...they are ATT Unlocked.

I Just bought an advertised "Factory Unlocked" for $564 "sold by Amazon LLC" but instead received an ATT unlocked. Further, the tape seal on the box was replaced, so it was likely used / a return.

Also, after research, I found that all other sellers on Amazon selling "Factory Unlocked" Privs - at least below $600 - are also selling ATT unlocks - although I am still waiting for confirmation regarding Shoptropics, which actually looks promising. I'll report back as soon as I get clarity, likely tomorrow.

Just sharing this info as there have been a few posters in the forum here claiming otherwise (who either did receive factory unlocks and then Amazon shifted inventory, or they were mistaken or providing misleading info).

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by nathan62969; 05-11-16 at 09:22 PM.
    05-11-16 08:23 PM
    Yea they told me it is black box. plz let me know if you get it!
    05-11-16 09:22 PM
    Oh wonderful. Thanks for the post. I'll know when it arrives tomorrow.
    05-11-16 09:30 PM
    Send it back. Probably a mixup at Amazon.
    05-11-16 09:31 PM
    Amazon did that to me with the classic, gave me a return. They hooked me up and made it right though. Love Amazon for the most part.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-11-16 11:54 PM
    Followup:

I talked with Amazon customer service. They said they would send a replacement and assured me they would send me a Factory Unlocked Priv, not an ATT unlocked. I shared my skepticism, but they still wanted to assure me. But, alas, they sent me an ATT unlocked Priv again. So back it goes. And so - even though I do not see Amazon selling new Priv's any more - I would say don't buy it unless you really want an ATT unlocked device, and comments from others saying they did receive factory unlocks and not ATT unlocks possibly means Amazon is shifty with their inventory, at best.

However, I also ordered a Priv from Shoptronics through Amazon for $499 plus tax, which came out to $538 not including shipping, and it was indeed a Factory Unlocked Priv Although the back tape seals on the box had been cut, which leads me to think their inventory may have come from somewhere else as handled in some degree, no problems and I am happy thusfar.

So, Shoptronics (note, they also are selling the Priv through their website at $699) appears legit as the most aggressive in pricing for the Factory Unlocked Priv at the moment.
    Last edited by nathan62969; 05-13-16 at 10:50 PM.
    05-13-16 09:33 PM