I have been using the plain text notes in Outlook for a dozen years or so, and have made massive use of it being synced to my blackberry, first via BES and more recently with BB10 and Activesync. It has always baffled me that most Android devices don't have a means to sync those notes. The Android forums always seem to say, "why would you bother? Use Onenote, Evernote, etc..." Please. Another thread.

This is just a simple question: without all of the, "why would you xxx, just do yyy" can anyone answer - does the Priv sync up the Exchange notes?
    11-09-15 05:12 PM
    I have been using the plain text notes in Outlook for a dozen years or so, and have made massive use of it being synced to my blackberry, first via BES and more recently with BB10 and Activesync. It has always baffled me that most Android devices don't have a means to sync those notes. The Android forums always seem to say, "why would you bother? Use Onenote, Evernote, etc..." Please. Another thread.

This is just a simple question: without all of the, "why would you xxx, just do yyy" can anyone answer - does the Priv sync up the Exchange notes?
    It sure does! The Notes app has all mine in it.
    11-09-15 05:13 PM
    Yup confirmed, when I dabbled with Android briefly last year I needed to use a paid email App for the notes feature, nice that it's part of the Hub.
    11-09-15 06:10 PM
    I have an ActiveSync account setup in the Hub. Now I want my notes from the same account, so I tried to add the account to the Notes app, but I get this error message: Duplicate Account. What do I do now?
    Attached Thumbnails Exchange notes sync on Priv?-1462259645326.jpg  
    05-03-16 03:14 AM
    If you've already setup a "Hub account" for that same email you should already have it. If they're not syncing go into system settings - Accounts - BlackBerry Hub - make sure tasks/notes are syncing

Also check system settings - - Accounts - BlackBerry Hub - - account settings -- tap the account in question - ensure "sync tasks/notes" toggle is on
    05-03-16 11:57 PM
    There is no mention of notes. I have it partially figured out, for some reason the Hub used ActiveSync version 12.1 instead of 14.1, which includes Notes.

I have to remove and re-add the account and see what happens.

Thanks for the suggestions.
    05-04-16 02:30 AM
    My problem is that the Priv Hub won't connect to my MDaemon Email server with ActiveSync Protocol 14.1, which is required for Notes to work. It refuses to connect higher than 12.1.
    05-05-16 03:35 PM
    How do you set it up properly ? I have changed my Hotmail to an Outlook but apparently it won't work with the Web browser. I have hundreds of Notes stuck on my device....

If you liked this post, you can now find more like this by following me on Twitter @MeerAdrie
    05-05-16 04:00 PM
    How do you set it up properly ? I have changed my Hotmail to an Outlook but apparently it won't work with the Web browser. I have hundreds of Notes stuck on my device....

If you liked this post, you can now find more like this by following me on Twitter @MeerAdrie
    I'm not sure what account your "Notes" are associated with on your "device". What device?
    As far as I know, hotmail/outlook.com does NOT support notes.

Maybe your Notes are stored only on BB10 device and you will need to do a device transfer thing to move them to the Priv? I'm just guessing because you don't say what "device" they are stuck on.
    05-06-16 02:43 AM
    There is no mention of notes. I have it partially figured out, for some reason the Hub used ActiveSync version 12.1 instead of 14.1, which includes Notes.

I have to remove and re-add the account and see what happens.

Thanks for the suggestions.
    I just looked at my Priv on our Exchange server, it's reporting 14.1, using the Hub.
    05-06-16 08:20 AM
    It's frustrating, RIM owned MDaemon for awhile until the original founders purchased it back. Now BlackBerry has a hard time working with it, even though they still have a licensing arrangement for BES.

At first, the HUB didn't work correctly with Email sync. Now that seems to be fixed in the latest Hub software update, but it still won't connect to ActiveSync 14.1 correctly, even though BB10 works great.
    05-06-16 02:01 PM
    When you setup the account are you manually entering all the details or is it Auto-discovering them?
    05-06-16 05:42 PM
    When you setup the account are you manually entering all the details or is it Auto-discovering them?
    Not sure who you are talking to. For myself, I enter them manually. I run my own server, I sell and support MDaemon.
    05-08-16 04:57 PM
    I'll ask how that would configure on Monday. Thanks.
    05-08-16 10:33 PM