Is this replacement battery for the Priv real or fake?

And does or doesn't this type of RB for the Priv exist?

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/H09037d3f...Berry-Priv.jpg

Who has done it for swapping between two batteries before in the past?

Posted via CB10
    06-14-20 10:36 AM
    Is this replacement battery for the Priv real or fake?

And does or doesn't this type of RB for the Priv exist?

Who has done it for swapping between two batteries before in the past?

Posted via CB10
    It may fit and work in the Priv, but by no means will it have as much capacity as advertised. That in itself casts a shadow over the seller.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ben xfg; 06-14-20 at 11:01 AM.
    06-14-20 10:49 AM
    It may fit and work in the Priv, but by no means will it have as much capacity as advertised. That in itself casts a shadow over the seller.

Posted via CB10
    I found it on Ebay so far, but do you think it's legitimate or not?

Could you tell if this thing is real or fake (Based what you saw on the picture)?

Posted via CB10
    06-14-20 10:54 AM
    I found it on Ebay so far, but do you think it's legitimate or not?

Could you tell if this thing is real or fake (Based what you saw on the picture)?

Posted via CB10
    Oh, if you order it I'm sure a battery will show up. It will probably also fit, it just won't have the capacity as advertised - more like 3300mah or something.
    If it doesn't show up or doesn't fit for some reason you should still be safe with the eBay money back guarantee.
    Hopefully others will jump to share their experiences as well.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-20 11:00 AM
    Oh, if you order it I'm sure a battery will show up. It will probably also fit, it just won't have the capacity as advertised - more like 3300mah or something.
    If it doesn't show up or doesn't fit for some reason you should still be safe with the eBay money back guarantee.
    Hopefully others will jump to share their experiences as well.

Posted via CB10
    I thought and caught that much too. The only research I did was I saw this advertising that originally came from ali express.com and honestly I wasn't so sure about it. In the beginning I had showed interessed in bigger battery life as a replacement before but having doubts often, I see now clearly that I kinda expected this much about not having the capacity of BR for the Priv afterwards.

So I just was ancious and curious to see if any of you all had experienced with this kind of situation and share your stories here on CB.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-20 11:17 AM
    If you ever see HSABAT, follow the chicken and cross the road :-)
    I thought and caught that much too. The only research I did was I saw this advertising that originally came from ali express.com and honestly I wasn't so sure about it. In the beginning I had showed interessed in bigger battery life as a replacement before but having doubts often, I see now clearly that I kinda expected this much about not having the capacity of BR for the Priv afterwards.

So I just was ancious and curious to see if any of you all had experienced with this kind of situation and share your stories here on CB.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-20 01:19 AM
    If you ever see HSABAT, follow the chicken and cross the road :-)
    Are you trying to be funny?

Posted via CB10
    06-15-20 03:29 PM
    Are you trying to be funny?

Posted via CB10
    No I'm being serious. Misleading and false claims about the capacity. Might even be used batteries with new labeling.
    06-15-20 08:15 PM
    No I'm being serious. Misleading and false claims about the capacity. Might even be used batteries with new labeling.
    Okay, Understood.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-20 10:39 AM
    I'm thinking about replacing the battery on my Priv, but after more than 4 years and how apps are acting up I think it's better to replace the phone
    06-17-20 07:51 PM
    so what is a good replacement battery for the Priv?
    06-21-20 01:41 PM
    I'm thinking about replacing the battery on my Priv, but after more than 4 years and how apps are acting up I think it's better to replace the phone
    I agree. The apps are becoming bigger on data within few years lately and that's something the older generation smartphones like the Priv (for instance) can't handle no more like it use to be in the past.

For example: if you download a specific app (or game) from the play- or appstore, the data which that type of the specific app carries (let say at least 1,2 GB maximum data from an app nowadays) takes a lot of space and the battery rapidly decreases tremendously. Running the app will be very difficult from that point on because of the limitations of memory storage capacity.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-20 08:10 PM
    so what is a good replacement battery for the Priv?
    On Ebay, I also found Priv BR's for shorter lifespan like 3300 mAh or 3360 mAh instead of the original 3410 mAh.

The condition of it though, that's another question, should you order and buy one BR for your Priv device.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ginowine; 06-21-20 at 09:05 PM.
    06-21-20 08:17 PM
    No I'm being serious. Misleading and false claims about the capacity.
    The 4300mAH claim isn't technically false, but it is misleading. Note what it says right below that:

"Charging limit: 4.4V"

The Priv won't charge its battery to 4.4 volts! It'll stop at 4.2, which it considers 100%. I'd bet the only way to get 4300mAH out of this battery is to charge it to 4.4 volts, which you can't do without root or an impractical external charger (do you really want to disassemble your Priv every time you need to charge your battery?) - and even if you could, the battery wouldn't last through the 2-year warranty. And I'd also bet the only reason they even offer a 2-year warranty is that they know the Priv will never get 4300mAH of charge into it!
    06-23-20 11:30 PM
    I prefer to look at battery capacity this way...So you have a pail that holds 10 litres of water. Then somebody comes along and tries to convince you that they can fit 13 litres in your pail..... FAIL.
    The 4300mAH claim isn't technically false, but it is misleading. Note what it says right below that:

"Charging limit: 4.4V"

The Priv won't charge its battery to 4.4 volts! It'll stop at 4.2, which it considers 100%. I'd bet the only way to get 4300mAH out of this battery is to charge it to 4.4 volts, which you can't do without root or an impractical external charger (do you really want to disassemble your Priv every time you need to charge your battery?) - and even if you could, the battery wouldn't last through the 2-year warranty. And I'd also bet the only reason they even offer a 2-year warranty is that they know the Priv will never get 4300mAH of charge into it!
    06-23-20 11:40 PM
    I purchased this battery on EBAY. Will use to replace on my PRIV.
    Exibit the picture of Priv replacement battery.-img_20200705_1502358.jpegExibit the picture of Priv replacement battery.-img_20200705_1502439.jpeg
    07-05-20 08:27 AM