I know that I can perform a factory reset going through the Settings on the phone, but I've also read that the Android OS has another way to perform a factory reset - as an option in the Recovery Mode, which you find by doing some pattern of Volume/Power/blah blah blah.

My question is... is there a difference between the two types of factory resets?
    11-11-15 07:46 AM
    I don't believe there's a difference between the two, but the factory reset through Recovery Mode is probably there for people that are having issues with their phone and can't get into the phone's settings the proper way to reset it. Or, if you're flashing different ROMs and factory images, then you would do your factory reset from within Recovery Mode.
    ce71 likes this.
    11-11-15 08:06 AM
    Be aware that if you've set up the phone you need the google account and password to be able to set it up again once you factory reset.

If you don't have it you just bricked the device. This is an anti-theft measure as it makes a stolen device worthless.
    ce71 likes this.
    11-11-15 08:40 AM
    Be aware that if you've set up the phone you need the google account and password to be able to set it up again once you factory reset.

If you don't have it you just bricked the device. This is an anti-theft measure as it makes a stolen device worthless.
    But there should be a way to make changes when you want to sell the device? In BB10, you turn off Blackberry Protect.
    11-11-15 10:32 AM
    I believe you can shut it off in the phone's settings (not sure where, however) but you have to do it before you do the factory reset.

California forced this, basically, with a recently-passed law.
    11-11-15 10:50 AM
    It's under: Settings > Device Administrators > Android Device Manager
    Uncheck the box when you want to sell your device.

If you want to find, lock or wipe it remotely, go to: https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager
    saxxman likes this.
    11-11-15 11:03 AM