OK, so I am a Tech *****...so please bear with me.

I have a special needs nephew and a young niece, and they use their mom's phone for Face Time, which is apparently an iPhone thing. That said, can I get Face Time to work on my Priv? Is this some sort of app? If not, is there something I can use that interfaces or works with Face Time?

Thank you in advance.
    01-02-17 11:01 AM
    You can use bbm or whatsapp for video calling. Facetime is an iPhone app it's not gonna work on any android devices or something else.
    atharafzal and bluesqueen23 like this.
    01-02-17 11:04 AM
    You can use bbm or whatsapp for video calling. Facetime is an iPhone app it's not gonna work on any android devices or something else.
    Thanks...so I have to get their mom to use something that I can use (like Whatsapp) and then we can do the video calling? BBM? I thought that was just a BB instant messaging thing? Thanks.
    01-02-17 11:10 AM
    FaceTime will only work on ios devices. For video chat I'd recommend Skype. It's more cross platform than BBM or whatsapp in that you can use it on a computer as well so you're not limited to mobile devices.
    01-02-17 11:40 AM
    Facebook also has video chat
    john_v and bigedschukar like this.
    01-02-17 12:38 PM
    I agree on the Skype recommendation. You would install the android version and your relative would install the ios version.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-17 12:47 PM
    I agree on the Skype recommendation. You would install the android version and your relative would install the ios version.

Posted via CB10
    Got it...that was the answer I was looking for! Thank you.

I tried Skype on my laptop, via Office 365, and I didn't like it. It didn't seem very user-friendly. Now, that could be because I am a Tech *****, LOL. Maybe that's the Office 365 version. I don't know. I've heard many good things about Skype, so I'll give it a shot.

Thank you again.
    01-02-17 12:49 PM
    Got it...that was the answer I was looking for! Thank you.

I tried Skype on my laptop, via Office 365, and I didn't like it. It didn't seem very user-friendly. Now, that could be because I am a Tech *****, LOL. Maybe that's the Office 365 version. I don't know. I've heard many good things about Skype, so I'll give it a shot.

Thank you again.
    Yeah I agree with you on the office 365 version...it's their rebranded "Skype for Business". Go to Skype.com and download & install that version
    01-02-17 12:51 PM
    I used to use Skype to video chat with my wife and kids while away on business travel but we switched to Facebook's video recently. It seems to have better video quality than Skype and stays connected.

So... I would recommend trying out the Facebook video chat (if y'all have FB accounts).
    john_v likes this.
    01-02-17 01:09 PM
    WhatsApp doesn't have video calling.
    01-02-17 01:09 PM
    Problem is, a lot of people don't want to use FB, especially older folks.
    Carmels likes this.
    01-02-17 04:35 PM

It has now, for Android and ios

Posted via CB10
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    01-02-17 04:47 PM
    Problem is, a lot of people don't want to use FB, especially older folks.
    Hey, stop looking at me!!! I don't care if you are using facetime, facebook, face off, skype, bbm or ..........
    01-02-17 04:52 PM
    I'm not an older folks lol and I think Facebook is a colossal waste of time and privacy. BBM video chat works pretty good on android to iPhone. Use it with my kids
    01-02-17 05:46 PM
    Yeah I agree with you on the office 365 version...it's their rebranded "Skype for Business". Go to Skype.com and download & install that version
    Thanks john_v...I forgot, it is Skype for Business. Everyone raves about Skype...and this Skype for Business on Office 365 is not good at all. It is not user-friendly, doesn't easily "connect" the other person, don't give good instructions, etc.

I am glad to hear the regular version for a Priv is better -- thanks again!
    01-02-17 05:56 PM
    Use Google Duo. It's made for Android and by design very simple to use and cross-platform to IOS.
    tfitzpat03 and andy957 like this.
    01-02-17 06:06 PM
    I wish BlackBerry would open up BBM video between Android, iOS and BlackBerry 10. That way, I wouldn't have to use another alternative app to video chat with my wife because she's still using a Classic. Guess I'll have to wait for the Mercury in order to upgrade the wife's phone.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    01-02-17 08:10 PM
    Use Google Duo. It's made for Android and by design very simple to use and cross-platform to IOS.
    Google Duo is a nice app for the simplicity.

From my experience, I haven't had a good experience with WhatsApp Video. The video tends to be pixelated majority of the time but it gets the job done.
    andy957 likes this.
    01-02-17 09:02 PM
    Google Duo is a nice app for the simplicity.

From my experience, I haven't had a good experience with WhatsApp Video. The video tends to be pixelated majority of the time but it gets the job done.
    So, with Google Duo...I use that, and the other person still uses Face Time? Or we both use Google Duo? Sorry, being a Tech *****, I am technologically handicapped, LOL. Thanks again.
    01-02-17 10:09 PM
    Both use Duo. Search for Google Duo on your respective app store on the phone, install and away you go.
    Tech Idiot likes this.
    01-02-17 11:23 PM
    Both use Duo. Search for Google Duo on your respective app store on the phone, install and away you go.
    Got it. Thank you.
    01-02-17 11:33 PM

Ehm, iOS and android have video calling in whatsapp. I use it everyday
    Tech Idiot likes this.
    01-03-17 06:37 AM
    So, OP, you've been given a bunch of great suggestions here. What I would do if I were you is talk to the mom and find out what she is comfortable using (i.e., some people don't like Facebook, others don't trust Google, etc). Then go from there.
    01-03-17 08:17 AM
    So, with Google Duo...I use that, and the other person still uses Face Time? Or we both use Google Duo? Sorry, being a Tech *****, I am technologically handicapped, LOL. Thanks again.
    Another advocate for Duo. That app is made to do one thing and one thing only, video chat. Only negative thing is it is tied to a phone number, so there is no tablet or desktop app. My family says the ios app works great a well.
    john_v likes this.
    01-03-17 09:04 AM
    Another advocate for Duo. That app is made to do one thing and one thing only, video chat. Only negative thing is it is tied to a phone number, so there is no tablet or desktop app. My family says the ios app works great a well.
    Google needs to figure out what they want to do with messaging...they've got Hangouts, Messenger (only does text messaging), and Duo. Would be nice to see them all combined into one. Duo is almost there I think, but like you said, desktop and tablet is a must in today's competitive messaging market. I do use both Hangouts and Messenger.
    01-03-17 09:30 AM
32 12