Facebook push notifications is not working. But the notification option is on. Any solution?

Posted via CB10
    dni1230 likes this.
    04-15-17 03:54 AM
    Facebook push notifications is not working. But the notification option is on. Any solution?

Posted via CB10
    Try a reboot. Press and hold the power button for 32 seconds. See if that resets whatever is causing the problem.
    04-15-17 09:13 AM
    Try a reboot. Press and hold the power button for 32 seconds. See if that resets whatever is causing the problem.
    I did it. But still not working.
    04-15-17 11:07 AM
    I did it. But still not working.
    Try deleting the app and reinstalling.
    04-15-17 11:21 AM
    Try deleting the app and reinstalling.
    Tried that too. No use
    04-15-17 11:23 AM
    Which notification exactly are we talking about? Facebook, Facebook Messenger app, Facebook lite, notifications through the browser...? Which notification option is on? The one in the app, the one under Settings > Apps, is background data usage maybe restricted?
    04-16-17 08:30 AM
    I have been experiencing the same issue with Facebook push notification not working. This is through the Facebook app. I haven't tried uninstalling the app but I might give a shot. I've looked into everything else. I only receive push notification between Midnight and 8:00 am as if the app and the push notifications are set on a timer. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
    07-28-17 11:30 AM
    I do not have Facebook app. browser can push notifications as well. no need for app that kills battery and phone performance.
    Wezard likes this.
    07-30-17 07:27 AM
    Boy it's hard keeping my mouth shut about FaceBook , and FB notifications re battery life, heating and data use.
    Try getting rid of the FaceBook app and using Friendly instead.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...friendly&hl=en
    There's another one called Swift for FaceBook that a lot of people are also happy with.
    07-31-17 07:48 AM
    Boy it's hard keeping my mouth shut about FaceBook , and FB notifications re battery life, heating and data use.
    Try getting rid of the FaceBook app and using Friendly instead.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...friendly&hl=en
    There's another one called Swift for FaceBook that a lot of people are also happy with.
    The other option for Facebook, is to turn off notifications, and turn off background data for it. It now doesn't affect my device. I only need it to work while I am actively looking at it, and it does that just fine.
    07-31-17 04:17 PM
    The other option for Facebook, is to turn off notifications, and turn off background data for it. It now doesn't affect my device. I only need it to work while I am actively looking at it, and it does that just fine.
    Did that, and it ran fine for months, but then an update caused it to start eating battery, even with everything off and the app closed. So I just got rid of it.
    And, anytime there was an update, a lot of the notifications got turned back on, that just irritated me. Then notifications started popping up on the home screen and couldn't be turned off, except on an individual, case by case basis. With background cellular restricted, it would only do it when connected to wifi. I don't need "FB thinks you might know, (1/2 a dozen people I never heard of)" popping up on my home screen, or anywhere else.

Just realized I got the above out of chronological order, oh well, not going to redo it.
    FaceBook can be fun, but their app is incredibly invasive. If there are better ones out there, why not use them?
    newcollector likes this.
    08-01-17 07:54 AM
    Not sure if this will help anyone, but I ran into a similar issue with the BlackBerry suite installed on an S7. After adjusting the settings of a bloatware disabler (turning certain unrelated apps on or off) push notifications for the Hub were deactivated. For example, emails were no longer received unless I opened the Hub app. The only way for me to get them back was to uninstall and reinstall the Hub, which basically means re-entering all the accounts and re-enabling all permissions for the app. I suspect doing the same on the KeyONE may also work, although obviously that is a very tedious process if you have multiple apps having this issue.
    08-01-17 08:59 AM
    Did that, and it ran fine for months, but then an update caused it to start eating battery, even with everything off and the app closed. So I just got rid of it.
    And, anytime there was an update, a lot of the notifications got turned back on, that just irritated me. Then notifications started popping up on the home screen and couldn't be turned off, except on an individual, case by case basis. With background cellular restricted, it would only do it when connected to wifi. I don't need "FB thinks you might know, (1/2 a dozen people I never heard of)" popping up on my home screen, or anywhere else.

Just realized I got the above out of chronological order, oh well, not going to redo it.
    FaceBook can be fun, but their app is incredibly invasive. If there are better ones out there, why not use them?
    I do it like this because it works. If you have background data turned off, it cannot do what you described. FB may be fun to you, but with the number of friends I have on my list, due to work, I do not need to have 1300 notifications that 80 of my friends just picked their nose. If yours started giving you notifications, you could not possibly have had all notifications turned off. Mine has been running fine like this since Novemeber of 2016 when I go this phone.

The app is not invasive if you turn off background data, and swipe it out of the recents when you are done looking at it.

I am not keen on third part apps for FB, since that means a third party can potentially gain access to your account. All that being said, the Facebook app is horrid.
    08-01-17 10:31 AM
    Facebook app is horrid.
    Well we agree on something.
    I use it strictly for fun, it's not uncommon for me to go a month with looking at it.
    Wish I could remember exactly what FaceBook's response was when I complained about not being able to turn off those notifacations, but it was something along the lines of they had to be turned off as they came in. That was months ago, maybe even a year.
    And turning off 'background cellular data' will not not stop an app from doing what it want's on wifi
    08-01-17 06:13 PM
    Well we agree on something.
    I use it strictly for fun, it's not uncommon for me to go a month with looking at it.
    Wish I could remember exactly what FaceBook's response was when I complained about not being able to turn off those notifacations, but it was something along the lines of they had to be turned off as they came in. That was months ago, maybe even a year.
    And turning off 'background cellular data' will not not stop an app from doing what it want's on wifi
    That's really odd. Did you remove FB from the Hub? I get zero notifications from FB. Yeah, I'm aware of the WIFI situation, I rarely have mine on WIFI.
    08-01-17 06:17 PM
    They were not Hub notifications, I've never put FB on the Hub.
    I'm not sure of the terminology, a little icon would appear upper left, beside the carrier icon, the same size. Like a Play Store notification of updates, a one finger swipe down would bring up a FB notification. And it definitely was not all notifications, just whatever FB decided to bypass my settings with at the time.
    Checked settings at least half a dozen times, searched online trying to figure out how to stop them, finally sent FB a message. Took a couple of tries, because apparently a program reads them and sends a canned response.
    I had spent the better part of a year telling people basically the same as you, 'turn that stuff off and FB works OK'.
    Apparently they have eliminated that "feature"? That was the final straw, with all the other problems and settings being changed every time they updated the app, I dumped it and went third party.
    I figure anything on FB is completely public anyway, Friendly has a much smaller footprint, is faster and uses far less resources.
    No third party could be any worse than FB for data mining, and they prob sell the info to the same people for less money. So I get an app that does what I want, better, and the marketers and spies get a discount. Thats a win win.

That's really odd.
    08-02-17 06:49 AM
    They were not Hub notifications, I've never put FB on the Hub.
    I'm not sure of the terminology, a little icon would appear upper left, beside the carrier icon, the same size. Like a Play Store notification of updates, a one finger swipe down would bring up a FB notification. And it definitely was not all notifications, just whatever FB decided to bypass my settings with at the time.
    Checked settings at least half a dozen times, searched online trying to figure out how to stop them, finally sent FB a message. Took a couple of tries, because apparently a program reads them and sends a canned response.
    I had spent the better part of a year telling people basically the same as you, 'turn that stuff off and FB works OK'.
    Apparently they have eliminated that "feature"? That was the final straw, with all the other problems and settings being changed every time they updated the app, I dumped it and went third party.
    I figure anything on FB is completely public anyway, Friendly has a much smaller footprint, is faster and uses far less resources.
    No third party could be any worse than FB for data mining, and they prob sell the info to the same people for less money. So I get an app that does what I want, better, and the marketers and spies get a discount. Thats a win win.
    Mine never exhibited that behavior. Once I went through and turned every notification off, I got no notifications.

No, everything on Facebook isn't public, it all depends on how you configure your privacy settings. FB will always have access, that is a no brainer. I don't really want a private developer to have access though, and it is possible. There can be many problems with security when you use FB through a third party app, it depends on what servers your credentials pass through in order to log in. There was an app for BB10 that was passing through an unsecured server leaving your credentials open for all to view. The developer fixed it, but for quite a while many were affected. It all depends on your comfort with risk.
    08-02-17 10:12 AM
    Perhaps FaceBook put me on an experimental update, without my knowledge, or permission. If if was done to see what kind of non solicited feed back they would get, they got plenty of bad from me, before I dumped it.
    I do know how to tweak their so called security settings, but if you want to have fun with it, friends and friends of friends is pretty much required.
    I have no idea what you mean by credentials, FB has part of my name, and an incorrect birthdate, thats about it. The only thing a 3rd party could get is my user name and passcode, which I'm not worried about. There is no financial gain to had be had by anybody hacking my FB. The only thing that would happen is I'd get some messages from friends, on a real communications channel, saying "Hey dude, someone is hacking your FB".
    I won't put anything on there that I wouldn't care if got printed in the newspaper and posted on Utube. So as far as I'm concerned, everything on there is public knowledge.
    08-02-17 05:44 PM
    Perhaps FaceBook put me on an experimental update, without my knowledge, or permission. If if was done to see what kind of non solicited feed back they would get, they got plenty of bad from me, before I dumped it.
    I do know how to tweak their so called security settings, but if you want to have fun with it, friends and friends of friends is pretty much required.
    I have no idea what you mean by credentials, FB has part of my name, and an incorrect birthdate, thats about it. The only thing a 3rd party could get is my user name and passcode, which I'm not worried about. There is no financial gain to had be had by anybody hacking my FB. The only thing that would happen is I'd get some messages from friends, on a real communications channel, saying "Hey dude, someone is hacking your FB".
    I won't put anything on there that I wouldn't care if got printed in the newspaper and posted on Utube. So as far as I'm concerned, everything on there is public knowledge.
    The credentials I am speaking of are your log in credentials, email and password. They were going through an unsecured server and were open for anyone to see. You may not put anything in there you don't want people to see, but what about your friends? I have people on my friend list who do not wish to be known by the general public, with my password, and log in email, they can be seen. Some of my friends are well known and like to stay as private as possible.

I too don't post anything that will harm me, but that doesn't mean I want my information public. Also, what about Messenger? Anyone who has your login details can see all of your messages. I'd rather not take the risk.
    08-03-17 10:29 AM
    The credentials I am speaking of are your log in credentials, email and password. They were going through an unsecured server and were open for anyone to see. You may not put anything in there you don't want people to see, but what about your friends? I have people on my friend list who do not wish to be known by the general public, with my password, and log in email, they can be seen. Some of my friends are well known and like to stay as private as possible.

I too don't post anything that will harm me, but that doesn't mean I want my information public. Also, what about Messenger? Anyone who has your login details can see all of your messages. I'd rather not take the risk.
    All my friends have the same attitude, as me, don't put anything even remotely sensitive on FB, no telling who might see it.
    08-06-17 08:39 PM