bb10. Remember all the crying about that move?
    If BlackBerry releases a future bb10 flagship device, then I'll be right back, and there will be a ready market for my android-based quality slider phone.

I don't care for Android, but that doesn't matter, cause the world likes it. Having the few apps I was missing back will be nice. Having the android apps run smoothly will be nice. Having a cutting edge phone with a slide out BlackBerry keyboard, capacitive yet, will be nice. It will be much easier to steer people to BlackBerry with the priv. Maybe after they gain a foothold of the android market and give people a taste of real BlackBerry functionality there might be a chance to revive the BlackBerry 10 platform.

Don't blame BlackBerry. Blame the consumers.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 04:49 PM
    Keep it shipped with android but allow BlackBerry 10 diehards a BB10 autoloader.

That would work!

Posted via CB10
    erose75 and sonicpix like this.
    09-25-15 05:02 PM
    MRW each BlackBerry 10 post shows up in the Priv forum:

Seriously, give it up already.
    09-25-15 05:04 PM
    MRW each BlackBerry 10 post shows up in the Priv forum:

http://i.imgur.com/dXM6ONb.png

Seriously, give it up already.
    Ah this is good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    09-26-15 12:26 AM
    Keep it shipped with android but allow BlackBerry 10 diehards a BB10 autoloader.

That would work!

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately this is not possible. The Qualcomm BB10 drivers for the new chipset would be prohibitively expensive for BlackBerry. There are simply not enough users to make this feasible.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    09-26-15 12:48 AM
    Ok so let's be "REAL" honest about blackberry and BB10. Blackberry 10 should have been made and hit the market YEARS before it did. The leadership before Chen didn't take apple seriously enough and didn't move fast enough. We live in a technological industry that has no trouble leaving you behind if you don't adapt fast enough and that's what happened to blackberry. Chen is doing his best to save and try to restore the blackberry name. BB10 is the best OS on the market IMO. The majority of us know and feel that way. The issue is it came too late. Developers have moved on and don't see the worth of supporting BB10. That's just reality! We all have to face that. You can't love to survive and live inside a box. Chen is trying and taking a different approach. The app situation on BB10 is horrid. Instead of complaining the complainers can just decide not to purchase the Priv but yet still hope it does well because and win is good for BlackBerry right now. Keep your Q10, Classic, Passport, Z10, or Z30 and be happy with it. See what happens and root blackberry own and hope they can change the perception and overall outlook on them as a brand in the phone industry. As far as this guy it's BB4L.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 12:56 AM
    Lol these are not the droids you looking for

Posted via CB10
    astrodan13 and Anilu7 like this.
    09-26-15 02:33 AM
    Ok so let's be "REAL" honest about blackberry and BB10. Blackberry 10 should have been made and hit the market YEARS before it did. The leadership before Chen didn't take apple seriously enough and didn't move fast enough. We live in a technological industry that has no trouble leaving you behind if you don't adapt fast enough and that's what happened to blackberry. Chen is doing his best to save and try to restore the blackberry name. BB10 is the best OS on the market IMO. The majority of us know and feel that way. The issue is it came too late. Developers have moved on and don't see the worth of supporting BB10. That's just reality! We all have to face that. You can't love to survive and live inside a box. Chen is trying and taking a different approach. The app situation on BB10 is horrid. Instead of complaining the complainers can just decide not to purchase the Priv but yet still hope it does well because and win is good for BlackBerry right now. Keep your Q10, Classic, Passport, Z10, or Z30 and be happy with it. See what happens and root blackberry own and hope they can change the perception and overall outlook on them as a brand in the phone industry. As far as this guy it's BB4L.

Posted via CB10
    But but.... Hub.... Swipe... :-|

09-26-15 02:37 AM
    BTW Mr. John Chen reveals at CNBC the fact, that the priv will appear with Android-OS only! It is a kick in the arse to all loyal BBOS10 users. Obviously we "real" BB-users didn�t deserve a High-End device- its reserved for the Google-Suckers only... We have to face the low tec Leap, the mid-class Classic and a rehashed Passport in different shells...

For sh+tstorm:

Absolutely ridiculous

Posted via CB10
    light_barer and Asvertus like this.
    09-26-15 02:40 AM

For sh+tstorm:

So if I'm buying the Priv after using the Q10 and the Classic for more than two years does that mean I'm no "real" BlackBerry user anymore?

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 03:07 AM
    Unfortunately this is not possible. The Qualcomm BB10 drivers for the new chipset would be prohibitively expensive for BlackBerry. There are simply not enough users to make this feasible.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    I don't doubt getting the drivers written is expensive. But BlackBerry has several billion dollars in the bank. This excuse sounds like a bit more of a justification. Basically I think Chen wants to just say BlackBerry does not believe BlackBerry 10 devices will ever gain much sales. Which sounds terrible. Better to say nothing direct and offer drivers as an excuse amongst other things. Apps etc.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    09-26-15 03:15 AM

For sh+tstorm:

The hard truth is all bb10 fans combined represent what's almost equal to nothing of the phones market share. BlackBerry is a business and they need to do anything to make profitable, it's not personal as you make it out to be!
    light_barer and DolemiteDONS like this.
    09-26-15 04:18 AM
    There seems to be three or four factions always at work here.
    1) those who wish "BlackBerry10" to succeed,
    2) those who want BlackBerry to succeed,
    3) those who want Android to succeed within BlackBerry,
    4) and those who wish BlackBerry to fail....
    Firstly, for those that wish BlackBerry to fail, ask yourself what difference does it make to you. If you believe it's inferior, nature will take it's course. Why devote so much time on what you believe to be Inevitable .

And for the Android seekers, why this planet when you have a multitude of planets to choose from. Why is Planet BlackBerry so attractive to you. Is it the stability of the System, or the Security. Like you stated before, it's not the abundance of apps. But maybe it's the way they're designed and developed. I would say it's the keyboard, but so many say the keyboard was not necessary on a all touch device.
    But either way, the adaptation of Android could compromise many those factors. But the heart wants, what it wants, uh?

To those of you to wish BlackBerry to succeed by any means necessary, I ask why?
    If Aliens came down and said they could rid the world of Hunger and Disease , but part of the solution was exterminating the Human race, how much then would you care for their solutions, especially "if" it Eradicated you or your reasons to be here.
    That's how the BlackBerry10 Fateful feel about the solution.

But as far as BlackBerry10's early demise, please read the attached article.

http://rapidmobile.biz/android/news-...ed-blackberry/

Posted via CB10
    Jakob Greve and Anilu7 like this.
    09-26-15 04:26 AM
    Haha, too serious! Honestly, if this slider sells, it'll be better for the company and therefore BlackBerry 10. Don't worry about it, if the BlackBerry skin on Android develops nice and quick it'll give a similar feel anyway.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.2582 O2 UK
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    09-26-15 04:43 AM
    I just want that sweet physical keyboard again.

southlander likes this.
    09-26-15 04:56 AM

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    So if this is true then it looks like the decision has been made for any new updated spec BlackBerry 10 phones.....

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 07:55 AM
    Good luck. Maybe 1,000 will join you.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    09-26-15 08:40 AM
    So if this is true then it looks like the decision has been made for any new updated spec BlackBerry 10 phones.....

Posted via CB10
    That's pretty much how I read it. If the process is too expensive for this phone, then it's too expensive for any new phone. That also probably explains why the Leap and Classic were the same old boring hardware was the older units.

Posted via CB10 on Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    app_Developer likes this.
    09-26-15 09:07 AM
    I take the perspective that BB10 wasn't valued by the market as a whole. A lot of people would have been put off by crap such as the storm 1 and 2 and the low end specs of BlackBerry's in general vs anything and especially BB10.1 when it first launched. I think a lot of people tend to forget that bb10 was initially pretty lame, with forced reboots on top of less functionality that BB0S7.

The Z10 was pretty average with regards to battery life.

It wasn't until the Z30 came out that BlackBerry had a serious *** kicking phone, but it wasn't marketed and by that stage most people had written BlackBerry off.

BB10 is now pretty good but BlackBerry made a hash if it getting to this stage.

I like the current version of bb10. But I have often thought that if BlackBerry came to the party with top end specs for a change and married that with android you would have a winner on your hands. With marshmallow it looks like android is picking up on some of the good bits of bb10.

We know the hub and the BlackBerry productivity suite will be there. Now if only BlackBerry offered a skin or functionality that replicated the swipe and peak gestures and general UI . Combine that with awesome hardware and a sweet looking phone and bang you have the perfect device.

I reckon we should lobby Chen to have the peak and swipe gestures included in the BlackBerry productivity suite you never know he may just listen and it may just revolutionise android itself.

Posted via CB10
    DolemiteDONS and Anilu7 like this.
    09-26-15 10:16 AM
51 123