This thought crossed my mind today, which would be awesome if implemented in my opinion.

Right now, the HUB will open BBM messages and email in its own instance, if the item is opened from within the HUB. If instead the item is opened from within the notification center, a separate instance will open up (even for email).

For me, who likes to keep its open apps as empty as possible to enable faster multitasking, it would be awesome if opening a messaging item from the notification center would also open through the HUB instance and not as a separate instance.

Because right now I must force myself to either open up the hub first and then open the message from there or open it from the notification center and then close the extra instance afterwards.

What do you guys think?
    Obviously it would be awesome, if also text messages, What's app and other stuff would open in the Hub instance but let's start small
    rai187 and tigrute like this.
    02-10-16 12:24 PM
    Isn't the hub the notification center?
    02-10-16 12:46 PM
    Not really, on BB10 it was, no there is the Android 'notification center' which holds all notifications and the Hub, which holds a subset of those!
    02-10-16 12:48 PM
    Welcome to the department of redundancy department.
    02-10-16 12:56 PM
    Neither BBM nor email open a second instance

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-10-16 01:03 PM
    if you open from the notification center they do!
    They don't if I open from the Hub!
    02-10-16 01:06 PM
    if you open from the notification center they do!
    They don't if I open from the Hub!
    That's how Android works. The notification center is controlled by the OS not BlackBerry.

02-10-16 03:45 PM
    But I'm pretty sure that Blackberry can tell the OS what to open when I open an email, whose account is a HUB account! Right now they open up a separate instance, I think this should be possible directly through the Hub !
    At least it would be cool!
    02-10-16 03:51 PM
    Don't waste your time, I have been over this with the blackberry android guys, I swear none of them ever tried blackberry 10 first

crackberry_geek likes this.
    02-10-16 04:28 PM
    Don't waste your time, I have been over this with the blackberry android guys, I swear none of them ever tried blackberry 10 first

Such a shame.

I do encounter similar issues when explaining to people who have never used a BB or BB10. The looks they give me suggests as if I am demanding something unreal / impossible. When I tell them that's how I have been using the handsets for YEARS, they find it difficult to swallow BUT continue to insist that ANDROID and IOS are significantly more advanced.

Sure... they might be more advanced for other things... but they are nowhere CLOSE to BB/BB10's efficient elegant, and above all, SIMPLE solutions that have been available for years now when it comes to notification handling (interactive notifications), integration etc.AND NONE OF THAT required any 3rd party APP!
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    02-10-16 11:47 PM
    Yeah, you are right! But at this point, it seems obvious that the only part forward for BlackBerry is to improve their Android fork and make the best of it!
    And to be honest, there are parts of the OS that I think are better than on BB10 in my opinion, I like it when I have all the current information at a glance available, this can be easily done with widgets, for this I had to 'misuse' active frames on my BB10 devices!
    But especially communication was a lot better on BB10 through this unified experience in the Hub and I hope that they can bring over as many features as possible
    02-11-16 02:07 AM
    Yeah, you are right! But at this point, it seems obvious that the only part forward for BlackBerry is to improve their Android fork and make the best of it!
    And to be honest, there are parts of the OS that I think are better than on BB10 in my opinion, I like it when I have all the current information at a glance available, this can be easily done with widgets, for this I had to 'misuse' active frames on my BB10 devices!
    But especially communication was a lot better on BB10 through this unified experience in the Hub and I hope that they can bring over as many features as possible
    True. Some things may definitely be better.

Also, I am pretty confident that a non BB/BB10 user using the PRIV may not even see a lot of the issues that some of us are yapping on about (they wouldn't have a way to compare the experiences and these would just perhaps be MINOR annoyances to them).

BUT... I would really like it if the device would offer the best of both and reduce the annoyances / issues of the individual platforms.

I mean... ALL this talk about Android OS being super customisable and all that, surely there could be a work-around. For us non-APP junkies (some of us, including myself), we would like some of the things out of the box and working fine.

The Android-savvy will manage to put up with the annoyances or find out the apps that do what they need ... some will come up with Tasker options or what not.... but for the rest of us, retaining SOME of the BB features and making sure they work would be absolutely amazing.

And... well... A BIT of logic used when coming up with the interface would REALLY help.

Now I KNOW for a fact that this is a non issue for seasoned Android users, but think about it - I type out the email (VKB or PKB) and those would be towards the bottom of the screen, BUT to actually SEND this email, I now have to move my thumb / finger all the way to the TOP of the screen.

I know it COULD be placed there intentionally to avoid ACCIDENTALLY tapping on it and sending a half finished email, BUT at least give us the option to have a key combination to send from the KB itself ... OR something towards the bottom of the screen.

That's really NOT that difficult, now is it?!

I mean.. they seem to be putting significantly more thought and efforts in making the icons appear as circle... or the contacts module displaying contacts in different colours and MORE circles through out the modules (which I absolutely hate... freaking childish)... So why not put in some effort in things that ACTUALLY could make a difference?

Yes, there may be tons of apps out there that would help me get rid of the Circles and Colours in the contacts module... MAY BE there might be one that shifts the SEND button to the bottom as well (if not necessarily for the emails from the HUB), but it does seem to me it would make sense to have THESE things priortised in the product development as opposed to 'how else can we fill the screen with round icons and colours'.
    02-11-16 02:20 AM
    You're absolutely right, for people not used to BB10 all of those issues may seem like minor complaints.
    The same goes for the interface, which was "most of the time" at the bottom for BB10 apps and now has nearly entirely moved up to the top. I think this has to do with the fact that Android has buttons on the bottom and therefore it would not be as good if multiple input points are located too close to each other.
    But still, this was part of their ethos, a phone which would be easy to operate with one hand!

But also to be fair, I had and loved the Passport and this was certainly no phone to be operated with one hand, it was simply to wide for most tasks.

To be honest, with time I learn to love a lot of Android features and even found amazing apps to do my stuff even faster than on BB10, but my biggest gripe is with the whole "communication stuff".

On BB10 this was so straight forward and fast, no other OS can compare, it allowed me to view my messages, reply and put away my phone within seconds, I love it when technology is non-intrusive like this.
    Now I spend significantly more time to view my communications and reply and I hope this will become faster down the line.

And one way would be if they found a way to integrate the HUB deeper into the OS, because right now it behaves as a supplementary app and therefore sometimes takes more time than it could save me.

And by opening messages in the HUB instance instead of separate instances, this would additionally streamline the process and make multitasking more fun for me.
    L o r d R a j likes this.
    02-11-16 03:09 AM
    I imagine BBM will get the quick reply like seen on many sms apps. And this will make it more like BBM on BB10.

Posted via my BlackBerry Slider
    02-11-16 04:33 AM
    This is a non issue for me. If I don't want an instance of the app top open, I open the message from Hub.

02-11-16 04:51 AM
    the quick reply option would be really nice!

and yeah, you could simply always open the Hub first, and this works if there is just communication coming via Hub-enabled ways, but for me there is also Skype and all kinds of other notifications!
    So it is easier to go to the place where everything is located and that's the notification center!
    02-11-16 07:43 AM