Sorry if this has been brought up before but I didn't find an answer in my search.

My problem is this.

When I did my initial setup with the PRIV. I used my gmail account to gain access to play store.
    Then wanted to set up the hub with my work exchange active sync account. Entered all the info as required. Chose to sync email, contacts and tasks. Emails started to sync. Contacts or tasks never did.

The only way I have been able to get my contacts and tasks to sync is to add my exchange account through the Gmail app. The problem with this is now I have my exchange email going to 2 different mail boxes. so I When I go into the Gmail setting and turn of the exchange account email sync. I no longer get my email in the HUB either.

Obviously I am doing something wrong so any help would be greatly appreciated.
    12-03-15 09:59 AM
    A new problem has started.

I still have not solved the above issue but now my calendar doesn't sync at all. I now get a sync error. (sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly.) This has been happening the last 3 days. I have had to turn off calendar sync as it causes massive battery drain.
    12-07-15 07:43 AM
    I wasted a week to get the sync of all the email, contact & calendar from our Mdaemon activesync server to this Android version BB Hub. Also couldn't solve the problem. Finally had to give up the Hub and used the native Gmail apps instead.
    The BB Priv software update was released to public today. But still waiting for my carrier to push out to their customers.
    The BB Hub app software update will be released on DEC 12. You can try to see whether it really work later. But i don't think i would switch it back.
    12-07-15 11:56 AM
    Sorry if this has been brought up before but I didn't find an answer in my search.

My problem is this.

When I did my initial setup with the PRIV. I used my gmail account to gain access to play store.
    Then wanted to set up the hub with my work exchange active sync account. Entered all the info as required. Chose to sync email, contacts and tasks. Emails started to sync. Contacts or tasks never did.

The only way I have been able to get my contacts and tasks to sync is to add my exchange account through the Gmail app. The problem with this is now I have my exchange email going to 2 different mail boxes. so I When I go into the Gmail setting and turn of the exchange account email sync. I no longer get my email in the HUB either.

Obviously I am doing something wrong so any help would be greatly appreciated.
    OK so I setup my new priv yesterday and it went as smooth as could be, this is what I suggest you do.

Factory reset your priv, then go through the setup process entering your Gmail details, next In the play store update all your apps, and then search for 'blackberry limited' you will need to manually update all of the blackberry apps, from memory there is about 10 or so, once that has done and you are happy everythimg is updated, restart your priv, now goto the hub and add your exchange account, give it 10 mins or so to settle, after that open the contacts app and skip the intro and do the same for the calendar app, u should now have all of your data, lastly if you want to also add your gmail account to the hub add it but make sure you turn off the notifications etc in the settings/accounts in the normal phone settings.

Good luck
    12-07-15 12:07 PM
    OK so I setup my new priv yesterday and it went as smooth as could be, this is what I suggest you do.

Factory reset your priv, then go through the setup process entering your Gmail details, next In the play store update all your apps, and then search for 'blackberry limited' you will need to manually update all of the blackberry apps, from memory there is about 10 or so, once that has done and you are happy everythimg is updated, restart your priv, now goto the hub and add your exchange account, give it 10 mins or so to settle, after that open the contacts app and skip the intro and do the same for the calendar app, u should now have all of your data, lastly if you want to also add your gmail account to the hub add it but make sure you turn off the notifications etc in the settings/accounts in the normal phone settings.

Good luck
    I have tried this 3 times with no luck. Like I posted above the only way for me to get my contacts and calendar was to add my exchange account to the Gmail app as well as the HUB app.. And over the last 3 days I have now lost the ability to sync my calendar all together. I just get the sync error and that is through the Gmail app. Only thing that works through the HUB setup is email.
    12-07-15 12:17 PM
    Glad(?) to have found ppl with similar problem. sometimes BB can be so hard to get these basic features straight and now the google/android nonsense added makes it a mission impossible. I'd like to see a good solution posted.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-28-15 12:02 AM
    Go into settings -- accounts and click the dots in the top right corner. Make sure "Sync all data" is ON.

Also go into settings -- accounts -- blackberry hub -- select account with problems -- make sure the messages, calendar, tasks, etc sync toggles are all ON
    12-28-15 11:36 AM
    After months of having everything work well. My contacts will no longer sync. This started after the apr update.
    04-07-16 02:27 PM
    Woo Hoo! I managed to fix the ActiveSync >> Blackberry Hub problem on my Priv and it is working like it should always have worked!

I found a 2014 post on the android forums website about similar issues with activesync >> google calendar, and I got to thinking a similar approach might work for fixing the BB Hub issue too.

DISCLAIMER: BEFORE YOU ATTEMPT THIS FIX, READ THE CAVEATS WRITTEN BY THE RESPONDER (scanman) IN THE LINK BELOW AND PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.

DISCLOSURE: I am running a Beta build of android 6 with AT&T, and running the Beta version of Google Play & Google Assistant. I am not running the Beta BB Hub+. I have no idea if these conditions attributed to my success or not. Again, this is up to you to decide. I cannot support you if this does not work for you.

In my case I had very little to risk since I manage most of my company email and scheduling from MS Outlook 2013. At the end of the process I discovered that I lost nothing on my device from following the steps.

1) If at all possible, make sure you are connected via wifi to your corporate environment.
    2) Close all hub and calendar apps
    3) Complete the google calendar fix from scanman by navigating to Reply #7 under this link:
    https://androidforums.com/threads/ex...ntries.838768/
    4) Open Settings > Apps > Applications [make sure 'All apps' is shown]
    5) Select the BB Calendar (green calendar icon)
    6) Select Storage
    7) Select Clear data. Answer OK when prompted.
    8) Go to Settings > BlackBerry Hub+ Account > [select your affected Hub account]. This will show the Sync page where you should flip your Calendar sync off, then back on. Note: When I performed this step my calendar sync was already off, but it turned itself on almost immediately. (all my sync features are on)
    9) Tap on the 3-dot menu and tap "Sync now". Each Hub+ feature that you have turned on should refresh.
    10) Open your BlackBerry Calendar. You will probably receive a first use calendar tutorial which you should follow because you do need to give permission for your calendar to access your phone. After closing the tutorial you may receive some new calendar notifications, but at the very least you should have a sync'd calendar.

If you receive an error message upon opening the Calendar app, close and re-open it to re-activate sync.

You will likely need to reset your calendar preferences, which was a minor inconvenience.

Hope this works for you as well as it did for me!
    03-30-17 03:24 PM