So I don't use Facebook all day but when I get up in the morning first thing I do is grab my phone check the local news and work emails (I'm in IT) and then I open Facebook and catch up on the previous day from friends and family. I will go to the app I will see a post i like and I click on an article which will open a side window to read the article, I will close this window and for some reason my feed is back to the top.. WTF this happens all the time that my feed view gets reset to be at the top entry after opening an article. It will also happen if I watched a video and go back it's like the feed has scrolled up 10 items for some reason. If i minimize the app to go research something or look for a photo to add to a post i open the app and its at the top again. It is not always it seems like its 50/50 this happens. And because I don't read it all day there can be a lot of info in my feed so I could be down 500 items so when it resets to the top it can be very annoying and then the worse is it will update my feed to different stuff and I cant find what i was reading.

Tell me I am not the only one having these issues
    02-02-16 09:03 AM
    So I don't use Facebook all day but when I get up in the morning first thing I do is grab my phone check the local news and work emails (I'm in IT) and then I open Facebook and catch up on the previous day from friends and family. I will go to the app I will see a post i like and I click on an article which will open a side window to read the article, I will close this window and for some reason my feed is back to the top.. WTF this happens all the time that my feed view gets reset to be at the top entry after opening an article. It will also happen if I watched a video and go back it's like the feed has scrolled up 10 items for some reason. If i minimize the app to go research something or look for a photo to add to a post i open the app and its at the top again. It is not always it seems like its 50/50 this happens. And because I don't read it all day there can be a lot of info in my feed so I could be down 500 items so when it resets to the top it can be very annoying and then the worse is it will update my feed to different stuff and I cant find what i was reading.

Tell me I am not the only one having these issues
    Strange, I just tried the same on a nexus 5 and couldn't reproduce the issue. I tried both the "top stories" mode and the "most recent" mode and i opened a few articles and then when I clicked back it got me on the exact place where I opened the article. Same for app switching. I am not exactly sure it about the FB app having an issue.
    02-02-16 09:09 AM
    Use the mobile site on chrome. You can still get push notifications. It's a much better experience and will save you a lot battery life. Links won't open in Facebook's built in "lite browser" or whatever they call it, they'll just open in a new chrome tab, so you won't have that issue anymore.
    02-02-16 09:09 AM
    Use the mobile site on chrome. You can still get push notifications. It's a much better experience and will save you a lot battery life. Links won't open in Facebook's built in "lite browser" or whatever they call it, they'll just open in a new chrome tab, so you won't have that issue anymore.
    The facebook app also has the setting to open link in the external browser if the user so desires.
    02-02-16 09:14 AM
    The facebook app also has the setting to open link in the external browser if the user so desires.
    Nice, maybe that would fix his issue too. If it has that option then he could install Link Bubble so it opens in an expandable chathead-like overlay window to be sure that it doesn't redraw his Facebook feed.
    02-02-16 09:16 AM
    yeah its not all the time and being an IT guy I keep trying to figure out what I am doing to cause it.. So far I cant figure out why it keeps doing it.

As for using Chrome you would have to keep Facebook open all day then no. or do you just mean keep the app installed but when I browse in the morning just use the website? and about battery, I spend about 30 minutes in the morning reading Facebook stuff and it eats about 15-20% of my battery screen brightness on low
    I didn't know that I will try that
    yeah its not all the time and being an IT guy I keep trying to figure out what I am doing to cause it.. So far I cant figure out why it keeps doing it.

As for using Chrome you would have to keep Facebook open all day then no. or do you just mean keep the app installed but when I browse in the morning just use the website? and about battery, I spend about 30 minutes in the morning reading Facebook stuff and it eats about 15-20% of my battery screen brightness on low
    No you don't have to keep Chrome open to get the push notifications, that's a feature of the Google Cloud Messaging system. There's been some articles on it that might be able to answer more questions for you, here's one from Android Central: http://m.androidcentral.com/it-turns...d-pretty-great
    02-02-16 09:20 AM

Yeah, I'm also an IT guy (I am an app dev right now) and that's why I tried reproducing the issue first on a nexus 5. Does a reboot solve the issue?
    Maybe the phone is running out of ram and the OS is freeing some memory (although i wouldn't bet on that being the issue)
    02-02-16 09:23 AM
    I reboot my Priv all the time its been like this for the last month.. Im goign to try a few different things to see if I can reproduce it and get some screen shots or a video of it
    02-02-16 09:32 AM
    I reboot my Priv all the time its been like this for the last month.. Im goign to try a few different things to see if I can reproduce it and get some screen shots or a video of it
    It might be some strange interaction between the priv implementation of Android and the facebook app. Are you using the keyboard (for scrolling) while using the FB app?
    02-02-16 09:40 AM
    To be honest i never touch the keyboard ever... I just have no use for it I got the Priv for the OS and Screen
    02-02-16 09:47 AM
    To be honest i never touch the keyboard ever... I just have no use for it I got the Priv for the OS and Screen
    Does this issue happen with any other app similar to facebook in regards to scrolling and link opening (Twitter has a similar implementation)
    02-02-16 09:53 AM
    No it only happens in Facebook
    02-02-16 11:04 AM
    So just did a test this morning. I got up and did my daily thing. Normally I loose 20-25% battery in 45m to 1 hour of straight use. This morning 10% loss by just using the mobile version of Facebook. What a joke on Facebook, they should be ashamed of their developers. I can't believe their app is so poorly written that it would consume 100-150% more battery then using the Web version. Wow!!!! Facebook app uninstalled!
    02-03-16 08:21 AM
    I wonder what happens when you leave it open by accident?!?
    02-03-16 08:22 AM
    I wonder what happens when you leave it open by accident?!?
    The mobile site? Not much, at least all of the websites I leave open have to refresh when I go back into them. You could install GSam Battery Monitor to get a better idea of how it consumes battery.
    02-03-16 09:04 AM
    No I mean the Facebook app if you leave it open, if it kills the batter like it does when using it I wonder what it does while idle!
    02-03-16 09:05 AM