My battery would get awfully hot and also would drain fast.. and it would take forever to charge it up. If you are having the same problems as this then factory reset your phone, this fixed my Priv and it works perfectly now.

I know this has been stated before just sharing it once more for the people who haven't found the solution yet.
    11-22-15 11:42 PM
    Yep, I can definitely confirm this, works 100% I was really frustrated with it and didn't want to return a second phone. Saw in another thread that someone did it and it worked for me. I'll link the thread if I find it again, should helps anyone who reads this.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-23-15 12:45 AM
    I will try it it and let you guys know

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv
    11-23-15 02:42 PM
    I've not received my Priv yet, but will do this upon getting it.

What are the steps to do a Factory Reset on the Priv?
    11-23-15 02:46 PM
    +1 not sure why but this made a huge difference and the battery is much colder.
    11-23-15 03:26 PM
    My battery would get awfully hot and also would drain fast.. and it would take forever to charge it up. If you are having the same problems as this then factory reset your phone, this fixed my Priv and it works perfectly now.

I know this has been stated before just sharing it once more for the people who haven't found the solution yet.
    Would you mind providing some details on what you consider to be draining fast and taking forever to charge? Specifically, "Screen on Time" (Battery page -> click "Screen", "Use Details/Time On"). It can also be helpful in diagnosis to provide the percentage of power your screen uses as compared to apps/services. Also, approximately how long does it take to charge?

I'm just trying to gauge how my battery life compares to yours. I feel dissatisfied with my battery life, but it's honestly not what I would consider bad. Just underwhelming. For comparison purposes, here's mine: The screen on time has ranged between 4-5 hours, running it from 100% charge down to like 5% or so. The screen itself typically uses around 50% of the power, with no apps (including Android and BB Services) over 5%. Stand-by life is really good for me, but I'm more concerned with power consumption when I use it.
    11-23-15 03:29 PM
    How do you back up texts before doing this?

11-23-15 03:39 PM
    There are several posts on this subject. I average 6-8 hours of SOT. My max was 11 using battery saving mode. Just follow the set up advice and enjoy!

11-23-15 05:57 PM