Looks like there will be some growing pains moving from 100% BB10 to Android. There will be some "lost" features that may need some type of alternative to make things easier for us. This is asking past/current Android users if they can help with feature/app alternatives. I'll update as folks chime in. Off the top of my head I've heard there's no bedside mode or file manager. Anything else anybody can think of that's not in Priv, let me know too. Thank you all in advance.

Bedside mode = Downtime and Nightmode
    File manager = Solid Explore/ES File Manager
    Volume Control?
    Led notification = Light Flow

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by theegoldenone; 11-07-15 at 03:06 AM.
    11-05-15 01:14 AM
    No hypervisor? *trollface*

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 01:35 AM
    Well be prepared to have to do a bit more to get the same results and also you will notice certain things and think "Really, Android doesn't have that." or "Wow, do I really have to do all that".

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 02:35 AM
    There are lots of file managers in Google Play, you just have to find one that suits your needs. 2 of my favourites are:
    Solid Explorer - it is a paid app with 14 day trial that also supports a lot of cloud services
    ES File manager - used it a lot before I found Solid explorer ad it is also very good.
    11-05-15 04:54 AM
    There might not be some features there now, but that doesn't mean BB won't added them in the future. If they tried to have them all at launch, the phone might not be released for another year. I think they had to select what they can code now, and do the rest later.
    theegoldenone likes this.
    11-05-15 05:42 AM
    Looks like there will be some growing pains moving from 100% BB10 to Android. There will be some "lost" features that may need some type of alternative to make things easier for us. This is asking past/current Android users if they can help with feature/app alternatives. I'll update as folks chime in. Off the top of my head I've heard there's no bedside mode or file manager. Anything else anybody can think of that's not in Priv, let me know too. Thank you all in advance.

Bedside mode =
    File manager =

Posted via CB10
    There is bedside mode, well actually "downtime" it's how android calls it and you can set it up ot activate automatically at a given time. It puts the phone on "priority notifications only"(and you decide what's priority)

Posted via CB10
    theegoldenone likes this.
    11-05-15 05:50 AM
    No hypervisor? *trollface*

Posted via CB10
    Hypervision is offline due to financial constraints ;(

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 09:08 AM
    There might not be some features there now, but that doesn't mean BB won't added them in the future. If they tried to have them all at launch, the phone might not be released for another year. I think they had to select what they can code now, and do the rest later.
    I understand that and agree. But until those features are there, might as well find some alternatives to help out.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 09:11 AM
    I understand that and agree. But until those features are there, might as well find some alternatives to help out.

Posted via CB10
    true
    11-05-15 10:33 AM
    Volume control.

Can you have separate volume levels per notification type?

Can the volume for notifications be independent of media volume? For example, if I turn the volume all the way down for those pop-up video ads in websites, does that also turn the notification sounds all the way down?

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 10:46 AM
    Volume control.

Can the volume for notifications be independent of media volume? For example, if I turn the volume all the way down for those pop-up video ads in websites, does that also turn the notification sounds all the way down?

Posted via CB10
    Good question. I'm sure will figure out a lot more by tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 06:23 PM
    I always recommend Light Flow. It's the "BeBuzz" of the Android world, allowing a great deal of control over the notification light, notification sounds and volumes, etc.

Otherwise, Tasker will let you automate darn near anything.
    theegoldenone and 74 Bronco like this.
    11-05-15 06:33 PM
    Keep the suggestions coming

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 03:08 AM
    Are you sure about Light Flow? It does not look like it allows different colors for different contacts (BeBuzz does this PLUS you can have different colors for the SAME contact for different methods of contact). It also looks like Light Flow does not have disco color scheme or even the option for two colors. Not sure if Light Manager has any of these features... but then again it looks like it is not a very stable app at this point.
    I like to keep my phone on silent and finding the best app (like BeBuzz) is very important. Also, I'm not a fan of how Andriod will stop flashing the LED color whenever a new notification comes in. For example, text is white and BBM is red. If I get a text it will flash white until i check the phone, or until a BBM will come in. Then it will only flash red. It should flash white then red until i check the phone. It's ok the this is not a stock feature, as long as there is an app that can handle this feature. BeBuzz has spoiled me (although I'm not a fan how they got rid of BBM Contact support in BB10). Please advise! Thank you in advance for all the help and support!!!
    11-10-15 10:21 AM
    Volume control.

Posted via CB10
    You can control volumes in 3 categories separately. Those are

Notification
    Media
    Alarm

The way you get to this menu on the Blackberry Priv is using the middle volume button.

Edit - sorry about the pic. Meant to attach a screenshot but missed the click apparently. Now I can't get rid of the thumb.
    Attached Thumbnails Features/apps - Transitioning to Priv.-img_20151110_0649361.jpg  
    Last edited by mstrblueskys; 11-10-15 at 04:44 PM.
    11-10-15 10:42 AM
    You can control volumes in 3 categories separately. Those are

Notification
    Media
    Alarm

The way you get to this menu on the Blackberry Priv is using the middle volume button.
    Good to know. Thanks.

I don't suppose there's a way to set individual volume levels per notification type. I like my email notification sound to be rather low, but my text notification much louder.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 12:40 PM
    Good to know. Thanks.

I don't suppose there's a way to set individual volume levels per notification type. I like my email notification sound to be rather low, but my text notification much louder.

Posted via CB10
    Can you do that on BB10?! That's awesome.

I don't think there's a way to set different notification volumes for different notifications. The only way I see this happening is setting different notification sounds for different accounts in HUB or for different apps and making the text notification a more interruptive noise and email a bit more chill. HUB notifications are actually pretty customizable, but I can't see that there's independent volume rules.

That's the best I've got. Hopefully that helps.
    11-10-15 04:49 PM
    I don't suppose there's a way to set individual volume levels per notification type.
    I believe some third-party apps like LightFlow allow this.
    11-10-15 09:15 PM
    Yes it is different. now get use to it. Some things are better some things are worse, It is Android and not BB10, you go into it knowing it so give it a chance.
    11-10-15 09:25 PM