Looks like BB has found a solution for the adopted PRIVs.
    Today, I've got notification for an update, not from ATT, it was pushed from BB.
    I installed it, and build no. is AAG853; not an ATT build#, but the rest of the world update.
    All references to ATT have disappeared, all ATT apps I have disabled are now gone (I am with Bell in Canada).
    Great fix BlackBerry, cheers!
    Vladimir Putin and Muaya like this.
    10-17-16 09:31 PM
    and you had your Bell SIM In it?
    10-17-16 09:35 PM
    Nice!
    10-17-16 09:39 PM
    Would you mind running getprop? Download a terminal app (like this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...terialterminal), open it and type:

Code:
    getprop | grep venice
    and post what you get for ro.boot.binfo.name, ro.build.fingerprint and ro.product.name.
    zocster likes this.
    10-17-16 09:44 PM
    and you had your Bell SIM In it?
    That's the only SIM I use.
    zocster likes this.
    10-17-16 10:08 PM
    Would you mind running getprop? Download a terminal app (like this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...terialterminal), open it and type:

Code:
    getprop | grep venice
    Will try...

and post what you get for ro.boot.binfo.name, ro.build.fingerprint and ro.product.name.
    10-17-16 10:08 PM
    Yup, I've got one on Citifone in Canada (Rogers subsidiary)
    zocster likes this.
    10-17-16 10:11 PM
    congrats to all ATT Priv users! it's your INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!
    OriginalLucy and Dennis King like this.
    10-17-16 10:15 PM

Code:
    getprop | grep venice
    Okay, this is what I've got:

Transcript from Terminal Emulator for Android

u0_a144@venice:/ $ getprop | grep venice
    [ro.boot.binfo.name]: [venicenaatt]
    [ro.boot.binfo.product]: [venice]
    [ro.build.fingerprint]: [blackberry/venicenaatt/venice:6.0.1/MMB29M/AAG853:user/release-keys]
    [ro.hwf.nfc.tuning_config]: [venice]
    [ro.product.board]: [venice]
    [ro.product.device]: [venice]
    [ro.product.name]: [venicenaatt]
    u0_a144@venice:/ $
    zocster, thurask and OriginalLucy like this.
    10-17-16 10:16 PM
    It looks like BlackBerry cooked up a special AAG853 AT&T build.
    OriginalLucy likes this.
    10-17-16 10:30 PM
    So... how does that work? There still are ATTs, and there are ex ATTs. Does the patch/upgrade discriminate by SIM, IMEI, or else?
    The patch obviously came in the Sep. autoloader that I installed, the check for updates command had a different message than before.
    The unit is still obviously an ATT, but customized...
    10-17-16 10:34 PM
    Can they do special cook for verizon too?

posted via the last true BlackBerry
    10-17-16 10:39 PM
    So... how does that work? There still are ATTs, and there are ex ATTs. Does the patch/upgrade discriminate by SIM, IMEI, or else?
    The patch obviously came in the Sep. autoloader that I installed, the check for updates command had a different message than before.
    http://crackberry.com/if-you-purchas...tly-blackberry

Have a look at the boss' comment
    10-17-16 10:44 PM
    So... how does that work? There still are ATTs, and there are ex ATTs. Does the patch/upgrade discriminates by SIM, IMEI, or else?
    I'm guessing IMEI, since BlackBerry probably itemized all of the devices they shipped to third-party resellers. Since the variant is unchanged I'm assuming BlackBerry either would distribute special autoloaders in the future, or one would have to use the AT&T loader to reload.

As for the build itself, the differences between regular and carrier AAG853 all lie (I think) in the OEM partition; the partition that contains carrier settings, splash screens, ringtones and crapware. I know the only difference in the files within the common and T-Mobile autoloaders is the OEM image file, the rest is byte by byte identical. BlackBerry probably did the same thing here, with whatever voodoo they needed to get a clean OEM partition onto an AT&T Priv.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    10-17-16 10:47 PM
    Yep, just got mine on my eBay unlocked AT&T Priv. What a joy. I keep no Sim card in this one and just got the request to update. BlackBerry found a way.. Awesome and f AT&T!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails Ex ATT Priv update-169218.jpg  
    10-17-16 11:06 PM
    So, how do we get the update? Is it pushed out or do I need to check for updates? I just checked but nothing available. Thx
    10-17-16 11:08 PM
    So, how do we get the update? Is it pushed out or do I need to check for updates? I just checked but nothing available. Thx
    Try restart and check for updates?

posted via the last true BlackBerry
    10-17-16 11:14 PM
    Could it be because the AT&T modifications in 873 which caused issues with reception, they just decided to push 853 to everyone?
    10-17-16 11:26 PM
    Could it be because the AT&T modifications in 873 which caused issues with reception, they just decided to push 853 to everyone?
    Now quite everyone - Verizon, here!!!!
    jaydee5799, tigrute and zephyr613 like this.
    10-18-16 12:15 AM
    Yep, just got mine on my eBay unlocked AT&T Priv. What a joy. I keep no Sim card in this one and just got the request to update. BlackBerry found a way.. Awesome and f AT&T!

Also got mine from eBay..was the update pushed to you automatically?

Just checked manually and my phone said I should check again in 24 hours..;o(

Cheers from Germany
    10-18-16 05:08 AM
    I restarted it twice. Still got nothing. Probably timezone is different. Let see if I receive any notification tomorrow morning.
    10-18-16 05:09 AM
    If they have an autoloader , will this work for us att priv owners still on att?

10-18-16 06:39 AM
    Got my ATT priv from ebay and just got the update in Australia on Telstra...
    10-18-16 06:52 AM
    Now quite everyone - Verizon, here!!!!
    Curiously, what happens if you remove your sim and try to do an update over wifi?
    10-18-16 06:57 AM
    It was just pushed; after I got the notice I launched the ATT updater and it said the software on the phone is up to date.
    10-18-16 06:58 AM
127 123 ...