I currently own a Passport and Classic...who is on the fence when it comes to buying the Priv? Navigating the Crackberry forums there are many opinions going both ways. What's the number 1 reason to buy the Priv or not?

Posted via CB10
    01-12-16 07:49 AM
    I did not buy the Priv because I did not want a slider. I wanted a full touch phone, so I went with a bargain Android to back up my Passport.
    01-12-16 08:39 AM
    I'm obviously just speaking for myself, but if you dearly love the hub on your Passport and classic, i'd wait on the Priv. I may have stayed if the Priv had the peek feature, and I was badly missing triage mode in the hub. Blackberry should have also add the hub to the far left of your android home pages to somewhat mimic how it is on BB10. My Priv experience wasn't totally terrible. I may come back after a few updates from the blackberry apps (particularly the hub).
    kertong and Bfalcon1 like this.
    01-12-16 08:51 AM
    I switched from Passport to the Priv a month ago. I miss the hub, the keyboard and the file management on my Passport more than anything else.

I use the virtual keyboard more often than the slider keyboard as I find it doesn't respond the same as the Passport. also, I really liked the three row keyboard and find it slow to acclimate back to the 4 row of the Priv.

however, I do love my Priv, but I have had to stop comparing it to my Passport as they are just two completely different phones and therefore unfair to compare the two... all.

My 2 cents

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Bfalcon1 and FF22 like this.
    01-12-16 10:06 AM
    Most carriers have buyers remorse returns don't they? If your carrier has it, I'd suggest giving it a go for yourself. Nothing more valuable then getting a feel for the device for yourself.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-16 10:25 AM
    I did not buy the Priv because I did not want a slider. I wanted a full touch phone, so I went with a bargain Android to back up my Passport.
    How much thinner is that cheaper bargain basement Google Android smartphone than the BlackBerry Priv? It's not any thinner.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    01-12-16 12:52 PM
    How much thinner is that cheaper bargain basement Google Android smartphone than the BlackBerry Priv? It's not any thinner.

I'm not about to spend $699 to compare the size, especially since I do not want a slider. The thing most appealing to me was it is all touch, not how thin it is.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-12-16 02:02 PM
    I got the classic and passport, and now am using the classic and the Priv.

It's really a nice phone and the sliding thing is awesome. The huge amounts of apps is a nice thing to have. Overall I like the Priv more than the passport.

Posted via CB10
    Bfalcon1 and ptpete like this.
    01-12-16 02:09 PM
    I am coming from a passport and I am very happy now with the Priv.
    ptpete likes this.
    01-12-16 02:27 PM

BTW, its BlackBerry Priv Google Android. Not just BlackBerry Priv.
    01-12-16 02:30 PM
    If you are absolutely die hard blackberry and hate android I say no. If you could see yourself not hating it then I say get the priv. You'll love it. I'm a BlackBerry die hard but I always had a spot for android. This is the answer! I just got mine yesterday and I must say I'm pleasantly surprised. Also the battery is going strong on LTE even though I heard so much crap about the battery. Reasons are well it's unique. Awesome cameraaaaa.

Bfalcon1 likes this.
    01-12-16 02:38 PM
    I came from a Passport, but have used Android in the past. It was a seamless transfer for me. I'm happy with the Priv, and it will get better.
    ptpete likes this.
    01-12-16 02:40 PM
    I'm an Android user so I'm speaking from a different side here. I can say the priv screen is very nice and comparable to a galaxy or iPhone. Hub needs some work as it has sync issues. Also, the phone isn't the most comfortable to use for a long period of time. There are android devices that just feel amazing in your hand. Sadly the corners on this phone aren't ergonomic for hands.

Now with that said, I do like the phone. It looks nice and even with the corners being a little odd in my hands, I still love the feel of the phone. Sliding the keyboard open has a feeling to it I can only relate to the feeling I used to get when I'd close flip phones to end a conversation.
    Bfalcon1 likes this.
    01-12-16 05:10 PM
    I'm back to my Note Edge and Z30/Passport combo - Had the Priv since launch day and tried to love it but there are just too many bugs on it still, it lacks the file management and efficiency of a real BB, too many missing features which should be standard and the hollow creaky back really bothers me so I got rid of it. The camera although quite good for picture quality still takes too long for the shutter release. I will probably try it again if they upgrade the build quality (creaky hollow back) on it as I'm sure the software problems will get ironed out eventually.
    01-12-16 05:37 PM
    I applied this logic. BB10 wasn't selling enough for the Hardware division to stay profitable. After several attempts including the Passport it still wasn't. The move to Android was to see if that could be changed. If it's successful, BlackBerry will continue with Android. If it isn't, BlackBerry will likely drop their hardware production and I'd shift to Android. Either way the next chapter for me is Android. But if I waited a year, which would be easy to do since I LOVE my Passport, I would bypass participation in these CB forum discussions on how to do that and what about this. A year from now it would be a tougher transition.

So here I am. On the Priv and experiencing much fewer growing pains than when I picked up the Z10 at launch. Enjoying it much more than I thought I would and finding a whole new world in Android that I had no knowledge of prior.

For me ... It was the right move.

01-12-16 05:51 PM
    You make a lot of sense! I think you might have just convinced me properly even though I was probably looking to order it towards the end of the week!

Posted via CB10
    01-12-16 07:53 PM
    I applied this logic. BB10 wasn't selling enough for the Hardware division to stay profitable. After several attempts including the Passport it still wasn't. The move to Android was to see if that could be changed. If it's successful, BlackBerry will continue with Android. If it isn't, BlackBerry will likely drop their hardware production and I'd shift to Android. Either way the next chapter for me is Android. But if I waited a year, which would be easy to do since I LOVE my Passport, I would bypass participation in these CB forum discussions on how to do that and what about this. A year from now it would be a tougher transition.

So here I am. On the Priv and experiencing much fewer growing pains than when I picked up the Z10 at launch. Enjoying it much more than I thought I would and finding a whole new world in Android that I had no knowledge of prior.

For me ... It was the right move.

Same logic I used when I switched 4 days ago from my Z30 (which I loved dearly). Same outcome. Love my Priv. No issues. Although wish sms were better integrated into the hub and miss black theme for BBM. It is so true that the learning curve was way less steep than I anticipated.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    tufcustomer and Bfalcon1 like this.
    01-12-16 10:01 PM
    I went from a Z30 to a priv. Initially the switch to android sucked , however I have gotten used to it and the priv is really growing on me.

Yes I agree more work on the hub and some of the other BlackBerry apps is needed, but BlackBerry are doing this and at the moment there is enough BlackBerry familiarity to make me feel comfortable.

BB10 was well lame when it initially came out it took a good 6 months before it was decent.

I have been lucky no bugs or build quality issues.

The priv is a nice phone, I feel it is a step up on the Z30. Never liked the passport always thought it a bit fugly myself.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for BlackBerry PRIV
    Bfalcon1 likes this.
    01-12-16 11:10 PM
    I currently own a Passport and Classic...who is on the fence when it comes to buying the Priv? Navigating the Crackberry forums there are many opinions going both ways. What's the number 1 reason to buy the Priv or not?

Posted via CB10
    I was using the Classic when I decided to get the Priv. It does look good. Used the Priv for a few days... Not being a Fan of Android (or Apps) didn't make it easy.

In the end, the Priv for me remains a secondary phone (the hub integration for Whatsapp and SMS is ... a joke, so is the contacts module, and the email sync isn't exactly 100% reliable).

Back to the Classic as a daily driver and hoping that there will be considerable updates / improvements to the Priv. For now, it's just a toy / fancy paperweight.
    01-12-16 11:22 PM
    What's your typical use case? As most others have said, Hub and the keyboard on the Priv are inferior to the Passport. Also, it was shocking to find it was missing a few basic apps (file manager, picture viewer, music and video players, video editor). The apps you can replace, although you have to figure out what you want, which is kind of a pain. The Priv battery life is not nearly as good as the Passport's. If you switch, get ready to give the phone a quick mid-day charge if you have moderate or heavy use. I never had to charge the Passport mid-day, but have had to charge the Priv a few times already.

Screen, camera, app selection, and performance of Android apps are much better on the Priv.
    01-12-16 11:26 PM
    I'm obviously just speaking for myself, but if you dearly love the hub on your Passport and classic, i'd wait on the Priv. I may have stayed if the Priv had the peek feature, and I was badly missing triage mode in the hub. Blackberry should have also add the hub to the far left of your android home pages to somewhat mimic how it is on BB10. My Priv experience wasn't totally terrible. I may come back after a few updates from the blackberry apps (particularly the hub).
    There's an app called All in One Gestures that will mimic the swipe from left and show hub. It's not as fluid as on BB10, but works fine. It will also open hub with swipe from left from any app. Then a click on the back button to take you back to the app.

01-12-16 11:46 PM
    Yes. Yes you should.

01-13-16 12:31 AM

Posted via CB10
    I had the priv from day 1 ,like I have said on a couple of other threads my priv is now back in its back and I'm back to my passport/classic I am not saying the priv is bad .....but ....it is not a blackberry in my eyes ,the screen is great the camera is great and if you are an app junkie(I'm not ) then that is great and if you like droid then you maybe ok with it but when I went back to my passport i don't know it all just seems so good and right .....each to there own try it see how you get on but just don't think it will be like your passport or classic
    01-13-16 12:44 AM
    Simple: no!

01-13-16 03:16 AM
    I had the priv from day 1 ,like I have said on a couple of other threads my priv is now back in its back and I'm back to my passport/classic I am not saying the priv is bad .....but ....it is not a blackberry in my eyes ,the screen is great the camera is great and if you are an app junkie(I'm not ) then that is great and if you like droid then you maybe ok with it but when I went back to my passport i don't know it all just seems so good and right .....each to there own try it see how you get on but just don't think it will be like your passport or classic
    Exactly!

It's NOT a blackberry.
    Does it work - Yes.
    Is it efficient - No!

The BB10 os (especially if you have the Classic with the Tool Belt) is efficient. Elegant. Not unnecessarily cluttered. It WORKS without the hassle of running around CUSTOMISING the damn thing to make it usable.

But for the people who like androids, PREFER it that way. A simple, elegant, efficient solution is not what interests them. A CUSTOMISED handset is what they are after (even if it means having to download an APP for a functional File manager).
    will308 likes this.
    01-13-16 04:04 AM
49 12