Just got my very first Android phone (LG Stylo). I do not like the UI. A few great features, plenty in fact. But it's not a simple UI.

Posted via CB10
    I don't care for it either but I haven't used it enough to learn it.
    09-17-15 07:28 PM
    See top right pic from internal BlackBerry media leak:

Attachment 371787

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    Um, dude ... that Left/Right-Swipe is native to Android and to iOS since like 2 versions ago on BOTH versions. Nothing new but the colour highlights
    09-17-15 07:36 PM
    Um, dude ... that Left/Right-Swipe is native to Android and to iOS since like 2 versions ago on BOTH versions. Nothing new but the colour highlights
    Are you quoting the correct post?

09-17-15 08:02 PM
    Ahhh bb10 IS superior... Please dont die! Im really hating android. I can see that bb10 has more to improve in features, but its not cluttered on the UI.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    will308 likes this.
    09-17-15 08:54 PM
    I noticed the back is the good old carbon fiber style weave. Hoping the device looks more premium in hand as the pictures make it look a little cheap
    methodinsane likes this.
    09-17-15 11:50 PM
    How about this one?

Attachment 371805

Samsung device?

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 11:59 PM
    Here's what I'm thinking how the hub will work. With android typically when you hold down the home button icon, you get the Google search icon show up. From the picture that someone posted you see three icons. Blackberry search, Google search and hub. So in order to access the hub, you'd hold down the home button, click on the hub app, and you'd be taken to the hub.

I'm just speculating.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    You touch the home button and from there, to access
    Google now: swipe up
    BlackBerry assistant: swipe up and left
    BlackBerry hub: swipe up and right

All these gestures starting from the home button, at anywhere within the OS.

Seems like they duplicated gestures to a certain degree.
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    09-18-15 12:25 AM
    Nope

Exclusive: New leaked images of the BlackBerry Venice-img_20150918_115148.png
    Exclusive: New leaked images of the BlackBerry Venice-img_20150918_115140.png

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 02:54 AM
    I read on Phonearena (http://www.phonearena.com/news/Fresh...l-over_id73810,) after recent leaks, that the swipe up gestures usually for Google now, right takes you to messages, and left to a local search. Plus they have put actions as part of the apps, and widget settings, which tells me probably no hub, but you will be able to add immediate actions to your home screen, like post to BBM or write a message. I hope I'm wrong, cause I'm really looking forward to the hub. They also seem to talk about the widget sizes in relation to apps recently used...

Posted via CB10
    will308 likes this.
    09-18-15 03:11 AM
    Samsung device?

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure that's the hub, but the mail client, I hope the mail is custom BlackBerry like the pic and not stock Android, which is rubbish.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 03:14 AM
    Actually the swipe up right icon looks exactly like the hub icon on bbw, maybe then there is a hub, that hasn't been revealed yet.

Exclusive: New leaked images of the BlackBerry Venice-img_20150918_121832.png

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 03:20 AM
    Actually the swipe up right icon looks exactly like the hub icon on bbw, maybe then there is a hub, that hasn't been revealed yet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150918_121832.png 
Views:	746 
Size:	135.9 KB 
ID:	371896

Posted via CB10
    We also saw this, that looks some kind of quick access to hub and blackberry search:
    09-18-15 09:37 AM
    Please change the title of the thread.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 09:45 AM
    Just set this on my Note and uploaded a couple videos

Swipe for left screen, email widget

Swipe up, right into actual inbox
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    09-18-15 01:13 PM
    Since we seem to be discussing it here...

I haven't used Android for more than a couple minutes since Jellybean or Kitkat... but has anyone implemented a way to switch to an app or widget, and then switch back to the previous app in a hurry when you're done?

It appears we will be able to hold the home button from anywhere and then swipe up+right to access the hub, but when we're done will it take us back to an active-pane sort of thing? On BB10 I can be watching a Youtube video, get the top bar email notification, swipe up and right to get the hub, click the email for a quick read, swipe up, tap back on the open browser and go back to watching. I can do that in 5 seconds easy, so I don't even need to pause the video to find out if the email is important or not.

Really, as long as there's a hub and a physical keyboard I'll be getting the Slider, but I am concerned about ease of work flow.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 01:40 PM

I haven't used Android for more than a couple minutes since Jellybean or Kitkat... but has anyone implemented a way to switch to an app or widget, and then switch back to the previous app in a hurry when you're done?

It appears we will be able to hold the home button from anywhere and then swipe up+right to access the hub, but when we're done will it take us back to an active-pane sort of thing? On BB10 I can be watching a Youtube video, get the top bar email notification, swipe up and right to get the hub, click the email for a quick read, swipe up, tap back on the open browser and go back to watching. I can do that in 5 seconds easy, so I don't even need to pause the video to find out if the email is important or not.

Really, as long as there's a hub and a physical keyboard I'll be getting the Slider, but I am concerned about ease of work flow.

Posted via CB10
    Thats not how android works. If im on a browser watching a video and an email comes in, i can either press the square icon(its the one that takes you to a list of what windows are open), and open the email window. The email app would have to already been open. But if you have multiple windows open, you'd have to scroll through it first. View the email in full then press the square button again and select the browser window. Once you've already left the browser though, it would have the stopped the video. When you get back in the browser, dont think you can resume the video, because for some stupid reason it would refresh the page.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-18-15 02:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    You can switch fast using the task switch button, here, just uploaded this for you to show it.

MO3iusONE likes this.
    09-18-15 02:03 PM
    I may have missed it in previous threads but will this device also have the blackberry virtual keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 02:20 PM
    I may have missed it in previous threads but will this device also have the blackberry virtual keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    Of course.

09-18-15 02:23 PM
    despite of two layers they still be able to make the phone thinner. I love it, but will not buy right away need to know more about Blackberry security it put into the device first!
    09-18-15 03:43 PM

I'm no I'm correcting the notion of using a swipe to get to options on the highlighted email. Swiping any email is native to Android,its not something brought by BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 06:06 PM

Yes actually I am, in the context of the particular conversation the one correctly someone else is whom I'm specifically pointing out the difference.

Try reading it again the conversation in context, I think you'll get it.
    09-26-15 10:30 PM
72 123